Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor mats. Let's see em'

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
River
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor mats. Let's see em'

Trying to decide on a color scheme.

Would be awesome if a bunch of you guys would post pics of your interior, por favor!

Trying to decide on what looks best since oem is getting redonkey to find (grey/silver color)

Plus, she's my daily. So what has held up for you guys?

(p.s. prolly going through Llyod's since I get that nice pca discount)
Old 02-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Fintro11
Pro

I will have pictures for you on monday, I got a set from lloyds black with silver porsche script
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I got OEM mats which weren't cheap but worth the money IMO for fit and quality. Look like they will last for years. They came with clips that fit to seat mounts to stop them slipping around too. Might be worth seeing if your colour is still available(mine had to come from germany)
peace
Cyberpunky
Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
River
Racer

fintro, is yours a celebration too? (88, zermatt)

That would be much appreciated, since...well, all night long I was thinking of black with silver block! LOL! Double appreciated if your interior is the silver/gray like I have as well. Then I'll really know what to expect!

I'd love to have the oem, but in the amount of how fast it gets dirty on the sides, I can't imagine the WHOLE floormat! I kinda regret not getting the seat covers in black, but the charcoal is much cooler in the summer. (if you can imagine that)

and punky, I feel ya on "coming from Germany". A few parts had to come from germany for my girl, lol! Like; the most expensive paper clip I've ever bought, lol! (the automatic shifter spring)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:52 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

I re-carpeted my car with generic automotive pile. The mats I made from leftover material. Don't have the fancy vinyl edging but they look fine and get the job done.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Fintro11
Pro

Originally Posted by River

That would be much appreciated, since...well, all night long I was thinking of black with silver block! LOL! Double appreciated if your interior is the silver/gray like I have as well. Then I'll really know what to expect!

I'd love to have the oem, but in the amount of how fast it gets dirty on the sides, I can't imagine the WHOLE floormat! I kinda regret not getting the seat covers in black, but the charcoal is much cooler in the summer. (if you can imagine that)

and punky, I feel ya on "coming from Germany". A few parts had to come from germany for my girl, lol! Like; the most expensive paper clip I've ever bought, lol! (the automatic shifter spring)
Nah my car is slate grey, It had a tan interior I have slowly swapped it into a tan / black interior its funny how close slate grey and zermatt is
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Fintro11
Pro

Originally Posted by River

is that shifter spring the one that hooks it up to the contact for displaying what gear you are in? haha I just had to order that two >.<
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
River
Racer

YES! LOL!

It was like $7 at the dealership. Straight outta Germany...lol! When I picked it up I was all, wow...most expensive paper clip ever. Then it took me a bit to figure out how the hell they installed it.

Funny now, it worked perfect for like three days, now it's touchy. Really makes the ocd go into overdrive, lol!

Still, nice knowing I fixed it.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Fintro11
Pro

haha, I would have to look at my bill again I forget how much they charged me for it.
I just got the mats tonight, I will take pictures of them installed tomorrow after work but here is a preview.

Last edited by Fintro11; 02-19-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Picture did not work
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 AM
River
Racer

wow, the script looks white.

How thick is it? I know that Llyod's has like three types for sale, but the PCA link only has it for the one that I can tell.

are ya gunna scotch guard em'? LOL!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Fintro11
Pro

I think i ordered white I don't remember. I ordered it off ebay. They would not ship to canada, so I had it shipped to my friends shop :P It was been while since i actually ordered them :P It is about 1 cm thick

haha I am just throwing them in there :P
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 AM
River
Racer

LOL!

Clearly I'm way more excited about this than you are, lol! Then again, I did pull the grey mat out my other car to have two mats, lol!

I regret not buying $10 mats (they had the black with red script). So, I didn't buy them. Should've. Would be perfect for "who gives a crap winter/bad weather" mats.

darn it.

Still kicking myself for that one. Well, that and the $150 perfect Celebration seats. Darn darn!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Fintro11
Pro

haha just a little bit I just barely get away with my no smoking in the car rule I don't think any girl will be impressed with no shoes in the car :P
Here are some installed pictures
Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Fintro11
Pro

I checked and on the box they got a sticker with the specs, Black floor mat, Porsche logo, silver thread :P
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 PM
River
Racer

sweet.

and yeah, no smoking in the car! I don't even like eating or drinking. I let it slide ONE time, bam french fry grease. Never more, LOL!

I did have one female friend that was nice (and had class) enough to ask, "Want me to take my shoes off?" Heels really aren't that bad.

I still tell people, "Open door, SIT first, click feet together three times, slide in, gently...GENTLY close door".

It's a Porsche, not a monster truck needing a slammed door!

Quick Reply: Floor mats. Let's see em'