Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW! Calipers rebuilt by Goldline Brakes (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default WOW! Calipers rebuilt by Goldline Brakes (photos)

Got my calipers back from Goldline Brakes today. All I can say is... Wow!

These things are incredible and the photos don't do them justice. So much nicer than painting and the coating they do shows so much more detail than powder coating. Total cost was $750 for all 4 calipers. Normally it's $1000 but this is their slow time of year so John gave me a good deal - he's a really good guy to work with. Turnaround time was about 10 days.

Before

After

Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 AM
nine-four-four
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They did a really nice job. They look like new.

Beautimus!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 AM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look super new nd super shiney.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Dimi 944
Rennlist Member

Looking great! Kind of steep price though.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Reimu
Drifting

Looks great

Dunno about $1000 great though
Old 03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

Your lucky. My calipers have been sitting at ProSpeed Motorsports in Denver for 9 friggin' months.

Those look great.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by ideola
Your lucky. My calipers have been sitting at ProSpeed Motorsports in Denver for 9 friggin' months.

Those look great.
9 months? What's the story there? I'd be going ballistic!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:42 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by CameronKame
Dunno about $1000 great though
Well, $750 actually.

I know. It still ain't cheap. But I've had several sets of calipers rebuilt over the years and none have ever looked as good as these. The pictures really don't begin to show the beauty of these things. I'll absolutely use Goildline again.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:48 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

I sent them to him in June 2009. Waited two months. Finally called. Oh, they're at the coaters. Then he claims he wasn't happy with the results, sent them back to be recoated. Still not happy, sent them to a third coater. The third coater disassembled them. Completely. Fubar'd the internals. Now he's suing them to get the $1000+ worth of rebuild parts. He doesn't reply to emails or voicemails, and always comes up with excuses when I do happen to catch him at his desk. Sent emails and voicemails this week and no response. I'm pretty flippin' upset at this point, but he's got my calipers and my money, and who knows what state they're really in. I don't have much recourse at this point except to wait. And complain.

As somebody who now sells a lot of stuff here and in other similar forums, I'm pretty hesitant these days to trash another seller in the forums. But I'm about at my limit with this guy. I'm about at the point where I'm ready to tell him to just send me the parts in a box and I'll send them to your guy.

The 10 day turn-around is what set me off. Sorry for the rant. Seriously, back on topic, your calipers look great, and it sounds like a pretty fair price to me. What all was included, were they rebuilt as well as refinished?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:52 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by ideola
I sent them to him in June 2009. Waited two months. Finally called. Oh, they're at the coaters. Then he claims he wasn't happy with the results, sent them back to be recoated. Still not happy, sent them to a third coater. The third coater disassembled them. Completely. Fubar'd the internals. Now he's suing them to get the $1000+ worth of rebuild parts. He doesn't reply to emails or voicemails, and always comes up with excuses when I do happen to catch him at his desk. Sent emails and voicemails this week and no response. I'm pretty flippin' upset at this point, but he's got my calipers and my money, and who knows what state they're really in. I don't have much recourse at this point except to wait. And complain.

As somebody who now sells a lot of stuff here and in other similar forums, I'm pretty hesitant these days to trash another seller in the forums. But I'm about at my limit with this guy. I'm about at the point where I'm ready to tell him to just send me the parts in a box and I'll send them to your guy.

The 10 day turn-around is what set me off. Sorry for the rant. Seriously, back on topic, your calipers look great, and it sounds like a pretty fair price to me. What all was included, were they rebuilt as well as refinished?
That's insanity. I'd be thrashing him everywhere possible.

Yes. Completely rebuilt and everything done in-house. Google them. Lots of info on their website.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:13 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

Cool, will do. Might be time to cut my losses with ProSpeed.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great! I wish there was a way to keep the large allen head bolts zinc colored though.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by potent951turbo
Looks great! I wish there was a way to keep the large allen head bolts zinc colored though.
I am in the process of getting my brakes done as well and I felt the same way ...
I guess one could mask them off but one of my bolts has lost the anodized finish.
I even tried to pull the cross tubes off and almost rounded the fitting so I gave up ..
I could buy new tubes but I believe a pair of x- tubes are like 50 bucks
I wonder if goldline does different colors ... I am looking to move to a different color i.e. red yellow ? Being an old fart is hard to believe I want something more updated...
Regards
Ed
ps LiveFromNY looks like you got a very decent deal considering the rebuild kits alone are about 45 bucks a piston..... then powder coating....
Old 03-18-2010, 03:20 AM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I wonder if goldline does different colors ... I am looking to move to a different color i.e. red yellow ? Being an old fart is hard to believe I want something more updated...
They do. Check out their website. Would include a link but not sure of forum rules. Google is your friend.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just one more detail in what promises to be a spectacular 951. Nice heads-up about Goldline.

Quick Reply: WOW! Calipers rebuilt by Goldline Brakes (photos)