Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to ROCS Auto, Inc

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Welcome to ROCS Auto, Inc

The shop I have used since I've owned P-cars (so almost 10 years) has just become a Rennlist Sponsor !

Since that's official now, I just want to say HELLO to a great shop !

Rich and Victor have been caring for my 944's for years and have been fantastic, honest and reliable.

They have made me very comfortable with tracking my 200,000 mile S2 and have never let me down !

I highly recommend them if you're in the NJ/NY Metro area !!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM
aben8057
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich and Victor welcome to Rennlist. Its great to have another P-shop in NJ...my mouth drools everytime I drive by your shop and see those deep dish Fuch's in the window.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

Hey Joe, Hey Alex!

Thank you for the warm welcome, after several years of lurking on here incognito and hearing a multitude of our customers yelling at us "you should be rennlist sponsors" we finally made the plunge and are happy to be supporting an awesome P-car community. We are currently waiting on our Sponsor banners to be done, can't wait! You know I was looking for the proper introduction thread and was unable to find one ?

Alex, I know the fuchs...its funny to see people stare at them as they drive by, true eye Candy... those are actually going on Rich Worst's 76 Carrera 3.0 in a couple of weeks! He's a Rennlist member as well and another long time R.O.C.S. family member like Joe.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to RL, and New Jersey too? That's awesome! It couldn't hurt if you also posted in the 944 turbo/s & 968 sections as well. Just a thought, to help you promote the company to the local metro crowd. Eventually I'll see you guys, as I know Essex County very well.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 PM
marksgtv
6th Gear

Welcome Rich and Vic... I'll have to swing by sometime and see your shop ; )
Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marksgtv
Welcome Rich and Vic... I'll have to swing by sometime and see your shop ; )
Yeah wink wink...Good one Mark! You know...come to think of it you're actually one of our oldest customers!

Last edited by ROCS Auto Inc; 03-04-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: double quoted
Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Welcome to RL, and New Jersey too? That's awesome! It couldn't hurt if you also posted in the 944 turbo/s & 968 sections as well. Just a thought, to help you promote the company to the local metro crowd. Eventually I'll see you guys, as I know Essex County very well.

Rob, thanks for the warm welcome, we hope to be of value to Rennlist.
Yes, you are right, I will post formal introductions in the other sections as well... We've actually been around since 1995 and have quite a few NNJR-PCA customers. We never really made a big splash but we've been working on Porsches soup to nuts since we were kids...second generation actually...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:24 AM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

ok so here goes our formal intro !

Dear fellow Rennlist members,

We have just become Rennlist sponsors and as such would like to introduce our company to those who may not already be familiar with us.

My name is Rich Goncalves and together with my business partner Vic Almeida have owned and operated R.O.C.S. Auto Inc. in Belleville, NJ since
1995. We are a bit unique in which we specialize and are known not only for our work on Porsches but also Bmw, Rolls-Royce & Bentley.

We grew up with these cars and are second generation Porsche wrenches, our family has a long established link to
motor sports dating as far back as the 1950's in Europe. Some of our customers have been with us for years and some have been with us right from the beginning
and remain loyal to us as we do to them.

We are a full service shop and parts house encompassing mechanical, electrical, performance and upholstery from 356 to current models. In addition we also supply parts and are official dealers for BBS, Brembo, Remus, Corbeau and more.

Some of you may recognize us as the guys who built Mark Morrissey's R-Gruppe car pictured in last year's
early911registry calendar and pictured in a few articles in "esses" magazine. We in fact maintain quite a few cars for PCA members and NNJR is familiar with our
DE tech inspections.

Thank you for taking the time to read our intro. We hope to be of service and of value to the Rennlist community.

Richard Goncalves & Vic Almeida,

R.O.C.S. Auto Inc.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bump....

Oh and Rich and Vic are holding back some info...

Vic has a really nice 1991 944S2 that he's been driving for years and Rich has a really nice 951 track car with a turbo the size of a school bus !
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by J Berk
Bump....

Oh and Rich and Vic are holding back some info...

Vic has a really nice 1991 944S2 that he's been driving for years and Rich has a really nice 951 track car with a turbo the size of a school bus !
Hi Joe. ok , ok, We took Vic's S2 all apart and had it repainted over the winter in the original alpine white, looks awesome, we're putting the trim back on etc etc as time allows. I sadly sold my 951 right around New Years but have since picked up a 80 Euro 911sc project which I will be redoing sometime this year so all isn't lost, there is no way I can be without a P-Car, the withdrawal would be terminal I think !
Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is the Euro the one I saw in the shop? Black one with whale tail ?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by J Berk
Is the Euro the one I saw in the shop? Black one with whale tail ?
No, it's a white one, there were two black euros here the last time you came in. You're thinking of one with the ruf yellowbird bumper we rebuilt the engine on. The other black one (also with tea tray tail) we're almost done with, just wraping up the engine as well and shaving the roof gutters! I'll post pics once done. Mine is white with a carrera whale tail and a black interior not quite yet worthy of pics.

Quick Reply: Welcome to ROCS Auto, Inc