Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blocked on FB by aftermarket fan manufacturer for asking questions..

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Blocked on FB by aftermarket fan manufacturer for asking questions..

As the LONG title states I was blocked after asking 2 questions on their page.
Only reason I asked is because they had a post with 944 being a vehicle they support
HTML Code:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151126841895699&set=a.10150287300885699.359095.247542270698&type=1&relevant_count=1
My question was along the lines of is it plug and play and has it been proven to work on these cars because from a simple search there is lots of skepticism from what i have seen about after market fans.

I was actually looking to purchase.... but i went back to the page to see if i got any response and my comments on the 944 and 928s post were deleted. Can no longer post. Not one to make waves online but http://www.v12s.com/ makes me wonder about them if this is the response I get for asking about the product. Does anyone else have any dealing with them? Still not sure why I was blocked....

Please share your thoughts. as well as where to start looking first to get my 83 N/A's fans back online after I finish the brakes.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

Get it on!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:22 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at their warranty page. If you have doubts just move on.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Default Damn..

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Take a look at their warranty page. If you have doubts just move on.
Guess that speaks volumes. glad you mentioned it as i had thought nothing of it.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaOmegaPower
Please share your thoughts. as well as where to start looking first to get my 83 N/A's fans back online after I finish the brakes.
Pick up a set of late or turbo 6-blade fans and put them into your early shroud. I can explain in more detail if you wish. It's what I did, and gives you better cooling with the 6 blades.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Pick up a set of late or turbo 6-blade fans and put them into your early shroud. I can explain in more detail if you wish. It's what I did, and gives you better cooling with the 6 blades.
How much difference have you noticed?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Not sure I've noticed a difference because my car always has kept nice and cool, but everybody says they're better haha. I'm just saying, you can get a fan from any 944 to replace yours.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Nashio
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually bought a set of v12 fans about 2 months ago. They bolted right in but as for wiring. I had to cut the stock wiring and wire the fans in. Nothing hard to do, first time I accidentally had it backwards and the fans were in reverse. I installed these on a 85 944 with stock 3 blade fans. I will say when I turn on my fans (ac switch, I do not have ac but left the switch all wiring up so fans can turn on) or when temp gets hot enough for the fans to turn on.

1 I can't hear them they are really quiet compared to the stock 3 blade fan.
2 they cool the car down a lot faster.
3 I do not feel a pull on the alternator from the current.
4. they cleared up some space in the engine compartment
5. they are like half the weight.

only down side was it took about 2 weeks for them to make the fans and get them shipped to me. But the quality looks great.

If you have anymore questions I would be happy to answer. Although it is kind of sad that they would block you for asking questions
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the reason they went three to six blade fans was the six blades are quieter....
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Forgot to mention that..
Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Originally Posted by Nashio
I actually bought a set of v12 fans about 2 months ago. They bolted right in but as for wiring. I had to cut the stock wiring and wire the fans in. Nothing hard to do, first time I accidentally had it backwards and the fans were in reverse. I installed these on a 85 944 with stock 3 blade fans. I will say when I turn on my fans (ac switch, I do not have ac but left the switch all wiring up so fans can turn on) or when temp gets hot enough for the fans to turn on.

1 I can't hear them they are really quiet compared to the stock 3 blade fan.
2 they cool the car down a lot faster.
3 I do not feel a pull on the alternator from the current.
4. they cleared up some space in the engine compartment
5. they are like half the weight.

only down side was it took about 2 weeks for them to make the fans and get them shipped to me. But the quality looks great.

If you have anymore questions I would be happy to answer. Although it is kind of sad that they would block you for asking questions
Hell what you just said was all I was wanting to know from them lol. No extra pull on the alternator is very good news. I actually like hearing the fans....mental security?

WOULD very much like some space cleared up to work on a few other things but after messing with the turbo the N/A feel like I could dive into the engine compartment -_-

HOW much faster do they cool would you say(I know it a subjective question :/).
Did you have any fan issues before you got them or just wanted something new?

Any more details on the wiring? You need to have them mail you checks. This is the most info I have gotten . Have wondered about their fans for almost a year and I saw no one on any forum I saw was to thrilled about anything other than stock. Seems some aftermarket pieces are trusted and others are not.

I will say their warranty leave MUCH to be desired. Can you post any pictures?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Nashio
Instructor

Compared to the original fans they cool much faster. You can still hear the fans at idle, with the stereo off and the windows down but just faintly haha.

I was a little confused with the mailing of checks part? I paid for mine through paypal.

Also I wanted something new, shortly after upgrading my fans I changed my water pump over for an electric one. I will also get some pictures up later today after work if I remember. I will also double check how I did the wiring before I post how I did it. I would hate to give wrong info right off the back.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nashio
Compared to the original fans they cool much faster. You can still hear the fans at idle, with the stereo off and the windows down but just faintly haha.

I was a little confused with the mailing of checks part? I paid for mine through paypal.

Also I wanted something new, shortly after upgrading my fans I changed my water pump over for an electric one. I will also get some pictures up later today after work if I remember. I will also double check how I did the wiring before I post how I did it. I would hate to give wrong info right off the back.
Would like to see this mod. The water pump set up on these cars makes me nervous, and need to change mine out sooner rather than later.

michael
Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Nashio
Instructor

The first Pic is a top view. Not sure if you can really see the space saved :/
Second pic is me sticking my phone down under the distributor. The rest of the pics are from under the car. For Wiring the fans came with a blue + and Black - for both fans. On one I hooked the Red wire with black stripe to the blue, while connected the other 2 wires to the black. The other fan I hooked the green wire with a yellow stripe to the blue and the other to the black. The other wires you will figure out what color they are when you have to cut them off the original plugs. The fans came with a quick disconnect so if in the future I have to remove them I do not have to undo my wiring.

(Off topic) As for the electric water pump upgrade I did a write up on here if you would like to read it. I did the write up about a month and a half after I did the install. I wanted to make sure I got it all up and running perfectly so I could answer questions
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...ater-pump.html

Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

V12 fans needs to send you some money. That looks good. good room and space. Look like it fits nice. Now I just wonder how long they last...

Last edited by AlphaOmegaPower; 09-18-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: messed up quote

Quick Reply: Blocked on FB by aftermarket fan manufacturer for asking questions..