For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1987 944 turbo with lots of go-fast goodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 944 turbo with lots of go-fast goodies

Pictures/ Video: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/chubbsdub/car/

Up for sale is my 1987 Porsche 944 turbo. The car has 152.4k miles on it. I’m asking $8400.
In the last year or so, the car has had almost all the common 944 problems sorted. In that time it has received a new motor, also from an 87, and a fresh k27/8 turbo, both of which where installed about 6k miles ago.
The car is in Norfolk VA. If I still have the car at the end of the month, I will be driving it to Dallas TX.
I’m sure to forget something, so feel free to ask questions.
Anyways,

The Good:

-Sunroof free! – rare, plus you get more headroom (and fewer leaks, and fewer lbs)
-Heated drivers seat

-Motor from 87 Turbo. This motor had been freshened up by the previous owner just before he totaled his car. Unfortunately, I don’t have any of the documentation for the work done on the motor, so I can only say that it runs well.
-New timing and balance shaft belts.
-New oil cooler housing seals
-new intake manifold gaskets
-new vacuum lines
-new coolant hoses, thermostat, coolant temp sender
-new oil cooler lines
-new fuel lines
-fuel filter
-Brand new motor mounts.

-K27/8 turbo with v-band connection, this is a fresh rebuild complete with a new rotating assembly. The turbo does lose a little oil past the seals (which kind of annoys me considering the cost of the rebuild), but it's perfect otherwise.

-951 MAX multi-board tuned for the k27, has settings for: base, +5% fuel, +10% fuel, valet, and no-start.
-new battery
-New DME relay
-Euro style Hella headlamp conversion with 4500k H4 HIDs (this setup is a magnificent improvement over the stock driving-by-candlelight arrangement, and the euro lenses due a pretty good job of keeping glare in check)
-VDO E.G.T gauge
-VDO boost gauge
-new driver gear for odometer
-Sony head unit, Boston acoustics components in the doors, alpine 6x9’s in the back

- full 3” exhaust, Borla muffler, magnaflow high-flow cat, v-band connection at both ends of downpipe
-Lindsey racing dual port wastegate, with screamer pipe
-manual boost controller, set for 15psi
-3 bar FPR

-six puck clutch (This came with the motor, I was told it's a KEP but I can't say for sure since I don't have the receipts.)

- Stainless steel brake lines, lots of brake pad left.
-New Ball joints. (These are the more expensive rennbay ones with the aluminum bronze bushings)

-17” Fikse FM-10’s. 235’s in the front, 255’s in the back
-Front tires have 70% of the tread left; rears are almost brand new, so roughly 90% left

-Most of the door seals, window seals, and the hatch seal are all fairly new.
-The shifter to shift rod interface now has a bronze bushing to remove slop.

The Bad:

-Cruise control doesn’t work. I’ve never used it in any of my cars that had it, so I’ve not bothered to figure out why. However, it’s all still there if somebody else cares to fix it.
-The key release for the hatch doesn’t work. The release inside the cabin does work. The power mirrors also don't work.

The Ugly:
-The paint falls halfway between the good and bad categories. It was painted about four years ago; the paint is presentable, but it isn’t concourse by a good stretch. There is a dent in the rear driver’s side quarter panel, and a pretty ugly spot in the front right corner on the bumper. The rock guards are pretty bad.
-The seats and the dash each have a few cracks in them

The Misc:
-Manual steering with de-powered rack. Included is a good power rack, and everything needed to convert back to power steering, should the new owner decide to do so.

Last edited by Chubbs; 07-10-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a twin of my car!

Can you post a picture of the dent in the quarter panel? I can't see anything from the pictures.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Twin eh? You sir, must have impeccable taste then . But seriously, I am quite fond of white on these cars. Anyways, here are a few more photos of the dent. It's kind of difficult to get it to show well in pictures since white doesn't really have the depth to make imperfections stand out.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
hunterdasch
Advanced

how much for the wheels? glws!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Chubbs
Advanced

Well, I don't have another set of wheels for the car. As such I can't really just straight up sell these. Having said that, I suppose if somebody wanted to offer me some cash, plus a different set of wheels and tires, I would consider it.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Chubbs
Advanced

The car comes with a TON of spare parts as well.

Also, I'm in Northen VA this weekend. If anyone form central or northen VA/ MD wanted to see the car, now would be a good time.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

There's a PCA pre-track tech session going on at InterSport in Tysons Corner on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM. You might get some people interested there. I should be there around noon. It would also give peeps here a single place to go and see it.

Heck, just park it there, leave your number and come get it later!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Thats a really helpful suggestion. Do you know where I could find more details about this event? Or an address?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

The oil leak at the A.O.S. has been fixed.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
J1720
Rennlist Member

Any Luck? Looks good.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Originally Posted by J1720
Any Luck? Looks good.
Thanks. I've had some interest, though the car is still available. I suppose with the current market, some level of patience is needed when selling a limited market enthusiast car.
Anyways, the A/C has been fixed. I'm currently in the middle of a road trip to see some friends, so the next time the car will be available to be seen will be in Dallas TX, starting next week.
Also, I managed to get a hold of the gentleman who built the motor that is in the car currently. He mentioned a few things about the motor; I'm going to try to get a hold of him again in the next few days regarding some specifics. It sounds like it has a couple of other cool things worth mentioning. Anyways, I'll update this when I have some specifics.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

The car is still in Texas, and still for sale. I've recently installed brand new motor mounts, and the rear quarter windows are now tinted to match the hatch.
I've dropped the price a couple hundred dollars to $8400. Also, if anybody wishes to buy the car without the wheels and tires, I could do $6900. I don't have another set of wheels for the car, so this offer would only be good for those who happen to have a set of wheels laying around.
Also, I got ahold of the guy who built the motor. According to him, The rebuild included all the normal things; rings, bearings, etc. . It also included the larger valves from a turbo S, as well as the hotter cam from an 88 non-turbo.

Last edited by Chubbs; 07-10-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
bshah1976
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

GLWS sale...we have greats cars, but when people want to buy them...it always the price issues. I am in the same boat with some.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Chubbs
Advanced

Thanks. I regards to the price, I am willing to consider offers.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1987 944 turbo with lots of go-fast goodies