Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 944 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:31 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The car is on the dyno as I write, can't join coz work is tying me up. Real curious what we'll get out of her. In the meantime we've been building the body up. Front fenders 3cm wider, rear quarters 5cm wider.
next week for paint and fresh stickers the week after. cant wait for testing......
Attached Images   
Old 01-14-2011, 02:08 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's looking great Henk and it was great chatting earlier in the week mate

So you going to have room on there for a couple of small D9 stickers ... you know they'll compliment your colour scheme and make you go faster
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 213 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by HJK

My LSD, went to gear heaven after the last outing....

don't feel bad Henk, it's my understanding the same thing happend to the 968 Turbo RS running an endurance race in the GT2 class years ago -- resulting in a DNF. i'll try to jog my memory with the help of Google.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
future
Banned

^ which # 968 TRS was that out of interest?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

it don't think it was # 1 car that had the cracked turbo....

thought for sure there was a dnf back there somewhere that had resulted from a failed transmission.

btw, i love the updates that you and Benji have completed on the 968 RS, that i'm just now seeing. spectacular.

http://www.deutschnine.com/porsche-t...8-turbo-rs.php
Old 01-14-2011, 02:56 PM
future
Banned

Yep that's what I heard also - was just interested in which # car it was

I'm in direct contact with the current owner of the #3 car which is now in a private collection in Lausanne, Switzerland. Beni will be meeting the owner in early Feb so we will be starting a new thread on the car ... the owner has granted us full access to the car and allowing us to replicate all products from it so expect a nice big thread come mid Feb. I actually personally known the previous UK owner of the car so really looking forwards to this one.

Thanks for the heads-up ... there is alot more to come and we should have another exclusive product for the 968 finished in the next 2 weeks - I'll keep ya posted mate

Now back to Henks thread
Old 01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

the black car, i think # 3, a.k.a. "Bubbles." i had read about one of the cars a few years ago somewhere about having the blown gearbox. thought it had been at Daytona or Lamanns, but now i see it was just a lesser known, 4 hour endurance event as your page describes.

29/05/1994 (BPR) Montlhery 1000km (Bell / Henriksen / Farmer) #38 DNF,

http://968turbo.homestead.com/number3.html

btw,

can you pm me a contact phone # about how to order a set of 968/993 'carbon' fenders/availability ?

thanks,

OD.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 PM
future
Banned

Yep the #3 is the black car AKA "Bubbles" <-- this is the most original of all of the 4 cars to my knowledge but we will confirm upon inspection early Feb.

Mate, you can get me directly at any time on 0044 1625 525434 ... it's 19:15 UK time now so I'm just off out to the pub for some quality English Ale's none of that Bud bollox here

I'll give you a call tomorrow mate and am trying to short out a combined shipping deal for all US friends to help reduce costs further on the 993/968 fender project
Old 01-22-2011, 06:04 AM
HJK
Pro

Paintwork done, waiting for new stickers and she's good to go again. She is a bit fatter now, but miraculously lost weight in the process.

In the pics with the old wheels you can see that we have a bit more space now for the new wheels and tyres.

tmrw out to play, let's see how she does.
Attached Images     
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Henk - car looks really good.

I'm looking at getting the same D9 rear wing. Can you give some feedback on how easy it was to install? I would be doing my own install and was curious as to whether any further trimming, sanding, etc was required or if it was just a straight bolt on.

Also, how did you go on the dyno?

PS - love the yellow and black colour scheme.

Eric
Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 PM
TheFiend944
Cruisin'

That car of yours is looking great!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
HJK
Pro

Originally Posted by TheFiend944
That car of yours is looking great!!!
Come to the track when you're in the area !
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM
HJK
Pro

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2

I'm looking at getting the same D9 rear wing. Can you give some feedback on how easy it was to install? I would be doing my own install and was curious as to whether any further trimming, sanding, etc was required or if it was just a straight bolt on.

Eric
haven't done any sanding. bear in mind that mine is fitted to lexan rear window which is a bit thinner then glass. the side pods are polyester, i didnt paint them just wrapped them in kevlar look plastic. I also havent put anything on the wing yet like transparent lacquer.

You take of old spoiler and strips, glue the new strips on, place the spoiler. We glued the sidepods with window/glass glue and screwed the through the hatch frame. No issues. But bear in mind that mine is racing only so I'm not overly worried about minor lining up issues etc, same as the body panels, i dont even look at it. But I see no problems with the wing.
Henk
Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 PM
HJK
Pro

Eric
I'll shoot some up close pics of the wing fitting to give you a better idea... after testing today
Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 PM
HJK
Pro

Eric
****, i better read the whole post in one go instead of replying three times but alas,

we have currently 278 rwhp and 380N of torque. The max power line is almost flat from 5500 onward, so there is more to be had but it needs improved breathing.

We think the standard headers are holding back since the people in the know say that these headers were developed to generate torque only, so waiting for the new 4 in 1 header from RSBarn / Racersedge, and assume that will free up another 20 plus hp.

Today of for testing at the track, will run performancebox power measurement too and let you know.

Quick Reply: Another 944 Project