Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dan P's 944fest 2009 picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:44 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some pictures of everyone in the novice group but with the attitude toward me I will just leave them here on my PC.
Vince we did not talk til; after you instructor came up and was banging on my door about the track session I WAS being courteous to other and WAS ALWAYS WAVE PEOPLE BY. In the first session I let I don't know how many people by and so on for every session after that. I am sorry there was such a BIG problem with my cayenne on the track remember we were all there to have a good time and have the time I had to stay out the throttle for constant hand waving and yet NOONE taking me up on the hand motion and passing!!!!!!
And as for the comment to KEYING MY CAYENNE .........how childish are we now ?????? Some people need to just grow up.
AND AGAIN I will say the instructor was a good guy and will also tell you about all the had signals I was giving to pass and no one passed!!!!!

AT THIS POINT YOU FEW PEOPLE ARE RUINING MY TIME I HAD AT FEST 09 ...AND TO YOU DAN P YOUR A GOOD MAN SEE YOU AND TRAVIS NEXT YEAR!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright guys, chill out.

Costas,
There were guys stuck behind the pepper for one reason or another. In the novice group the instructor has control of the driver and the driver's actions. If at any time the instructor feels he does not have control or the student is not following his exact instruction, the session is over. That is how it works. You are driving via the instructor. If no signals were given when they should have been then the instructor was not doing his job.
If the pepper comes out next year we will be sure to bring the passing concerns to your new instructor's attention before any sessions begin. From what I was told, your instructor this year decided to sell his helmet and is giving up on instructing so... we can try and retire a third one next year?
No matter what the cause, you still got a trophy for it.

Vince,
I am sorry you did not get to finish all of your run groups because of mechanical problems. You still had a bunch of time out there on the track and just laugh off the fact that you were stuck behind a pepper for some of it. As I said above, blame the instructor and not the student. You have plenty of track time at Nelsons and you should conceder getting signed off to run without an instructor for next year's 944Fest. It looks like we will be heading back to Nelson again so it will be on familiar ground. Just make sure you stick your hand WAY up to let Dan J. / Dan P. / Cuz / etc.. pass.

Anyway... Just play nice guys. No one is really pissed about anything that happens at the 944Fest. If you do manage to **** everyone off one year, you get to run the event. That's how I got behind the helm and Costas didn’t come anywhere close to the '05 antics.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:10 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Dan P - "Brake Vince"
Vince - "It's to the floor"
Dan P - "this is not good!"
I don't care who you are. Thats funny right there!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:14 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

I have had lots of time at nelson I was just in the novice group because I was using the pepper I probably would have not even been in the that class if I had use the 951 being since I been coming to the fest for years and had quite some time on that track .

TRAVIS thanks again the fest was great and the "that guy" trophy got a good spot here in my shop Rock look out I may be going for a 2time winner next year!!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:15 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

LOL what was up with the brakes did they over heat??
Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Dan P - "Brake Vince"
Vince - "It's to the floor"
Dan P - "this is not good!"
IIRC, you picked a perfect place for this stunt. End of the back straight, Mid-Oh. It generated a tad bit of an early turn in as the braking zone was rapidly dissapearing, yet trail braking ensued altering your DE line into a race line guarding the entry to madness. Had you grabbed third and caught it on the rebound I think we would have shaved at least 7 tenths off that lap, but instead I think the majority of the skidmarks were inside the driving suit.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Alright guys, chill out.

Vince,
I am sorry you did not get to finish all of your run groups because of mechanical problems. You still had a bunch of time out there on the track and just laugh off the fact that you were stuck behind a pepper for some of it. As I said above, blame the instructor and not the student. You have plenty of track time at Nelsons and you should conceder getting signed off to run without an instructor for next year's 944Fest. It looks like we will be heading back to Nelson again so it will be on familiar ground. Just make sure you stick your hand WAY up to let Dan J. / Dan P. / Cuz / etc.. pass.

