Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dan P's 944fest 2009 picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Rangerdave
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Very Nice !! this post has my blood pumping to get my car done !!

Thanks guys !
Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

so much fun!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hockeeeeeyyyyy duuuuudddeeeeee!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Rennnnnbaaaaaaayy!!!

We coulda used a little more cowbell.
Attached Images            
Old 06-12-2009, 09:19 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

HEEEEEEEEY hockey dude you get you coolant straight???
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MM951
Dude, thank you again for the heater clip. It all works as it should now.. The drive home was heavenly without being slow roasted. Good meetin ya, if your ever in NY get in touch
anytime my good man, any time... if u ever find urself in the windy city let me know!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:52 AM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
HEEEEEEEEY hockey dude you get you coolant straight???
not yet, but i haven't really gotten time to mess around with the car since the 'fest. I still agree with you and Eric that it's most likely my thermostat, but Sammy's bleeding trick let out a little bit more of air, so we will just have to see. One thing that i definetly know needs attention is the bleeder screw's crush ring, as it has crushed just one too many times and is now just hanging on by a thread. lol

thanks for all of the input, and i will be sure to update everyone on my progress.

I'MMMMM FUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I didn't see anyone on me in the straights lol just kidding my hand was waving there needs to be some more on the track with open eyes
Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
In defense of Cos, I found out later that his instructor has some old school thoughts about track time. Without burning any bridges, I want to state that the instructor has ultimate responsibility to dictate on track behavior. The student was following his instructors' questionable instructions.
Hey Dan great time thanks Travis!!! It's all in the pass great time as always ! just to get it all out the way it was hard to see my hand over the rear of the car the instructor was a great guy thank you for the defense there dan!

Open eyes??? Open eyes???? I really hate to spoil this love fest but here's the facts:
1. Costas' behavior on the track was noticed immediately - on the first run- and was despised by all 7 of us by the end of session #2. Can you imagine, only 8 cars on the track and 5 of us playing caboose for a soccer mom vehicle? Further, he was braking erratically when we were following and way early in corners relative to the 44s.

2. I spoke with Costas IN PRIVATE after the second session. I was polite, I was calm, I noted that with his 951, things would have been different, but with the pepper he was holding us back. His comments - "I am not braking early and I am tired of giving the passing sign". I encouraged him to give the passing sign more.

3. Every observer I spoke with and heard speaking to others, be it instructor or driver said the same thing - NO ONE ever saw him give the passing sign - except the one he gave Tenacious G on the front straight - and that was half way down the track.

4. After our little discussion, when he obviously knew there was an issue with his 'driving', the problem got worse, not better in the third session.

5. He is darn lucky he didn't wake up with a keyed Cayenne on Saturday morning.

6. As for the instructor, shame on him and shame on NOR.

I, for one, will never run in a group with him again.

I might be a little bitter because I had to retire after the third session with a mechanical issue, but it's a good thing it doesn't affect my attitude or anything !
Old 06-13-2009, 04:32 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

I feel your pain, Vince. My point was simply that the INSTRUCTOR should have handled the situation, and didn't. I believe since then he has retired from the ranks of instructors. If stripping him of his title is not enough, what more can you do? Trust me, if Costas used any of his "techniques" with the other 99% of the instructors, it would have been corrected, and will be next time. Fair?
Old 06-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
I feel your pain, Vince. My point was simply that the INSTRUCTOR should have handled the situation, and didn't. I believe since then he has retired from the ranks of instructors. If stripping him of his title is not enough, what more can you do? Trust me, if Costas used any of his "techniques" with the other 99% of the instructors, it would have been corrected, and will be next time. Fair?
Dan P - more than fair - I did not know of the instructor's retirement. When I left the track, the latest news was the instructor issue was long known and no one wanted to handle it.

+1 on the instructor's role. No issue there.

Which brings me back to a happier DE moment - Mid-Oh
'fest 08

Dan P - "Brake Vince"
Vince - "It's to the floor"
Dan P - "this is not good!"
Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Tenacious_G
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
3. Every observer I spoke with and heard speaking to others, be it instructor or driver said the same thing - NO ONE ever saw him give the passing sign - except the one he gave Tenacious G on the front straight - and that was half way down the track.

I, for one, will never run in a group with him again.
+1,000,000.

The instructor specifically said to LIFT if you had a turbocharged car and gave the pass to an NA -- he didn't do that on any occasion when I passed him, thought he'd run me off the road.

Instructor's fault or not, this can't happen again. His incompetence robbed EVERYONE'S experience in the Novice run group from the whole $180 bucks it should have been worth.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
jtsporsche
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't this supposed to be a picture thread?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL awesome shirt!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Tenacious_G
Three Wheelin'

Hey -- I asked if folks had pics from my run group already -- I'm staying on topic!

Quick Reply: Dan P's 944fest 2009 picture thread