Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

924 Carrrera Turbo Widebody

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 12:13 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
Make it the only 924 GTS speedster ever made. No roof, low cut speedster style windscreen, 944 cab style trunk, etc. DO IT!!!!
I am not that ambitious, not yet at least. This is the most recent pic of the car

Looks pretty cool, minus the chopped job. Minus the crappy paint job. Minus the interior. Minus lots more.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:17 PM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would probably pull some good figures on a salt lake with that windscreen

Do me a favor, take off those side skirts, the nose grills and re-take that last picture please.
We need to look at this thing again.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:52 PM
fasteddie313
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd like to see a pic of it sitting next to a 944 for comparison purposes.. Front view/side view..
Old 07-24-2015, 03:31 PM
fiily
Pro

Hopefully if everything falls into place, I will take pics of it next to my 951 for a comparison.

3.5 hrs and counting down until I see it. Camera is ready, battery is fully charged for pics and video's.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:42 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by azbanks
Make it the only 924 GTS speedster ever made. No roof, low cut speedster style windscreen, 944 cab style trunk, etc. DO IT!!!!
I did a quick mock up of it without the roof, reminds me of the strosek speedster.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:11 PM
fiily
Pro

Default Youtube Video here, raw and uncut.

Uploaded a quick and dirty video of the car, make sure to change the settings to 720p60f.

I have another video about 3-4 minutes long, and many pics too. The car is very rough, and it seems the fenders, hood, rear quarter extensions are all fiberglass. The seats are corbeau, with rails. The hatch was bored out for lightening the car? It is all lexan, no glass, doors, quarters, hatch, and windshield. The passenger lexan needs to the riveted(screwed back down as it has popped off it's channel holding it in place.

The body kit I believe is an american international 924gts complete kit with the composite doors( I think they weigh about 10lbs.) and the entire kit was an expensive setup.

Fuchs are in decent shape, car has an msd ingition module, a boost controller, some weber intake manifold/plate at the intake, and yes the top mount intercooler is sitting in the trunk, but looks like someone broke a fitting off it, a 26/6 kkk turbo, a front mount oil cooler with lines to the back oil filters setup.

The wiring is a mess, I don't know how else to explain it. AOS missing, fuel lines run to some accel pressure regulator? It has all kinds of guages, oil , temp, oil pressure, boost, a whole panel of flip switches, other switches under the armrest which is in the trunk. The fuel filter is hanging down onto the ground.

He didn't have a battery, so no starting of the engine to verify internals, but he said the shop that fixed it 5-6months ago had it up and running, and running fine.

I couldn't climb under the car to check out the trans. casting for the stamping to determine if it was LSD since the grass around it was probably a foot long and wet, but it was a g31 with the dog leg, 1st gear down and to the left.

So now you have seen pics and a video, what say you? Buy it for parts, fix it, or run away?

Change the resolution to 720p60

Last edited by fiily; 07-25-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:32 PM
fasteddie313
Pro

That is an early 931 S1 turbo before updates.. 6404, it will have flat gaskets instead of aluminum seal rings..

That is not a REAL (valuable) CGT intercooler..

Vin looks interesting for some reason, I'll look it up.. -79 california model... Extra emissions BS..
Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 PM
fiily
Pro

I'll upload the other video shortly. The guy selling it bought it from a friend that passed away.

The guy talking in the 2nd video was telling me about the car, and showing all of the bits and pieces that come with it.

Stay tuned.

Thanks Eddie!

Last edited by fiily; 07-24-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:26 PM
fiily
Pro

Old 07-24-2015, 11:47 PM
porscharu
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mother of God. You can rule out the fixing part so that leaves you with two options. Outside of the Fuchs what redeeming parts does it have? You can't judge the engine since you didn't hear it run and I do not believe it was running six months ago. I have strong feelings about someone that claims a car runs but won't buy a $100 battery to help sell it. That exhaust didn't rust overnight its been sitting in the weeds for a while. I would buy the wheels or the car for the price of the wheels. Everything about this car is a crap shoot. You need a lot more questions answered before you can start adding any value. Best of luck.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:57 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by porscharu
Mother of God. You can rule out the fixing part so that leaves you with two options. Outside of the Fuchs what redeeming parts does it have? You can't judge the engine since you didn't hear it run. I have strong feelings about someone that claims a car runs but won't buy a $100 battery to help sell a car. That exhaust didn't rust overnight its been sitting in the weeds for a while. I would buy the wheels or the car for the price of the wheels. Everything about this car is a crap shoot. You need a lot more questions answered before you can start adding any value. Best of luck.
He first listed the car last year for for $5900 and it made me laugh when he said that. Something is only worth what another is willing to pay for it and i am not willing until he has a come to jesus talk about what this car is worth. If you selling something listed with a running engine, why the hell wouldn't you show your potential buyer(s), why yes, the engine does run, let me show you. Grrrrrr

The last thing I want to have is a car sitting in my garage for the next 2 years.

