Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whos 951 is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whos 951 is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIoUCi6VGuc#offRCusSEjk

I think hes in columbus?

Anyone know?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Hes killin the game! Show that parking lot whos boss!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

His name is Gabe (I read the credits) and he's coool !
Old 01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

This is what he had to say about my car

"Ha Ha... I don't spend a lot of time on rennlist, I don't have a Porsche, but the friend who owns the car in the video does and is on there all the time. This is what he said about you.

"That kid is a ****ing retard. He's totaled like 3 944's and his current car is a hacked together piece of ****. My car is ten times as nice as his car"

Way to go kid. Play your ****ing video games and leave Porsches and rennlist to us grown-ups."

Sounds like the spirit of rennlist! Not only that but I have more knowledge about 944s coming out of my *** than that guy does alltogether.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

He seems to have a nicely cared for 951...but jeez...how impressed with yourself do you have to be to make a video of yourself doing that silly stuff? Bet he stands infront of the mirror for hours naked.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um - so what's the point of the video?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i guess im a hack!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the boost gauge stuffed in the cubby under the CD player! Nice car, but the owner seems like a tool. And not a "special tool" kinda tool.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 AM
purple_rado
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, gabe is a great guy. i went to high school and college with him. he is a very active member on rennlist and would lend a hand to anyone in need. there are quite a few regulars on this board that would attest to that. how embarrassing for grown men to pick on someone they have no prior knowledge of. grow up. gabe owns one of the cleanest, well modded 951's ive seen. anything on his car is ten fold classier than a full reflector panal across the back of a certain 944, so little mods that you have to advertise your car has blue a led back lit speedo, and white gauges. i mean if we're critiquing cars and the personalities that go along with them yours says your cheap, a little white trash, and have no taste.

and spideyslave your a "tool" the "special kind" for have a "parts currently waiting for install/on order" category in your information. no one cares. but who's judging?

in response to the video, hes not driving around recklessly, he's in a closed parking lot that's used for autox'ng here in town, and im sure that both of you have done stupider things in your car in the past month.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J Berk
He seems to have a nicely cared for 951...but jeez...how impressed with yourself do you have to be to make a video of yourself doing that silly stuff? Bet he stands infront of the mirror for hours naked.
Originally Posted by SpideySlave944
I love the boost gauge stuffed in the cubby under the CD player! Nice car, but the owner seems like a tool. And not a "special tool" kinda tool.
Wow, you two are high quality yourselves, "I'm so sweet I'm going to get on a website and bash someone I don't even know".

If you're going to call someone out, you better be ready to take some in return.

J Berk you really should remove that reflector between your taillights, those things are the most hideous modification someone could do to a 944. Even if you bought it that way, it’s really a wonder that your family is still willing to be seen with you in public. It's a good thing you have those white gauges and blue LEDs, that way you can fit in with all the rest of the ricer crowd, plus I hear they are worth like 100HP!!

Hey Spidey, where do you have your boost gauge mounted? If you’re running any sort of boost controller / enhancer you really should have an aftermarket boost gauge as the factory one can be horribly inaccurate. Where should Gabe have mounted his? Maybe in one of those gauge pillars, cause according to J Berk those are the ****, or maybe drywall screwed into the dash, or maybe he could spend 40 bucks on a gauge panel that replaces the cubby, there by eliminating your storage and holding the gauge in place.
No, what Gabe decided to do was to install the gauge without ruining the interior of the car and in a place where it is inconspicuous and can be removed with out leaving the interior looking like J Berk had owned it.

I didn't see anything on the video that makes Gabe a tool. He spun the tires a little, slid the back end around, and he sped "dangerously". Practically everyone here on rennlist has done it one time or another.

To make a video of it is just like you taking a picture of your own car, only he added some music and creativity.

Have you ever had someone else drive your car past you quickly? Do it then tell me you didn't think it was cool, and if you didn't think it was cool then go get your self a Cavalier.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Judson951
Drifting

Cavaliers ROCK !!!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by purple_rado
wow, gabe is a great guy. i went to high school and college with him. he is a very active member on rennlist and would lend a hand to anyone in need. there are quite a few regulars on this board that would attest to that. how embarrassing for grown men to pick on someone they have no prior knowledge of. grow up. gabe owns one of the cleanest, well modded 951's ive seen. anything on his car is ten fold classier than a full reflector panal across the back of a certain 944, so little mods that you have to advertise your car has blue a led back lit speedo, and white gauges. i mean if we're critiquing cars and the personalities that go along with them yours says your cheap, a little white trash, and have no taste.

and spideyslave your a "tool" the "special kind" for have a "parts currently waiting for install/on order" category in your information. no one cares. but who's judging?

in response to the video, hes not driving around recklessly, he's in a closed parking lot that's used for autox'ng here in town, and im sure that both of you have done stupider things in your car in the past month.

I mean no offense to GABE. But if thats what he really said about my car in the quote..... then he sure sounds like one stand up caring rennlist member.

Now lets not start bashing each other here guys. To each his own. I think what they were saying was more in the context of the video.

We all see the ricers in hondas with plastic bumper kits driving around parking lots like that, and speeding on open roads. I mean this video just looked like a straight up Fast n Furious wannabe video.

No one was really bashing his car, I think we all agree its a nice car. I even recall J Berk saying it is a nicely cared for car.... so lets not attack the cars here. lets just attack the people! That makes it more fun!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Plus, I dont think anyone here called anybody else a

"****ing retard"

or called their car "a hacked together piece of ****".

I think the real ******* is gabe. Despite claims against.

On a side note. What Xsboost said "guess im a hack"

Um. I think we ALL can agree that Dan is one of the BEST achievers here on rennlist. This car is his work, and even though I screwed the top up, the car has ran flawlessly for over 30,000 miles. Guess thats hack work at its finest huh?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

My hacked together piece of ****

Then 2 of my cars after being painted by Xsboost!
Attached Images    
Old 01-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Well Rock, I don't know what Gabe has said about you and I don't know the kid who took the video. Maybe we should hold off on calling people ********, just because he said, that Gabe said, that you did something stupid.

Quick Reply: Whos 951 is this?