Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the hell is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Post What the hell is wrong with people?

I feel the need to rant for a friend of mine.

Big E, my best friend, has an '01 GTI that some of you may have seen the pics of. He has had a mess of problems since he has owned it, and finally, they all got sorted out.

Back in December, someone decided to key it from headlight to taillight, down to the metal. It was repaired back to stock condition. In February, someone keyed the hood. Again, it was repaired.

This last weekend Big E was out drinking. He ususally will take the car home although intoxicated. This time, he decided to take a cab and leave the car in front of a friends house. When he went back the next day, he saw a crunched up keg of beer off to the side of his car. As he walked closer, he saw why it was bent up.

Someone tossed a full keg off a 2 story balcony onto his hood, crushing it, along with all the plastic on top of the motor, and cracking a coil pack.

What the hell is wrong with people? Why would anyone find the need to do that? The US needs to bring back the "Eye for an Eye" mentality, and allow him to toss a full keg onto that bastards head.

Sick world we have here.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:59 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I think it all boils down to the fact that modern medicine keeps all the idiots alive (and thus thier bloodline/prodigy) that otherwise would be weeded out due to stupidity. Darwin's theory of evolution doesn't apply to modern man anymore, sadly.

I bet the person that dropped the keg on the car would already be dead if some doctor hadn't saved him (or his stupid father/mother). They need to make an admittance policy to hospitals where you don't receive treatment if you are an obvious moron and a menace to society.

Tifo
Old 04-08-2003, 02:04 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Perry 951:
<strong>This last weekend Big E was out drinking...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">There's your answer.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:05 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats awful man - he tries to do the right thing by not drinking and driving (kudos to that) and ends up bent over anyway.
Sucks man - people like that obviously have no respect for anything, including themselves. The only thing that can make it any better is righteous retribution....find him and exert your Machiavellian rights to vengeance. Most excellent.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Such are the hazzards of parking on the street in the city. I refer to it as the tyranny of the anonymous

When I lived in North Orange County (Fullerton), I had a brick thrown from a moving vehicle at my just-rebuilt 2.4L 914. They must have been hauling since it went through the rear window AND took out the windshield at the same time. I was just stunned at the seemingly random carnage - I was picking glass chunks out of my interior for months. Glass and installation was just under $500 (my deductable) so I ended up glazing the rear myself from a junker and pulling the windshield from the same to have pro-installed.

I dont know what to say for our species other than kids do some ugly things (beer keg sounds like college-age or younger uless it was is the red-neck district).

Tell Big E. I empathize. If it were me, I'd do some research and find out what window it came from and if poss. who did it and get my pound of flesh - legally or otherwise. Legally is better, impailing a keg of beer on them - too extreame, but I'd make them compensate me if I found out who was involved.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">There's your answer.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I am sure the fool who did it was out drinking, but no matter how wasted I am, I surely don't ever feel like destroying someone elses property.

Yup.. he does the right thing and still gets screwed. If he went and broke the law, most likely the car would have sat in his garage and never been touched.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:12 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Perry 951:
<strong>I am sure the fool who did it was out drinking, but no matter how wasted I am, I surely don't ever feel like destroying someone elses property.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Yeah. I didn't mean it to be snide, it's just a fact. When fools around you are drinkin' there are going to be fvck-ups who ruin a good time. Always.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:14 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

is he sure these people are his friends??? 3x vandalizm to his car, although they could be separate incidents (1st two sound very fishy....last one sounds like a group of meatheads hopped up on budwieser acting typical). the keying incidents sound like the car means alot to mr E and someone knows it.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:17 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Perry..was this a college campus? The way I read it was it was parked at a friends house (assuming street) in a neighborhood. Thats some distance they got unless they dont have a yard. If it was a college campus, it doesnt suprise me at all, drunk people together is like the worst thing that can happen to a nice car. (thats why my car is in evansville now and not in muncie) 3 more weeks!

If it wasnt a college campus, I am amazed that it happened, although some people are just morons. sounds like hes had some bad luck..hopefully that turns around and I really hope none of it rubs off on you after you get your car done!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:19 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

<strong>[QUOTE]
If he went and broke the law, most likely the car would have sat in his garage and never been touched.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">double edged sword here....or you could be a pauw (sp?) barer at your best buddies funeral. how big was the party? usually the next day everyone knows who the a$$hole was and will give up a name...unless they want to harbor that caliber of "friend"
Old 04-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well.. it was 1st keyed in Atlanta while he was on vacation, then keyed in Cincinnati when he visited me. The keg incident happened in Athens OH while at school.

I would think someone was out to get him if it happened in the same place, but they were all at diffrent locations.

The police asked the residents of the house if they saw anything. The girls that lived there said they bought the keg for a party on Monday. This happened on Saturday night. The girls said they heard it happen about 4am.

From what the police can tell, someone walked up the stairs onto the deck, tossed it, then ran.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">sounds like hes had some bad luck..hopefully that turns around and I really hope none of it rubs off on you after you get your car done!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">My bad luck went to him... I think. Good for me.. bad for him.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:29 PM
BartW
Racer

At least it only hit the car, it could have landed on a person. The problem in today's society is that we are too soft on these mentally and emotionally unstable idiots, Darwin's theory is not going to work that much longer, we are screwing it up.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:46 PM
TT
Racer

Don't you need a check or credit card deposit for a full keg? Find out where it came from and hunt the idiots down.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:50 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

To be certain we have problems with this world. Overall it's the nature of our current world lacking courtesy for other's personal belongings Recently my 4Runner received a nasty door ding, while parked in a well secured garage, probably from a bufoon who tossed his door open too hard. Another time I am sitting in my parked car at a parking lot. A guy pulls up next to me. Swings the door open against the side of my car. I refrained from confronting him until he did it the second time even harder. Apparently he thought my car was empty until I suprised him with an angry look IMHO: Some people appear to relieve their frustration from vandalism.

<strong>Sick world we have here.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">

Quick Reply: What the hell is wrong with people?