Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the hell is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw two people mention darwinism, so I had to respond.
If you think about it, darwinism favors a "de-evolution" of humanity. How many kids does your average rocket scientist have? How about a trailer park mom? How many brilliant people are troubled with depression or become suicidal? How many simpletons are?
Darwinism doesn't favor the most intelligent or strongest, it favors the one most capable of reproduction and survival.
The common sense of smarter people limits their reproduction: they use birth control and practice restraint. The fact that they tend to be more driven towards other goals (when did Einstein date) limits them as well.
With society taking on more herd-like qualities, people who wouldn't have survived in 1003 have no trouble surviving in 2003, not in spite of evolution on an individual scale, but because of evolution on a societal scale.
Societies are becoming more like organisms. In 50k-100k years, sentient entities might think of people as we do organic cells and of a society as we do an individual animal.
Maybe I've read too many books like "Brave New World" and "Galapagos" (two excellent books, btw), but that's how I see it.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:51 PM
K27
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Mike S:
<strong>Ya might also want to consider that there's a lot of hatred towards french and german products right now. Maybe his recent mishaps are a result of that. It's sad....but I can see it happening.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">That's it! I am leavin my Bricklin in the garage.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe if Big E threatens the girls to take them to court, then maybe the perpetrators will come forward, and at least help a few hundred towards the deductable.

Even though the girl isn't at fault, I bet her friends know who did it, and it would also teach them not to be so foolish next time.

Just MHO.

- Julie
Old 04-09-2003, 11:02 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ag951, I like! (I grew up on the same book list, although heavy on the anti-Totalitarianism theme) As I grow older, I'm certainly not seeing these books as paranoid ramblings...

Quick Reply: What the hell is wrong with people?