Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Banned.. Need Some Support

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Images   
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith951
I was warned months ago when my account got suspended because I was "running a business and using rennlist as my main advertising agent" But that got sorted out and was fine for the past few months.. and many for sale threads later.. After this cross posting incident of for sale threads **** has seemed to hit the fan agian.. with a ban since I have been "Slipping under the radar" since the last time.. Even though I thought we had come to an understanding on the Sponsorship issue about 6 months ago.

I still don't know for sure the reason I am being banned.. If it is because of the sponsorship or the crossposting.. But either or I feel it is being handeled fairly harsh.

-Keith
Read on - I'll try to make it real clear.

You had been advised - on several ocassions - to cease and desist. The 'understanding' we came to was that you would stop selling parts as a non-Sponsor on Rennlist. You were offered a Small Business Sponsorship (MUCH lower rate than the regular Sponsorship rate mentioned in this thread). You declined. Period. Kaput. End-of-Story.

Now here's where we are today - still.

You have been in violation of several sections of the Rennlist Terms of Service (TOS):

https://rennlist.com/TOS.htm

and the Rennlist Charter:

https://rennlist.com/charter.htm

You agreed to adide by those rules when you created a user account here.

Specifically:

TOS: "You agree that you will not use Rennlist's Service to engage in commercial advertising activities unless such use is in accordance with Rennlist's Charter and/or without enrolling in Rennlist's Sponsors Program. Such commercial advertising activities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:

Offering for sale any products or services; ..."

Additionally:

Charter Article 7: Two (2) sales threads per MONTH - not 10 a day across multiple forums.

Also, despite your protests, you are running a parts BUSINESS FOR PROFIT. It may not be a full-time job, but you are in it to MAKE MONEY, not just get rid of some extra parts you have from past car projects. You have openly admitted this in your PMs to me.

There are several businesses who PAY for the PRIVILEDGE to use Rennlist as a marketing vehicle. YOU have chosen to try and get a FREE RIDE.

There are other places to sell your parts. Try eBay. But I'm sure you won't be happy paying their FEES either.

Charter Article 10: Your account (Keith 951) will be banned later today. You (Keith) had been selling on Rennlist using your brother's Member account (Mike 951). That account was banned earlier today.

Read Article 10 real closely. In the event you create another account because you have been banned, that action will cost you $5,000. To-date, several individuals have been taken to court by Rennlist for breaching article 10. All have lost and most have paid a goodly sum for their transgressions.

Closing this thread.

Your account will be closed later today.

Quick Reply: Got Banned.. Need Some Support