So below is the breakdown of the major components that would bring the biggest ROI. What's the going prices of these things:

15" Fuchs - price - ?
Front Bumper price - ?
Rear Euro Bumper price - ?
Boxed Rockers price - ?
Front fenders price - ?
Rear WideBody Kit price - ?
Corbeau GT Seats with Rail Kit price - ?
924 Turbo Engine price - ?
G31 Transmission (don't know if its LSD) price - ?
Fiberglass CGT hood and scoop price - ?
GT Headlights price - ?

All of the other bits and pieces make me think that selling it in pieces I would recoup my investment, and then some...wishful thinking.

So if fuchs go for $750-800, I don't think the seller is going to let it go so cheap, he does have the original doors, hatch, fenders, front/rear bumpers, and hood all in red.

Too bad the car got chopped I would have put it back together.

Last edited by fiily; 07-25-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:35 AM
NoBozos
6th Gear

Dr. Froaderick Fronkensteen: Love is the only thing that can save this poor creature, and I am going to convince him that he is loved even at the cost of my own life. No matter what you hear in there, no matter how cruelly I beg you, no matter how terribly I may scream, do not open this door or you will undo everything I have worked for. Do you understand? Do not open this door.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:37 AM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by NoBozos
Dr. Froaderick Fronkensteen: Love is the only thing that can save this poor creature, and I am going to convince him that he is loved even at the cost of my own life. No matter what you hear in there, no matter how cruelly I beg you, no matter how terribly I may scream, do not open this door or you will undo everything I have worked for. Do you understand? Do not open this door.
Putting on the ritz?

But seriously, I don't think this one is fixable, part then off to get crushed. That's it.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:46 AM
fasteddie313
Pro

Originally Posted by fiily
Something is only worth what another is willing to pay for it.

15" Fuchs - price - ?
Front Bumper price - ?
Rear Euro Bumper price - ?
Boxed Rockers price - ?
Front fenders price - ?
Rear WideBody Kit price - ?
Corbeau GT Seats with Rail Kit price - ?
924 Turbo Engine price - ?
G31 Transmission (don't know if its LSD) price - ?
Fiberglass CGT hood and scoop price - ?
Consult with ideola (who pm'd you), and 924board.org ...

I would think the bodykit would be an all or nothing sale for the most part, I think the fact that it is all fiberglass is a good sign actually, ask them, I don't dream of widebody so I don't know.. $800??

The engine may be better parted and pieces individually inspected rather than sold as a package of who knows. $100 turbo, $100 cam/buckets, $100 head, $100 valves, $100 pistons, $75 exhaust manifold, $100 930 WG, as a conservative guess for fast sale (I think easily more if you try), depending on condition of course..

The G31 is only really worth something for its LSD if it has one (i think) because they all need to be rebuilt (synchros), that may sell better removed to ship easily if it's there IDK, if it even has one but still likely. $300 easy, maybe $800, it's a 915 part iirc..

I just blew my turbo so my parts budget priority has changed a bit, I doubt the turbo on this car is just good to go and if its got to get rebuilt/balanced I may as well upgrade to a 951 turbo setup for the cost.

You do realize how much work it takes to part a car and the dreaded hassle of shipping everything right?
Old 07-25-2015, 12:55 AM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by fasteddie313
Consult with ideola (who pm'd you), and 924board.org ...

I would think the bodykit would be an all or nothing sale for the most part, I think the fact that it is all fiberglass is a good sign actually, ask them, I don't dream of widebody so I don't know.. $800??

The engine may be better parted and pieces individually inspected rather than sold as a package of who knows. $100 turbo, $100 cam/buckets, $100 head, $100 valves, $100 pistons, $75 exhaust manifold, $100 930 WG, as a conservative guess for fast sale (I think easily more if you try), depending on condition of course..

The G31 is only really worth something for its LSD if it has one (i think) because they all need to be rebuilt (synchros), that may sell better removed to ship easily if it's there IDK, if it even has one but still likely. $300 easy, maybe $800, it's a 915 part iirc..

I just blew my turbo so my parts budget priority has changed a bit, I doubt the turbo on this car is just good to go and if its got to get rebuilt/balanced I may as well upgrade to a 951 turbo setup for the cost.

You do realize how much work it takes to part a car and the dreaded hassle of shipping everything right?
Thanks Eddie. I'll post on the other forums too see what people's thoughts are. The body panels, wheels and interior will be pretty quick, 1 day and that will be out and ready to ship.

I have shipping down to an artform, labels, printer, bubblewarp, shrinkwrap, strapping, fedex, ups comm. accounts.

The part that concerns me is just like any other person who buys a parts car. How long is this hunk of metal going to take to get rid of, and storing the parts.

Quick Reply: 924 Carrrera Turbo Widebody