Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Cable Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I'm a but irritated now. I took 30min trying to reply to everyone before sending PM's, etc to explain. Also wanted to shout out to those I've known for so long who've been so complimentary. Thanks to all of you. I'm short of time now & tried to PM everyone, so will make this shorter & hop emy other reply doesn't magically show up too.

My mom went into hospital on the 3rd. She's much better now but it took most of 2wks of a lot of my time & while I ordered a new Dell sev days before the 14th, I found out the other day it wasn't going to ship until MARCH 4TH! Canceled. Lenovo on the way- be here Tuesday. I'll be much more caught up by Wednesday. Already working on sev kits. Have most of 3 done & parts of 4 more. Worried about running out of some parts, so tomor & Tues I plan to finish up everything I have... In the meantime:

The group buy is off. B/c of my delay & due to the spirit of the thread & patience of the Rennlisters, instead of $300, I'm just going to go to $275 for everyone in this thread &/or who asks through Rennlist before end of March. IF you do not want a complete kit, I will STILL honor discount & deduct something for whatever cable tyou want ommittted. I've sent PMS to everyone I think. IF I missed ANYONE, PLEASE PM me.

YES, Reno- for someone who doesn't completely rely on computers, I'[ve had my share of probs & then some. I missed the part about you helping out w/one. If I knew you had a hook-up I'd have called. But the Lenovo I got looks to be pretty promosing & is Windows 7 which I already know- was sort of afraid of 8.

Thanks for all of the kind words & patience, etc. I'll be ready w/a few kits in next few days. IF I missed anyone w/PM, let me know.

Again, $275 is discount price & that is a grand total that includes S&H to cont Us. outside US is $265 + actual S&H. I use USPS flat rate priority & usually take Paypal or money orders from normal places. I can work other arrangements if someone needs though.

thanks again,
Robby
Old 03-01-2014, 12:20 AM
slowcorrado
Intermediate

Hey Robby,

I've been sending you regular emails asking about the grounding half of the kit we spoke about on the phone. Now that I actually check the thread I understand why you're busy! Family matters always come before cables, Porsches and just about anything else. :-)

Register me as wanting a grounding kit with supplemental ground if my earlier request got lost. Just PM or email with whatever you need from me.

Good choice sticking with Win7 as well. I'm an IT consultant and Win8 scares me.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:01 AM
Madridcab
Instructor

Hello, have been thinking about updating cabling on my 968 cabrio, not sure I could find conclusion on whether these will work on a 968? Also, have you ever shipped to Spain / Europe, any idea on shipping cost?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:40 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madridcab
Hello, have been thinking about updating cabling on my 968 cabrio, not sure I could find conclusion on whether these will work on a 968? Also, have you ever shipped to Spain / Europe, any idea on shipping cost?
Can't speak to his shipping international or to ROW fitment but Robby does make kits for the US spec 968
Old 03-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok- I love posting things & having them not show... Sorry for delay. Almost there- haven't disappeared. YET...

Slowcorrado- Thanks. I appreciate that. I can't tell you what all's happened the last 6wks... But I can do that fast. Grounds are easy- I have supplementals ready & can do the rest by this weekend. And I don't even want to talk about the comp thing, LOL. For all the trouble I've now had, I could've had a MAC & learned how to use it...

Madridcab- yes, they work on 968s. Some 968 cables are longer than 944s. Is your battery on the right side? I've shipped to a lot of countries- it looks like it's gone up, unfortunately. USPS flat rate to Madrid is $60 :-( I thought it'd be ~$40. You don't even want to know what UPS shows...!!

Thanks Mark...

About to wrap some of these up... Stay tuned.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:45 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Put me down for a set w/o the supp positive. Thanks

Originally Posted by Robby
Ok- I love posting things & having them not show... Sorry for delay. Almost there- haven't disappeared. YET...

Slowcorrado- Thanks. I appreciate that. I can't tell you what all's happened the last 6wks... But I can do that fast. Grounds are easy- I have supplementals ready & can do the rest by this weekend. And I don't even want to talk about the comp thing, LOL. For all the trouble I've now had, I could've had a MAC & learned how to use it...

Madridcab- yes, they work on 968s. Some 968 cables are longer than 944s. Is your battery on the right side? I've shipped to a lot of countries- it looks like it's gone up, unfortunately. USPS flat rate to Madrid is $60 :-( I thought it'd be ~$40. You don't even want to know what UPS shows...!!

Thanks Mark...

About to wrap some of these up... Stay tuned.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The wire going from the alternator to the starter is quite a bit longer on the 968. This is to compensate for the deeper bell housing. 968 bell housing has a side window to allow clutch changes without the need to drop transmission or pulling back the torque tube.
If you need a spare to mock 968 cables, let me know.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Slow Corrado- got your [-] ready- PM in a min.

Got a cpl kits done- waiting on PM replies to either ship or move on to next in line.

Frank- you've shipped!

968 turbo S- thanks- I have several, but the 968 alternator to starter is shorter on the ones I have. total length ~52" vs ~57". I've found that there are dif lengths in all yrs for some reason or other. I have a lot of 951/94 kits. But, the 968 DEFINITELY has a much longer battery to starter cable- is this the one you're talking about? It's ~81" whereas I had people asking me to make 951 ones as sort as 60" or less. I usually go ~62 & stock has ranged (by my measurements) to be ~65" to 68" from memory. Having a lot of extra cable is no fun, but too short can be much worse... Let me know if this sounds right about the 968 from what you have though. I just had a few people do measurements for me & eventually got actual cables.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:03 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

PM sent.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:54 PM
slowcorrado
Intermediate

Received my ground kit today! Looks like great quality stuff. Will post back with installation tips and overall impressions once I get time to install them. (1st impression: WOW, military terminals are amazingly oversized!) :-)

Thanks Robby!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

slowcorrado- glad it's there. I've sent several of the first requesters so far. Waiting on 4awg cable to finish some more kits so close to having several more. Sending you a PM- you need instructions for the supp ground...

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:13 AM
ChrisRL
Advanced

PM sent - count me in for a set!

Last edited by ChrisRL; 04-02-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:00 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you post pictures of everything you're selling?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:08 PM
ZRDeuce
Intermediate

Originally Posted by veleno
Can you post pictures of everything you're selling?
Go back 1 page, see post #46.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 PM
porsche_968
Advanced

Hi Rob,
I'm also interested in the rear relocation kit for the 968. If I recall correctly, the right hand drive version has the battery in the left rear cubby? I want move it from the right front to left rear.

Anything you can do?
Thanks

Quick Reply: IceShark Cable Kits...