Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be for real? Wow is all I can say.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:58 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1

Originally Posted by Raceboy
I am not sure if you are dumb or playing dumb? Apparently not every woman on Earth is mechanically inclined, hence the weird terminology. By "master injector" she most likely means cold start valve which is not unusual to malfunction.

Regarding mocking 924, you do realize that you are no different than igorant 911 guys who see 944 and 968 as lowlifes? Gee, grow up. Odurandina is especially obnoxious with his diletant attitude because he FAILED getting Porsche engine to be fast and reliable and now promotes V8 usage everywhere. My 924 will eat your V8 alive lol, what a moron.

For the reference, I have 924's, 911, owned 944's and 928's unlike most of the bragging noobs who think they are center of the universe with their first Porsche, 944.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 466 Posts

I am not sure if you are dumb or playing dumb? Apparently not every woman on Earth is mechanically inclined, hence the weird terminology. By "master injector" she most likely means cold start valve which is not unusual to malfunction.

Regarding mocking 924, you do realize that you are no different than igorant 911 guys who see 944 and 968 as lowlifes? Gee, grow up. Odurandina is especially obnoxious with his diletant attitude because he FAILED getting Porsche engine to be fast and reliable and now promotes V8 usage everywhere. My 924 will eat your V8 alive lol, what a moron.

For the reference, I have 924's, 911, owned 944's and 928's unlike most of the bragging noobs who think they are center of the universe with their first Porsche, 944.
Originally Posted by morghen
+1
I realize that English might not be your first language, so I understand why you're confused. We are not mocking women owners or the 924. We're mocking what sounds like a suspicious deal and a suspicious owner.

On the 928 forum, we're talking about a Craigslist ad that has a GREAT bargain on a 928. The pictures in the ad are of a car currently owned by a member of the forum!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You talkin' to me? You think I'm mocking the 924? My first ride in a Porsche was in my aunt's 924 when I was in grade school.....about 30 years ago. Needless to say, I was hooked. You keep up the good work. Maybe someday you can afford the membership fee.

OK, back to the story. Tim just got a reply and called me with all the dirt. The woman imported the car from Paris France about 10 years ago and never got it registered. I told poor Timmy to jump on it. He, of course, thought I was talking about the woman.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Wait, is it actually in good shape?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:37 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
You talkin' to me?

Maybe someday you can afford the membership fee.
I was mostly referring to odurandina.

Good to hear that you allow me to stay here. Can I pass your approval to Duke and Olli Snellman also, they apparently also cannot afford the membership fee?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

I dont really have a problem with onduradina...but i'm wondering..dont you guys get tired of him clowning around like that?
I mean...fine..english is not my native language...but i have been using it almost every day for the last 21 years and dispite that i cant figure out whats good that he has to say in his posts.

Originally Posted by odurandina
1. trick or treat. a girl will never lie, kidnap and kill you for 3,900 dollahhs (unless of course she's a man from the Russian mafia).

2. I called and asked her if it is a TURBO.... and a girl with a thick Russian accent says, 'of course it's a turbo.'

3. and with this confident assurance, odurandina buys his first 924 to go REALLY FAST and beat on until dead.
Originally Posted by odurandina
turns out the car is actually a '79....

all rusted and full of rat droppings next to a dumpster in Crooklyn.

there will be no 924 to poop on.

(because it already been pooped on).
Old 11-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by morghen
I dont really have a problem with onduradina...but i'm wondering..dont you guys get tired of him clowning around like that?
Well, his profile pics are nice...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Well, his profile pics are nice...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Butters944
Wait, is it actually in good shape?
Not sure, but if you went through the hassle of importing it from France then never registered it....it could be a real time machine. ....or it could be rat infested and rusted through. Never know.

And guys I'll take Allen, OD as we call him in P&C, over much of what I see here. He post honestly, friendly, informatively, and makes John's head explode. What more could I as for? I've never thought anything he posted was a personal attack. At least we know he isnt a communist.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

And guys I'll take Allen, OD as we call him in P&C, over much of what I see here. He post honestly, friendly, informatively, and makes John's head explode. What more could I as for? I've never thought anything he posted was a personal attack. At least we know he isnt a communist.
Perhaps in technical forums (OT section excluded) a bit greater percentage of posts that actually have some technical content?

But of course you have difficulties assessing the content because a quick browse through your latest posts showed that the percentage of useful information (other than "nice colour", "love it", "google it" etc) did not exceed 2-3%.

And yet both of you have managed to post TENS of thousands of posts over few years of which most are useless. Diagnose would be the same as odurandina's: verbal diarrhea.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Perhaps in technical forums (OT section excluded) a bit greater percentage of posts that actually have some technical content?

But of course you have difficulties assessing the content because a quick browse through your latest posts showed that the percentage of useful information (other than "nice colour", "love it", "google it" etc) did not exceed 2-3%.

And yet both of you have managed to post TENS of thousands of posts over few years of which most are useless. Diagnose would be the same as odurandina's: verbal diarrhea.
Who cares? It's not like anything you've contributed in this thread is technical. If it annoys you that much, just don't browse here. Not trying to be an ****, but come on man...
Old 11-22-2013, 11:13 AM
kcoyle
Advanced

Maybe someday you can afford the membership fee.
I resemble that remark. Lets face facts, there is a reason I'm not on a Ferrari or even 911 forum.
That said, if it's been sitting for 10 years it's going to need a ton of money to get it going again. Some on this forum would possibly call it a candidate for a V8 swap.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:19 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

I've never thought anything he posted was a personal attack. At least we know he isnt a communist.
So as long as anybody points an attack at a group it becomes ok? Interesting..considering the background...

Whats that about the communists? "funny joke"?
For some reason my understanding of your reply is that you're somehow trying to be mildly offensive to me and Raceboy...If thats not the case, please explain why not...however i think you do, and as a reply i'll quote our forum coleague: I realize that history or geography is not your "native language" so I understand why you're confused trying to "stealthfully" call us communists..but you missed a bit.

Originally Posted by sausagehacker
Who cares? It's not like anything you've contributed in this thread is technical. If it annoys you that much, just don't browse here. Not trying to be an ****, but come on man...
Valid point in a way, but wouldnt that make evey guy who does this a bit of an ignorant?

To be at least a bit on-topic: if the car has been stored inside it might be a good find..if not...probably not worth looking at. Anyway if it sat for a long time...it will probably need more money in parts that its worth as a car at the moment.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Ok, let's back up a second. Allen ownes the brain trust on The Cold War, FEMA, JFK, and the like. My commie comment was about him, was it not?

I dont give a rats **** about the rest of you. Can we simply focus on the car or shall we keep comparing man parts?

The car is a collectible, nothing more. Its an oddity. Someone needs to add it to a collection, not put it on the street. The sad part is that i see more 924/944/928 at Pick-a-Part than on the street. If it wasn't for Lart, there would be no front engine water cooler Porsches from that era left on the street.

Now if we could just get some photos of the actual car.

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 11-22-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Could this be for real? Wow is all I can say.