Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What interior do you guys prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 PM
82-T/A
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What interior do you guys prefer?

Hey guys... I sold my Porsche 944 a few years ago, an 84 that I dumped a ton of money into (mostly restored it, all new interior, bodywork, paint, replaced everything in the engine bay but the motor itself, etc).

http://www.pontiacperformance.net/car84Porsche944.html

I'm kind of interested in looking again, but I've got some ideas of what I plan to do. I think I'd like to get one that's Guards Red this time. I can't decide whether or not I want to get an 83-85, or an 85+ model. I know the difference in engine enhancements, but I'm kind of interested to hear from you guys who've owned either, which interior you prefer. I did a lot of work on my 84 and really liked that interior, but don't have a lot of time in the newer interior. For driving experience / personal preference... which interiors do you guys prefer?

I'm probably going to buy one with a blown motor (there's a few on eBay). I'm going to put a Renegade LS1 kit in it, but otherwise keep the car looking totally stock.

I kept it stock on my 84, but buying mechanical parts was excessively expensive, and I want to have fun with it. Besides, most of those cars with blown motors are probably going to get junked, so in affect, I'm saving one.

EDIT: I saved my ultra-rare Middle-East spec bumper that I found in the junkyard several years ago. For those who don't know what it is... it's basically a US spec bumper (made of aluminum), but has the light arrangement of the EuroSpec model... (fogs, and turn signals, and mini bumper-pads). Bolts right in place of the normal US spec bumper.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Todd
Old 07-28-2013, 01:42 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, if you are considering doing an LS swap, first of all RUN AWAY FROM RENEGADE! go to www.texasperformanceconcepts.com instead and buy your stuff from them...Eric has made sure that his tolerances are actually correct, so you won't have the possibility of blowing up a torque tube or welding the tip of your torque tube to the pilot bearing if the bolt holes are out of center on the bellhousing adapter and don't center the torque tube properly.

Second. If you want to do a V8 swap, buy a turbo, which means you'll be stuck with the late interior whether you like it or not, and you won't be able to use your bumper. The reasons you'll want a turbo are: You won't have to buy another transmission when you do the swap. You won't have to upgrade to bigger brakes when you do the swap. You will already have stiffer suspension than an N/A, which means you won't squat AS bad with a v8 when accelerating, which means you won't blow up as many CV axles and R&P's.

If you're set on buying an N/A, and doing the V8 swap, expect to be doing a lot of power-support work in other areas to catch up with the motor once its in.

Cheers!
Ethan
Old 07-28-2013, 02:00 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

all good points.

will be very exciting to see your completed car and another 944 saved.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Ethan gave you a lot of good points.

Strictly talking interior, I like the late interior if you are looking for a good gt or street car. I love the early interior in no nonsence weekend warriors or track cars.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

What about an 87 924S? I have one for sale here that needs some work under the hood anyway: https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...-pictures.html

plus it already has the euro bumpers!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

The 924s would need a little more work to throw a v8 in, but that would be a great example to start with.

Oh, and I want a picture of this bumper if possible. Dibs if it goes for sale (given the width is close to a 924, I think it is...)
Old 07-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Parawhore
Rennlist Member

Strictly speaking interior, I love my early interior. But I like the old school styling a lot more.

The late interior reminds me a lot of the second gen 300ZX, even if the 944 came first.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

As for interior, simple question...

Classic or modern, which look and feel do you prefer? I love my raw classic early interior though I really have no experience with late style ones.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

85.5 for the effective AC
Old 07-29-2013, 01:38 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
85.5 for the effective AC
That's one of the reasons I made the statement above

Quick Reply: What interior do you guys prefer?