Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

924 Carrrera Turbo Widebody

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:23 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo, I am going to check out the car finally, I think. Truthfully, I think its parts only car, so if I can get the seller to agree on my terms, do we have any taker on parts?

He said the engine runs strong, doesn't know anything about the suspension, if its lsd or open tranny, the exhaust, etc etc.

I think the only thing I would keep would be the headlights. Rims, suspension, engine, hatch, wing, body kit, interior would all be up for sale.

PM or list here your parts interest and prices. If I can recoup my purchase price, then I will update the thread with parts for sale.

Cheers
Old 07-22-2015, 12:43 PM
fasteddie313
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

What's the wing worth? I like that..

I also wouldn't mind having the steering wheel and whatever adaptor, something to replace my perfect exclusive 930 steering wheel so I don't have to worry about messing mine up with dirty hands because all I do is wrench-test-wrench-test..

Heater core if its good..

I'm looking for some bigger rear brakes, wonder what's on this thing?? I also wouldn't mind the brake pedal lever to cut/chop/zap/custom for adjustable pedal/MC leverage..

Shift lever also for cut/chop/zap/custom...

What kind of TB and adaptor is on it? Looks like something custom/aftermarket but IDK.. Also wondering what that bottle/solenoid? hanging off the left of the fuel distributor is..

Turbo for parts, no matter what it is or condition + its lines and oil cooler lines/banjo bolts/block adaptor + turbo-block bracket + WG + exhaust manifold regardless of cracks, all of that in any condition for DIY cut/chop/experimental purposes..

Your pile of random bolts/fasteners/clips/etc. from disassembly..

I can think of 100 things I'd like off that car but just can't afford it all.. I'm sure that list is already over budget..

More like let me know what's left I can get on the cheaps before the rest gets scrapped, sell everyone else what you can get good high $$ for and make a few extra $$ off me for the stuff nobody wants.. If I could afford all the parts I want at the going rate I'd have them already..
Old 07-22-2015, 12:48 PM
fasteddie313
Pro

Originally Posted by fiily
I think the only thing I would keep would be the headlights. Rims, suspension, engine, hatch, wing, body kit, interior would all be up for sale.
I doubt you will have trouble recouping. That body kit I'd think will bring $$.
Don't forget the trans if its a G31, check for LSD, if G31+lsd there's some $$..
Old 07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by fasteddie313
I doubt you will have trouble recouping. That body kit I'd think will bring $$.
Don't forget the trans if its a G31, check for LSD, if G31+lsd there's some $$..
I have to read up on how to check the stamping on a 931 tranny, I know the 944's info is on the top of the tranny and on the option code tag in the hatch.

Most of these car have had tranny swaps, so the more I know the better off I'll be.

TB looks stock its missing the charge pipe, but it looks like some Engine mgmt stuff by the drivers headlight hence the rat's nets wiring.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:06 PM
fasteddie313
Pro

The G31 trans code is on the middle all the way bottom underside rib just under where the CV shafts go in, LSD ends with "/12", I would still pick the rear up and just turn the tires in gear to check for LSD if it doesn't have the /12 because one could have been installed..
Recognise G31 trans by dogleg shift pattern with 1st left-down, also the G31 looks nothing like the Audi trannies, looks like a "snail", 79-80 cars or retrofit,, this car is so modded you may find all sorts of good stuff..
Old 07-22-2015, 01:26 PM
fiily
Pro

The G31 trans code is on the middle all the way bottom underside rib just under where the CV shafts go in, LSD ends with "/12", I would still pick the rear up and just turn the tires in gear to check for LSD if it doesn't have the /12 because one could have been installed..
Recognise G31 trans by dogleg shift pattern with 1st left-down, also the G31 looks nothing like the Audi trannies, looks like a "snail", 79-80 cars or retrofit,, this car is so modded you may find all sorts of good stuff..
Thanks, been reading up on 924org. Might be my next bookmarked site soon. Wondering if should post this on that forum, more people looking for goodies there perhaps?
Old 07-22-2015, 02:43 PM
fasteddie313
Pro

Absolutely... There are already a couple threads there laughing about this car and wishing they had the cool bits..
Old 07-22-2015, 05:37 PM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do get the car, I might be interested in the front and rear bumpers depending on condition/price.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:24 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by SloMo228
If you do get the car, I might be interested in the front and rear bumpers depending on condition/price.
Going down Friday after work, I will bring my nice camera and take pics, and more importantly, 1080p 60 frames per second video which I'll upload it to my youtube account for all to see the condition of the car, hear it run and all that fun stuff.

The owner seems enthusiastic about us meeting, let's see how he feels after I hit em with the money hammer!

If we can work out a deal, I would probably try to get it here over the weekend and start tearing into it.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not sure if anyone noticed it, but the front nose grill things look like the venting grills on the inside of the door jams.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:55 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by Paulyy
not sure if anyone noticed it, but the front nose grill things look like the venting grills on the inside of the door jams.
Yup, its was a picasso in someone's eyes, why ruin a perfectly good nose panel? I don't know it's history. I just want some parts off it and then part it out, get my money back and give the 924 community an opportunity to get some rare/nla parts from this vehicle.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:20 AM
fasteddie313
Pro

IIRC that car comes with a CGT top mount IC... Don't forget that puppy...
Old 07-23-2015, 06:49 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you know...if it runs well and its a solid car...you could always cut off the roof completely, and weld in a cage that follows the original 924 lines and have an open roof racer...it would be quite something.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:06 AM
fiily
Pro

IIRC that car comes with a CGT top mount IC... Don't forget that puppy...
I don't see anything, but I asked the current owner about any extra's and he didn't seem to know, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by morghen
you know...if it runs well and its a solid car...you could always cut off the roof completely, and weld in a cage that follows the original 924 lines and have an open roof racer...it would be quite something.
How about just welding a new non-sunroof roof clip back onto the car and doing it some justice?

I would probably need another parts car for the doors, roof, omg too much work to make it look right again.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:49 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make it the only 924 GTS speedster ever made. No roof, low cut speedster style windscreen, 944 cab style trunk, etc. DO IT!!!!

Quick Reply: 924 Carrrera Turbo Widebody