Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay : I wonder why it didn't sell ? Must Read I am still laughing as I type this

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Scott 951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebay : I wonder why it didn't sell ? Must Read I am still laughing as I type this

Link to actual Listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...item3a65fe9b41

Here is the actual description on ebay: "Last year this car was a wonderful driving machine that needed only a few minor upgrades and fixes. The car has no ignition and I was using a screw driver to start it. Also it needed a fog light, radio, shift **** and boot, the exhaust needed to be hung better, new plugs, hoses, and wires. I found a private mechanic who I met threw a friend. My intentions were to get the car a tune up and fix the few little things that were wrong with it. I really loved this car and was hoping to get it back to mint condition with all bells and whistles working. This car had a very nice metallic gray paint job in 2007 before I bought it. And really was almost a mint condition beautiful classic ride. I paid this mechanic up front to fix everything for me. He seemed like a very honest person who knew a lot about cars, especially the 944 turbo. Having a 944 turbo himself that he said he rebuilt the motor on I figured I had nothing to worry about. To make an extremely long very frustrating story short I found out the hard way that he was a extremely good liar. He never rebuilt the motor on his car instead had a local real mechanic do it. Come to find out he was a complete dumb *** who knew very little about cars and messes up everything he touches. This person I speak of is Max Kimlin son of the owner of Kimlin Propane in Gardiner New York. Bewear of this retard he is a very destructive person. After this car sat at his fathers shop for over a year while he made every excuse in the book he couldn’t work on it and had no time I decide to get to towed back to my house to keep it from being further destroyed by this inconsiderate stupid excuse for a human. The time it was in Maxs possession he took the motor apart and was to dumb to know how to put it back together. He also ripped the front bumper off from towing improperly which he thought was funny for some reason. He took the old hanger off the exhaust and put a rip in the seat. He also put dings in the hood from picking the hood up and dropping it on the prop to keep it open as well as put a dent in the back right fender. This car would be great for someone who knows how to put this car back together and give it a little tlc. I would love to bring this car to a real mechanic and have it put back together properly and tuned up but unfortunately I don’t have the money and must sell. All the parts are in the car and everything should be there to get this car running again. This car still has great potential and is a great deal for someone who knows how to put it back together again.. If there is any questions you can message me threw eBay of call (845)-667-4402. Thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Pochi.X
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Legendary, love the seller complete honesty, which is very rare nowaday especially among car dealers and private sellers.

Now that what I call epic thread, thanks Scott 951!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Justin S2
Instructor

Isn't Max Kimlin VoodooGTX here on Rennlist?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Enzo
Old 05-28-2011, 01:28 AM
fasterfaster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justin S2
Isn't Max Kimlin VoodooGTX here on Rennlist?
Indeed, it is.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:36 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fasterfaster
Indeed, it is.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:45 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all been hashed out here...

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...-problems.html
Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 PM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

i saw that thread..the guy selling the car was a bit harsh but i'm glad its over with. was a very entertaining description though.

Quick Reply: Ebay : I wonder why it didn't sell ? Must Read I am still laughing as I type this