Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get alot of attention in your 944?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
coilbox
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally kids are much more fascinated by these cars, probably care less about an "old car", they just like the shape of the car and the noise. Older people just think its old, its cheap, and they cant get all the shopping inside.

Remember one day, I really laughed at a traffic light. One kid passing by shouted "Look at that car, its like Batmans car!"
Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 PM
stew-gart44
Banned

on a different forum i was told dont think youre gonna be treated any different its a sub 10,000 sports car.....since ive had my 44 ive had 3 or 4 ppl wlk over when ever i get gas n 100s of ppl turn there heads its the sexyest car ever made i think..when stood up has the sexy lines of a womens body..i had a choice between 911 n 944 i think i 44 is a sexyer looking car ..where i live on east end of long island everyone has a 911 or boxster n there 86-90 saabs 900 summer car...my dad had a 85 or 86 targa black i just love the 944 with the phone dials thats just me but it being a sub 10,000 sports car n not anything specail i dont believe ...and my red 44 gets tons of attention in one of the richest places in the world..
Old 10-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

I'll say it again: please use proper english, this "ain't no honda forum".
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We were joking at a show the only ppl interested in these cars are 10 yo boys. A few min later a boy walks up and compliments our cars. Proof
Old 10-23-2011, 05:14 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

[QUOTE=michael944s900s;8967361]on a different forum i was told dont think youre gonna be treated any different its a sub 10,000 sports car....._______And they were rigth,take a look a the 944s market & you'll realize that's what your driving a sub $10k cars.Yours is an early 83 model which make matter worst.I'm not saying that the early car are no good since I own 26 yrs & love it. Mine was 9/10 cars,when I sold it two years ago all the PO had to do for the next 35K miles was to add gas & change the oil/filter. Once driven for 35K or in the next four years which ever come first the belts will be due to be change.Not only was the car show room but it also had nice subtle mods to it mechanical/suspension & body wise .Price the car was sold $5,900.oo & consider myself lucky to have gotten that much for it.Your not driving a 951/S2 or 968 so stop day dreaming.Probably worth $3K at the most if without issues which don't seem to be the case the way you been asking for help on different forums.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by xsboost90
We were joking at a show the only ppl interested in these cars are 10 yo boys. A few min later a boy walks up and compliments our cars. Proof
_____+ 1, I happen to do car shows once in a while with mine & lot of peoples will come up & ask what the car is ,but kids will pull Moms or Dads sleeves & say look it's a Porsche.Even though 968 are not very common they do know what the Porsche badge stand for.It make their days when I let them behind the wheel to take pics.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 AM
El_Duderino
Intermediate

Mine's far from 'showroom condition', but is still very presentable. I just drove it to the supermarket before, and had 2 guys give positive comments, and another give me a thumbs-up as he parked beside me.

These suckers in Australia are a pretty unusual sight, let alone in a smaller regional city. One of the guys mentioned he thought it was great to see one being driven and used, rather than tucked away in a garage...I'll take that as a compliment any day!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
pettybird
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pulled over last night for the second time in three weeks for excessive cornering speeds. I'm talking about turning from one empty wide street onto another empty wide street without hitting the brakes, not some driving-out-the-side-window-with-tokyo-drift-spec-tire-smoke.

BOTH times the cop (different departments) said 'I KNOW it's a Porsche but slow down around the corners.'

I'm 35 and out to impress no one...that's not the attention I want.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:28 AM
pnbell
Burning Brakes

Girls flash their ***** at me all the time when i'm driving! They usually yell "Oooo your 944 makes me so horny!" -True Story.. :/
Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

i'll share some stories...

story 1:
So i was visiting some buddies from college and decided to drive the turbo. Great drive, about 4 hours long with no mechanical or cosmetic mishaps coming or going. My friends live on a relatively "young" street since they are close to one of the major universities in the city so co eds were constantly walking by and making noise... Anwyays, I get there around noon on friday and we end up doing things old college buddies do and i wake up late saturday evening(because im not in college anymore ) anyways, my buddy gets a knock on the door and there is this smoooookin hot girl standing there and she has maybe 4 or 5 friends waiting on the sidewalk. She asks if she could talk to the owner of the Porsche! I thought, "this is it! finally a chick is interested because of a stupid car! im vindicated!". So i walk up to the girl in the door way and casually say, "yeah shes mine..." she looks me up and down and says...."you're key's been in the trunk key hole for 2 days now. you should get it before someone steals it." and then she walked out of my life forever...

story 2:
So there i am with some old college buddies at a bar(see a pattern?). I had driven the 968 that day and found an amazing parking space right in front of the bar(which can be a bad idea...). I think i got to the bar around 6 and 3-4 hours later a young girl approached me while i was talking with said buddies. She asked if i was the one with the black Porsche outside. Now, at this point im engaged to my wife, and my friends were all single to the man, so they were all giving me dirty envious looks... Well those looks ended quickly when she opened her mouth again to say that i should probably find some jumpers because the alarm was going off the entire time and "finally stopped, thank God."
Old 11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a story. went to meet up with some mates, most of them i didn't know. anyway we had a coffee chat ect. we decided to leave and go park up at a look out and chat. on the way, probably 15 min drive... one of my mates mates tried racing me wile rolling, little did he know what car i was driving he had no idea how much power it makes.... he had a 3.8 v6 holden (family car). somehow we both pulled up at the lights. Green and he pushed his foot down, i lightly took off then put my foot down, spun into boost (15psi)..at the time he was 1 car in front..catching him while wheel spinning, shifted into 2nd lightly and grabbed traction and launched past him, gradually shifted 3rd and just let it slow down. for the rest of the drive he just quietly sat behind me until we parked up. Another mate asked to see what i've done (i told him what i was doing to it) and the guy who tried to race me looked and said if i saw that i wouldn't have bothered... Also said but i had you in first.
That make me laugh. he thought he had me in first while i slowly took off and then got into wheel spin. oh the things people thing.

The car got a lot of attention by everyone, questions and all.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Kind of cool story....
Coming out of my doctors office the other day in a local hospital there was a guy looking at my car hard.

Long story short he was retired Navy, use to own one until it broke because he was young and dumb and didn't take care of it. We talked for about 10 mintues or so.

When we parted company he told me make sure I took care of it and never get rid of it.

When I got in and was pulling back around to merge into traffic I noticed he was still standing there; watching me drive off.

Made me feel good about all the work I have done so far.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I get the same as most. The younger kids stare, and occasionally I'll get a wave from other p-cars. There is a really nice 924S in town, and he always waves.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Lol, funny. My 5 year old step daughter loves the 944. I took her for a ride in it one day and she was hooked. Everytime we go somewhere she asks if we can take the red car. She saw a porsche commercial on tv and when they showed the porsche emblem she says "look, just like the red car".
Old 11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

I used to have cops follow me on occasion, and I did get flashed by a couple girls in a Camaro once. That part was nice. I guess other than that I mostly got compliments on how clean it was. one guy heard it idling in a parking lot, smiled and asked me if it had a big motor or if it just sounded big. I always liked that it had a sort of lope not found with other 4 cylinders. With the 3inch exhaust and my resonator, it just grumbled perfectly.

Quick Reply: Do you get alot of attention in your 944?