Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restoring a 1987 944 turbo - WTB parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Restoring a 1987 944 turbo - WTB parts

Albert and I picked up a black on black 87 944 turbo on Friday that we are restoring to sell. Took all weekend to get her running but she is doing well now Looking to buy some parts - figured I would list out what I am hoping to pay too - if someone has a couple of these that would be great. Not looking for concours type stuff - mostly just decent and funtional.... If you can post up pictures or email them to me that would be appreciated.

batwing - hopefully under $100?
underpan - cracks ok as long as I can still mount it - $40?
driver's side seat in black leather - prefer the leather not to be taunt $150
Lloyds black floor mats with red Porsche script - no foam back - just fronts - $45
Driver's side turbo foglight - sandblasting ok just no holes - $65
87 and later stock good front struts and springs - $75
decent shifter rod with thick non tapered pin - $15
Speakers that can fit in the doors behind the stock grills - $20
Front and rear rotors with no lip that have not been turned for 87 and later turbo - not sure $
Black rear hatch carpeting with foam backing still in place and not curled over at the back edge - not sure $
Black hood from someone local would be awesome with minimal dents and decent paint - not sure $
Old 07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Josh, I have a set of black leather seats out of my car. They are in good presentable shape but there is a slight hole in the bolster of the driver's side. I also probably have a set of speakers laying around. I have a full set of loyds mats including the rear trunk mat, but that might be more then you were wanting. I will check my box for a shifter rod also.

What did the no start situation end up being?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice to see one being saved. Think I have a foglight for you, but can't remember if it's DS or PS, will check tonight.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
Josh, I have a set of black leather seats out of my car. They are in good presentable shape but there is a slight hole in the bolster of the driver's side. I also probably have a set of speakers laying around. I have a full set of loyds mats including the rear trunk mat, but that might be more then you were wanting. I will check my box for a shifter rod also.

What did the no start situation end up being?
Hey Colin - that might work as I think I just need the lower section of the seat as I recall. Would you be wanting to sell them as a pair or willing to split off the driver's side by itself? What would you be asking on the complete floor mat set? They are black with red Porsche script and rubber backs?

Are you pretty interested in that dash? Sure would be great to find it a home especially with no shipping.

Ended up being a bad engine harness like you were figuring. We tried splicing on more injector connectors but I guess there was a break deeper in the harness so we swapped on another one. We really need between the three of us to make jig and start building some 951 motor harnesses. Could even wire in connectors for a SMT6 or a Zeitronix....

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
Nice to see one being saved. Think I have a foglight for you, but can't remember if it's DS or PS, will check tonight.
Thanks - sure is a pretty intake manifold in your sig
Old 07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a good set of front stock rotors. Send me a PM with an offer. No lip and have not been turned. They came off of my '94 968.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Josh, I would really like to sell the seats as a pair, just since as you know they aren't worth much seperately. The mats are exactly what your looking for, black with red stitching and rubber backs, I might be willing to sell just the mats if you don't want the rear trunk mat. I will double check their condition this afternoon and let you know.

I'm definately interested in the dash, just debating on how bad I need it at the price. But I could pick it up next week when I come through for the Porsche 250.

Let's talk about the harnesses, I would really like to start building some in my spare time. I just need a spare or two so I can mount them to a board to make a jig. Like I said on the phone, the headaches a new harness saves is worth the money. I have seen so many no start issues just like yours because of an old harness.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

i have a black floormat with the red porsche script but only for the passenger side..
Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a set of new speakers i'll sell ya. PM me. Dan.

Quick Reply: Restoring a 1987 944 turbo - WTB parts