Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huntley Supercharger Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 06:32 PM
jp944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Huntley Supercharger Owners

Do any Huntley SC owners out there have pics of their install / engine compartment / plumbing? Failing that, anybody have an install manual? I bought a used kit without the manual included, and Huntley won't sell me just the manual.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2003, 07:30 PM
osu944
Instructor

that sucks man....

let's see...i've got workshop manuals, haynes repair manual, owner's manual, but no supercharger install manual. sorry bro
Old 05-12-2003, 07:39 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
You would think Huntley would help. Afterall, it's there kitand at some point you may need to buy more than just a manual to maintain the SC. Why treat a future customer like that, and why support your products so poorly....
Old 05-12-2003, 08:04 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
streckfu's951 - You have great points! That is pretty poor business practices for somthing that cost's next to nothing to send. I would imagine they have the manual in digital format. Then it costs nothing to send! Maybe Derek is watching and will step up and help you out...
Old 05-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by SANDOVAL:
<strong>streckfu's951 - You have great points! That is pretty poor business practices for somthing that cost's next to nothing to send. I would imagine they have the manual in digital format. Then it costs nothing to send! Maybe Derek is watching and will step up and help you out...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">$$$ isn't even the issue, he said they wouldn't SELL him the manual, as in he would pay for it.

My guess is they don't want people to find out they can do it for a lot less by just buying the manual from them & sourcing the parts themselves.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Turby
Banned

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jp944:
<strong> I bought a used kit without the manual included, and Huntley won't sell me just the manual.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">They did that to me with a MAF.......what a$$holes.......
Old 05-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Stephen
Instructor

Hey Derek, why don't you step up and help the guy out? I can't help but recall how quick you are to promote your products otherwise, so why not now ?
Good time to earn some points.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jp944:
<strong>Do any Huntley SC owners out there have pics of their install / engine compartment / plumbing? Failing that, anybody have an install manual? I bought a used kit without the manual included, and Huntley won't sell me just the manual.

Thanks!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You've got to be kidding. Boy, that's some customer service there. I've tried to stay pretty neutral in all these stupid vendor wars and complaints about various vendors, but this is outrageous. And stupid too.

I hope Derek reads this and sees it in a different light once he sees it in print. Dumb. I would think he would want to lend much support to anyone installing one of his products. I would. I'm a vendor in another automotive arena and I'd never consider not supporting someone using my products. Hell, even from a practical standpoint, why would he want someone to do a less than stellar install of one of his products. That's a sure-fire way to have people look poorly upon your products. Dumb.

Derek, step up and do the right thing here.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Geo
Race Director

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Stephen:
<strong>Hey Derek, why don't you step up and help the guy out? I can't help but recall how quick you are to promote your products otherwise, so why not now ?
Good time to earn some points.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Damned straight. This is the time to show us what you are really made of.

I realize there may be more to this story, but from where I sit (and again, also as a vendor) there is a problem that can be resolved. Leon Bean (of LL Bean) supposedly once said "No one ever won an argument with a customer." I couldn't agree more.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:44 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Scootin159:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by SANDOVAL:
<strong></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">My guess is they don't want people to find out they can do it for a lot less by just buying the manual from them & sourcing the parts themselves.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Unfortunatly, that can't be an argument because he, apparently, gives them with new purchases so the info is out there already.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:14 AM
jp944
Pro

Just a clarification, I didn't tell Derek that I was buying a secondhand system. I called before I purchased the system, knowing that it had no manual. I figured that the 'hey, I bought your stuff used and want the book' would probably result in a 'you shouldn't buy used stuff' response.

He's gotta eat too, and I totally respect his right to earn some cash. No sob story, I just asked if I could purchase the manual to find out how to install and what was involved. His response was no, and that's his right, too. I figured there were lots of people on the list who would be happy to help out, and might consider selling their manual.

If it were available, I'm sure lots of people would buy the manual to reverse engineer a kit and cost him a bundle. On a related note, the guys at Anderson Motorworks have been super great helping me out with getting the right parts, tuning, and have provided same day shipping on everything I've ordered. I'll have an atta-boy post for them real soon when the stuff is installed.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-13-2003, 01:16 AM
jp944
Pro

Turby,

I have the MAF manual if you still need it.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:58 PM
jp944
Pro

bump
Old 05-13-2003, 02:15 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Can I get a copy of the MAF manual?
If you could e-mail it to me that would be great.
Thanks in advance,
dfracolli@northernfcu.net
Old 05-13-2003, 02:15 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Scootin159:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by SANDOVAL:
<strong>streckfu's951 - You have great points! That is pretty poor business practices for somthing that cost's next to nothing to send. I would imagine they have the manual in digital format. Then it costs nothing to send! Maybe Derek is watching and will step up and help you out...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">$$$ isn't even the issue, he said they wouldn't SELL him the manual, as in he would pay for it.

My guess is they don't want people to find out they can do it for a lot less by just buying the manual from them & sourcing the parts themselves.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I think it would be that easy to replicate the kit from the Manual so I do not think this is the issue... I am sure one of the guys that have the kit installed will help you out. Do a search for HUntley Supercharger and you can find members that have the kit installed and send them a PM.

Quick Reply: Huntley Supercharger Owners