Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline Safety Harness Mounts **Product Release** $36

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Rennline Safety Harness Mounts **Product Release** $36

Harness Mounts **Product Release** $36

These brackets have been specially designed to allow you to install both, factory seat belts and aftermarket harnesses at the same time. Intended for the use of quick disconnect lap belts on both sides of the seat. This is a perfect set up for your street/track car. All brackets are designed to attach to the factory seat belt mounting locations so no drilling is required.

To purchase this item please click here!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, what a great idea!!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:01 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I dont think this is allowed by the PCA for DE is it? I have a set from Brey Krause on the inside of my sport seats but thought they changed the rules...
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
I dont think this is allowed by the PCA for DE is it? I have a set from Brey Krause on the inside of my sport seats but thought they changed the rules...
For DE it is probably acceptable. For club racing though, harnesses can not be attached to the seats.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

It looks like they have some attach to the body...would that be legal? Rennline, is that accurate that some of your mounts can be bolted to the body?

thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone 'splain to me what this is for? I have to assume it's not for a 5 pt harness....if it's just for a quick release lap belt...why would I want that if I do DE?

Please tell me what I am missing!!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool. I like that it comes with a longer bolt...unlike the BK stuff I already have....
Old 12-09-2008, 10:54 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J Berk
Can someone 'splain to me what this is for? I have to assume it's not for a 5 pt harness....if it's just for a quick release lap belt...why would I want that if I do DE?

Please tell me what I am missing!!

Joe

It's hard to tell from those photos, but it's for the inboard side of the seat when using a 5pt harness. (which is all that's showing). HOWEVER, most of the PCA clubs want you to have real race seats in conjunction with 5 pt harnesses, so it's not as useful as it probably once was. The most relevant photo is the one where it's mounted to the tunnel since that'd work with fix back seats.

I have all that quick release stuff on my car (except on the inboard side). I never take it out since the car is dedicated to the track and driving to tech inspection and picking up parts and such.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:57 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks Steve!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

You really need to check with your club to see what is legal. They are primarily designed for DE and autocross events. If you are doing any type of actual racing then you wouldn't have factory seat belts still in the car. With that said, the short unit is used alot as just a quick disconnect harness mount on both tunnel and sill side of the car. These are basically a universal type harness mount that can be used in several different applications.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

for autocross you can probably run a harness bar and a four point setup. if you do that the rennline setup is awesome. unclip the two lap belts when not in use.

if you have an early car, the rennline part mounts to the transmission tunnel. if you have a late car mount it to the seat.

For DE, you are supposed to have a five or six point system. if using a six point system and have an early car the sub and the lap can probably (pretty sure one bolt for both pieces is legal) bolt to the rennline part, and the part is attached to the tunnel.

if you have a late car, and the rennline part is attached to the inboard part of the seat you will probably be OK. i wish this was around when i had my first 951 and the momo seats. it was a mother getting the bolt for the belts on the inboard side not to stick out with the seatbelt, lap belt and sub belt on one bolt. having the rennline part would have allowed me to bolt just the factory belt and rennline part to the seat (or tunnel if i drilled the hole), and the loop on the rennline part would probably have cleared the tunnel because of the bevel of the tunnel.

another great thing about this rennline part (from my observations that is), is that you can use a six point system instead of a five point. if using a five point you have to cut a hole in the seat, and there are rules as to where the sub is mounted and how the sub belt is mounted.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:20 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.

For DE, you are supposed to have a five or six point system. if using a six point system and have an early car the sub and the lap can probably (pretty sure one bolt for both pieces is legal) bolt to the rennline part, and the part is attached to the tunnel.
I wouldn't say suppose to have for a DE. You should only use 5 or 6 points harnesses with a racing seat, and a lot of people that DE are using stock seats, which should only be used with DOT belts. The backs of stock seats are not designed to be used with shoulder harnesses, nor is there a place to run a sub belt properly. And vise versa, racing seats should not be used with DOT belts.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

With what Tom mentioned about the Momo seats in his old 951 (now my 951), it would indeed make life alot easier. As of right now there are eye-bolts for the inner lap belt attached to the Wedge Engineering seat bracket, the eye bolt is basically pressed right up against the transmission tunnel. To get the lap belt for the 6-pt over so i can use it,i have to really muscle the stock female end of the belt over and slip the harness end over (its far to tight a fit to disconnect it. The outter side is not really a problem as there is plenty of space. Its hard to explain, but trust me when i say its a pain in the neck. Yea, i only need to do it when at an auto-x or a DE..but its a pain in the *** to do.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
I wouldn't say suppose to have for a DE. You should only use 5 or 6 points harnesses with a racing seat, and a lot of people that DE are using stock seats, which should only be used with DOT belts. The backs of stock seats are not designed to be used with shoulder harnesses, nor is there a place to run a sub belt properly. And vise versa, racing seats should not be used with DOT belts.
yep, my bad. i forgot to put that caveat that you cant use seats without the holes in the back to stop the shoulder belts from falling off like a bra strap and the boulder on your shoulder flying through the windshield.

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
With what Tom mentioned about the Momo seats in his old 951 (now my 951), it would indeed make life alot easier. As of right now there are eye-bolts for the inner lap belt attached to the Wedge Engineering seat bracket, the eye bolt is basically pressed right up against the transmission tunnel. To get the lap belt for the 6-pt over so i can use it,i have to really muscle the stock female end of the belt over and slip the harness end over (its far to tight a fit to disconnect it. The outter side is not really a problem as there is plenty of space. Its hard to explain, but trust me when i say its a pain in the neck. Yea, i only need to do it when at an auto-x or a DE..but its a pain in the *** to do.
The eye bolts, I forgot what a pain that was. I had to shim the bolt out a little so it didnt hit the track, then in so it cleared the transmission tunnel, then raise the track a fraction of an inch so it didnt rub the track, then........ bolting the rennline part which looks to be less deep thatn the eye bolt into the wedge bracket and the factory belt to the seat should make life easier.

i bet one set would work great for both seats, and you can leave the eye bolts on the outside. glad i can spend your $$ for you. i know i will be on rennline's site come spring when i put the momo's into the new 951.

Quick Reply: Rennline Safety Harness Mounts **Product Release** $36