Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attn: All 968 owners. Please read

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 01:24 PM
Rudy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Attn: All 968 owners. Please read

Okay 968 owners. I have always thought the back end of our cars needed something else. I called a friend that owns a vinyl sign company today and had them make a PORSCHE decal to fit INSIDE the PORSCHE label on the back of the car. It will look like the early (before 1986) 928 PORSCHE rear end. From the rear of my car nobody knows what the hell it is. Not even people in Porsches know what a 968 is. So my solution was to make a Silver decal that says PORSCHE in the Porsche font and install it in the back of my car. He told me that the first one would be hard to make (expensive) but once the mold (rubbing) is done, then they would be reasonable to buy.
So my friend has completed it today and he installed it on the back of my 968 and it looks AWSOME!!!! He also installed the “968” emblem in SILVER. Yes, is said silver, which I ordered from England. My car is midnight blue metallic and the whole set up looks great. I did take digital pics and they will be ready tomorrow.
I have called Porsche and I was told that the 928 “PORSCHE” decal sells for about $40. So my friend says that he will sell them to 968 owners for $30 plus shipping. I told him that I would handle the purchase and shipping. Any color is available. So whomever wants one please email me off the list at rudyrodriguez@wycokck.org. I figure shipping at $1. As always, this is a first class decal. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!
Finally, the 968 will be noticed!
Rudy
Kansas city
968 and 944S
On the seventh day, God created high-end audio, Porsche automobiles, and fine Swiss wristwatches…and it was good.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:39 PM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully, you've given consideration to teh fact that Porsche is _very_ protective of their trademark??? Note that brand-labelled merchandise (shirts, floormats, etc) is very pricey... and that _very_ few websites use the name "Porsche" in their name anymore. "Excellence" used to be "Porsche", etc....

Jim, back to "work".....
Old 06-13-2001, 03:41 PM
Rudy
6th Gear

Angry

God man, cool out. Whos side are you on anyways?? If it's for "personal use" who gives a S%$t. I don't. It's not like this decal is going in to FULL production and thousands are being made...sold at shows, concerts, gathering, internet and auto parts stores. So far one has been made and that's it. If others sale then it still for personal use. One person, one car. Trust me, I'm not making any money. I just thought a decal would be fun. You must be an attorney or a politician. Geesh!
Rudy
Kansas City
968 and 944S
Rennlist member
PCA member
Old 06-13-2001, 04:51 PM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, X-fricking-'scure me! I just thought you might appreciate the warning. Obviously, your fuse is just a tad on the short side, so I'll just shut up. Best of luck in your enterprise.

Jim, ...sheesh...
Old 06-16-2001, 01:18 AM
Bob S. 1984 Silver
Pro

Porsche is over protective of their name. Can we spell paranoid? That attitude doomed Texas Instruments in the personal computer business..Who even remembers the TI 44A anymore? They guarded their proprietary licensing so much that no one could develop software for it. IBM came along and said "What the hell, the more the merrier!!" And so it was, with hundreds of shops spewing out code for all kinds of things: word processing, spreadsheets, you name it.The rest is history and the PC and all its clones were born. Hell, I made a PORSCHE insert for my old 924 years ago that fit between the tail lights, moving the license plate to the bumper. Is Porsche gonna come after me for that indescretion? Then they better come after me for the solid bronze front plate I have that says "PORSCHE 944" on it.

I can understand their desire to protect their good name (as well as their bottom line) but sometimes they take it entirely too far. The next thing will be the requirement to obtain written permission (in two languages) to use the "P" word in normal conversation, with provision that it (a) be spelled correctly and (b) pronounced with the proper inflection. For the latter, the company will, for $1,200, supply a training tape and textbook which will be used for study purposes after which a comprehensive exam monitored by the local Sylvan Learning Center will be required. After that, the individual will be issued the license, renewable every two years for a nominal fee.

Just having fun at Dr Ferry's expense!!

Cheers!!

Bob S.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:32 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Red face

I think that everyone needs to chill out on the "I'll call my lawyer and sue you" bull****. I am so tired of it.

As long as you are not making money off of it, you probably could make millons of the damn things, sell them off, and perhaps win in court if you got sued. I don't think that copywright infringement would apply here because you did not benefit from it. (for the excption of the 1 sticker on your car, and you can do that since you own the Porsche name on YOUR vehicle.)

I would like to see the pics. Sounds like a neet addition to the rear of the 968.
Old 06-16-2001, 07:59 PM
Clark Hamerly
5th Gear

Rudy,
I am flying to KC tomorrow and will be there until Wednesday. I have a black 95 Coupe the idea of the decal interests me.
If you Email your tele # I will call you when in KC. Could you have a silver done by Wednesday?
My Email 924DP@sgi.net
Happy Motoring from The Burgh,
Clark Hamerly
Old 06-18-2001, 11:26 AM
Rudy
6th Gear

Talking

Clark,
Call me at 913-788-0007 and leave number. I 'll return it.

Quick Reply: Attn: All 968 owners. Please read