Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 944t

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 944t

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to be selling my car. I thought I'd bop over here and drum up some interest. Here is the link to the for sale thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...t-goodies.html
Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Tayloray
Instructor

How much are you selling it for? (i can't view the add)
Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Well, I'd hate for anybody to miss out on the excitement, so here is the entire add courtesy of cut & paste:

Up for sale is my 1987 Porsche 944 turbo. The car has 152.4k miles on it. I’m asking $8600.
The car has had almost all of the common 944 problems sorted in the last year or so. In that time it has received a new 87 turbo motor and a fresh k27/8 turbo, both of which where installed about 6k miles ago.
The car is in Norfolk VA. If I still have the car at the end of the month, I will be driving it to Dallas TX.
I’m sure to forget something, so feel free to ask questions.
Anyways,

The Good:

-Sunroof free! – rare, plus you get more headroom (and fewer leaks, and fewer lbs)
-Heated drivers seat

-Motor from 87 Turbo. This motor had been freshened up by the previous owner just before he totaled his car. Unfortunately, I don’t have any of the documentation for the work done on the motor, so I can only say that it runs well.
-New timing and balance shaft belts.
-New oil cooler housing seals
-new intake manifold gaskets
-new vacuum lines
-new coolant hoses, thermostat, coolant temp sender
-new oil cooler lines
-new fuel lines
-fuel filter

-K27/8 turbo with v-band connection, this is a fresh rebuild complete with a new rotating assembly. The turbo does lose a little oil past the seals (which kind of annoys me considering the cost of the rebuild), but it's perfect otherwise.

-951 MAX multi-board tuned for the k27, has settings for: base, +5% fuel, +10% fuel, valet, and no-start.
-new battery
-New DME relay
-Euro style Hella headlamp conversion with 4500k H4 HIDs (this setup is a magnificent improvement over the stock driving-by-candlelight arrangement, and the euro lenses due a pretty good job of keeping glare in check)
-VDO E.G.T gauge
-VDO boost gauge
-new driver gear for odometer
-Sony head unit, Boston acoustics components in the doors, alpine 6x9’s in the back

- full 3” exhaust, Borla muffler, magnaflow high-flow cat, v-band connection at both ends of downpipe
-Lindsey racing dual port wastegate, with screamer pipe
-manual boost controller, set for 15psi
-3 bar FPR

-six puck clutch (This came with the motor, I was told it's a KEP but I can't say for sure since I don't have the receipts.)

- Stainless steel brake lines, lots of brake pad left.
-New Ball joints. (These are the more expensive rennbay ones with the aluminum bronze bushings)

-17” Fikse FM-10’s. 235’s in the front, 255’s in the back
-Front tires have 70% of the tread left; rears are almost brand new, so roughly 90% left

-Most of the door seals, window seals, and the hatch seal are all fairly new.
-The shifter to shift rod interface now has a bronze bushing to remove slop.

The Bad:
-Cruise control doesn’t work. I’ve never used it in any of my cars that had it, so I’ve not bothered to figure out why. However, it’s all still there if somebody else cares to fix it.
-The key release for the hatch doesn’t work. The release inside the cabin does work.

The Ugly:
-The paint falls halfway between the good and bad categories. It was painted about four years ago; the paint is presentable, but it isn’t concourse by a good stretch. There is a dent in the rear driver’s side quarter panel, and a pretty ugly spot in the front right corner on the bumper. -The rock guards are pretty bad.
-The seats and the dash each have a few cracks in them

The Misc:
-Manual steering with de-powered rack. Included is a good power rack, and everything needed to convert back to power steering, should the new owner decide to do so.

Last edited by Chubbs; 07-10-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:03 PM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

i love those wheels..glws
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Chubbs
Advanced

I updated the for sale add with a couple of new things. The important things are:
-I posted a couple of videos in the link.
-The car that the motor came out of is actually an 87 turbo. I was mistaken, the motor is a regular turbo motor, not a turbo S. (I have the serial number of the motor to verify this) Having said that, the chip and turbo are different, so the only distinction is the different exhaust valves.
-The leak at the A.O.S. has worsened. I'm making fixing this my new priority, as it's gone from a mild iritation to a legitement problem.

The car is currently with me in Winchester Va, so if anyone from central or northern VA/ MD wanted to look at it, this weekend would be a good time.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Pictures/ Video: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/chubbsdub/car/
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
kombatrok
Pro

I'm in Portsmouth va, I would like to come look at it if you will be back in norfolk soon. I'd love a turbo if I could come up with the money.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

I will be back in Norfolk on monday. I would be happy to show you the car anytime monday to fri.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:32 PM
kombatrok
Pro

Sounds good I don't know my schedule for the week yet, but I will let you know.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Originally Posted by kombatrok
Sounds good I don't know my schedule for the week yet, but I will let you know.
Alrighty.

I have fixed the leak at the A.O.S.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

I figured I'd bump this up. The car is still for sale, and is currently in Dallas Tx. I've recently installed new motor mounts, tinted rear quarter windows, and recharged the A/C.
I managed to get ahold of the guy that built the motor that is in the car now. According to him, the motor is a fresh rebuild with all the usual things; rings. bearings, etc. . In addition, the head has the larger turbo S style valves, and the hotter cam from an 88 non-turbo.
The price is now $8400. If somebody wanted the car without the wheels and tires, I could do $6900. I don't have another set of wheels, so you would have to have or get a set of your own.
Here are some more pics/ video:
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/chubbsdub/car/
Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Price drop. I'd like to sell the car in the next 2 to 3 weeks. So, for the next couple of weeks I'm asking:
-$7800 for the car.
-$5900 for the car without the Fikse.
Considering that you can buy a set of the stock wheels for a couple of hundred bucks, that makes this a hell of a deal.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Alrighty, I'm back to trying to find this car a new home. I've recently aquired a set of D90 wheels (with almost new tires) for the car. the new price is:
$5800 with the d90's
$7400 with the Fikse

Quick Reply: Selling my 944t