Anyway... Just play nice guys. No one is really pissed about anything that happens at the 944Fest. If you do manage to **** everyone off one year, you get to run the event. That's how I got behind the helm and Costas didn’t come anywhere close to the '05 antics.
Alright - so I maybe over-reacted a little. I do need to say that whoever did what to who, it should not be interpreted as a slight against the 944Fest or the guys that make it happen. I was wrong to implicate NOR and Skip Wolfe, the NOR guy who coordinated the track day. Skip made it all possible and I understand he took a raft of doo-doo for some of our antics.

Dan P, our founder - there isn't a better guy around. Travis - well there are lots better guys around, but he busts his chops to continue to make the 'Fest the world's best 944 event in the spirit in which Dan started it.

I was frustrated at the comment that the other drivers need to watch for a passing signal that never came, that's all. And tha's my fault - sorry.

But please, Travis, let's keep the peppers off the track and on the pizza, where they belong!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Johnny Player Special
Instructor

I think you guys all need to have a group hug.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Is this your car Johnny?
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats the lemons car from last year that John Z. ran. They pulled it out of the shed for us to check out over the weekend.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Vince- i feel your pain on not getting pass signals. Lucky for me im not very considerate and i just pass after not getting the signal a couple times.

Costas- if you are in the advanced group next year i have a feeling your left arm will get very tired.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 AM
pwnmastap
Racer

Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can see both sides of the argument, and if I were stuck behind someone who wouldnt allow a pass I would be frustrated as hell too.

There isnt a really clear answer to this either way.

Vince, you didn't over react at all. I get livid when im stuck behind grandma in the passing lane on the highway. Its a matter of people not being where the supposed to when they are supposed to.

Even if Costas didn't throw up the pass sign, his bad. 944 Fest is a chance that we get only once a year, to see the people who have become family. People we wont see otherwise, and we are a tight knit group here. Forgive and forget. Instead of pointing blame at Costas, or whoever the instructor was, or even the vehicle he was in for that matter, just pass it off. Its not worth getting worked up over, and I know that nobody wants to go to the fest and have tension between them because of a mistake. Just learn the lesson and move on.

If you guys really want someone to blame, blame me. I did it. I broke Costas' left arm so he couldn't throw up a pass. He tried and tried, and his instructor told him to let other pass, but he just couldnt because this douche bag named Rock broke his left arm. Darn.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Don't blame the Pepper, it is more than capable....

Wife at Mid-OH having no problems instructing in the Pepper
Name:  Mid-OH 2009 - 1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  Mid-OH 2009 - 3.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  54.7 KB
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
I can see both sides of the argument, and if I were stuck behind someone who wouldnt allow a pass I would be frustrated as hell too.

There isnt a really clear answer to this either way.

Vince, you didn't over react at all. I get livid when im stuck behind grandma in the passing lane on the highway. Its a matter of people not being where the supposed to when they are supposed to.

Even if Costas didn't throw up the pass sign, his bad. 944 Fest is a chance that we get only once a year, to see the people who have become family. People we wont see otherwise, and we are a tight knit group here. Forgive and forget. Instead of pointing blame at Costas, or whoever the instructor was, or even the vehicle he was in for that matter, just pass it off. Its not worth getting worked up over, and I know that nobody wants to go to the fest and have tension between them because of a mistake. Just learn the lesson and move on.

If you guys really want someone to blame, blame me. I did it. I broke Costas' left arm so he couldn't throw up a pass. He tried and tried, and his instructor told him to let other pass, but he just couldnt because this douche bag named Rock broke his left arm. Darn.
OK - who is posting from Rock's computer? This is a well thought out and - dare I say it - mature perspective on things. Except the last part. Rock must have come back and pushed the impostor out of the chair.

Let it go boys. It's all for fun. If you're not having fun - you're doing something wrong. Simple solution to the passing problem is to drop back or do a drive through of pit lane. Simple solutions to simple problems.

Quick Reply: Dan P's 944fest 2009 picture thread