Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Banned.. Need Some Support

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Keith951
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowline
He was a manufacturer who wasn't selling used parts.

The only real problem I have is with the cross-posts. The tech board isn't the classifieds, and vice versa. Posting ads here defeats the purpose of member-to-member classifieds. I think I did it once, but now I keep all my FS stuff in the section it belongs.

I think you made a huge mistake by getting another name, though...isn't there a $5000 reinstatement fee?
This is an old account.. I used to have my own account that I paid a seperate membership on.. but it made no sense to pay 2 memberships when me and my brother could just use the same account

-Keith
Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lift the ban, I have seen Keith on here for a long time selling odds and ends like many of us do. I don't think you could say he was running a business, I don't think he even has paypal.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Keith, have you been warned about your ads in the past? I don't moderate this forum but I seem to recall this being a problem in the past. I am fairly sure it was you. One can be in a home business after all. Posting across a dozen forums is a no no in any case. Do you make money on these parts? If you sell lots, is it a business? John has established small business sponsorships which are affordable for cases like yours. .
Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
jackpine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Keith951
My mike951 is a paid member account.. so I should be intitled to sell and buy.

Same with my older brother.. and same with my Father/Mother who are trying to help pay for their 3 kids educations.. especially having 2 in college at the same time.

Thanks,
Keith
Well there you go. You think you are "intitled", and your family's personal situation, among other things, entitles you to skirt the policy on selling parts.

I wasn't going to bring up the Entitlement issue here, but since you brought it up...

The folks who are paying $125 monthly Sponsorship fees *may* have kids in college too. They may need to pay for a new roof on their shop. Do those circumstances Entitle them to sell a load of parts at regular $18 annual Membership prices? No. Do they cross-post throughout the entire site? No. They don't do those things because they read the Agreement section pertaining to Classifieds.

You believe your $18 membership entitles you to sell a load of NOS parts because you're in college? I see this everyday where I work in that this new gen of kids believes they deserve the "hook up" on a silver platter, bacause they asked for it. Oh well....

I'm off the
Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Keith951
Banned

Yea I was warned about a sponsorship.. then that settled down and was fine after I explained myself to John D...and Now that I cross posted.. Which i apologize for..It has come back up agian. Another moderator claimed that I have been trying to "Slip by the radar.. But Know I am on to you" But yet agian I will say that I am not running a small business. You can look at one of my for sale threads from a year ago.. and one from last week.. and many of the same parts are on the lists. The same stuff has been in my garage for months and I am just trying to unload it. If I was running a small business I would pay for a sponsorship no problem. What I am doing is funding a hobby.. and trying to ease the financial burden of owning 5 Porsches which happen to constantly need money poured into them... Not running a business by any means.

Cross posting was wrong.. Ok so the threads were deleted.. But I do not believe that's grounds for a ban on a paying member that has been around since 2001.

And you are correct potent I do not even have a paypal

-Keith
Old 11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Keith951
Banned

Originally Posted by jackpine
Well there you go. You think you are "intitled", and your family's personal situation, among other things, entitles you to skirt the policy on selling parts.

I wasn't going to bring up the Entitlement issue here, but since you brought it up...

The folks who are paying $125 monthly Sponsorship fees *may* have kids in college too. They may need to pay for a new roof on their shop. Do those circumstances Entitle them to sell a load of parts at regular $18 annual Membership prices? No. Do they cross-post throughout the entire site? No. They don't do those things because they read the Agreement section pertaining to Classifieds.

You believe your $18 membership entitles you to sell a load of NOS parts because you're in college? I see this everyday where I work in that this new gen of kids believes they deserve the "hook up" on a silver platter, bacause they asked for it. Oh well....

I'm off the
Well I dont have a shop I could have put the money towards...The arugument I am trying to say is not that I can not afford a sponsorship.. it is that what I am doing should not entitle me to purchase one.. because I am not putting together some sort of highly organized parts distrubution system.. Im just trying to get rid of the same stuff that has been sitting aorund for months. I have said many times that if I was running a business I would purchase a "Business sponsorship" But since That is not what I am doing.. I believe the $18 membership free is substantial and I should be able to practice my right to post for sale ads just like many other members that only have the $18 membership do. I have seen numerous other threads about parts cars, and lists of parts for sale just as extensive as mine, with people that are only "members" not "sponsors"

In my case i believe that What pissed the moderators off was the cross posting.. so they decided to just throw this sponsorship deal in there as well to justify their case even more.

I already apologized about the x-posting thing.. and do not believe that is grounds for a ban.

I was unaware that there was even a member to member classifieds before this. I always just used the scroll on the left side to find different forums.. not the main forum index.. and the member to member classifieds is not on the left side scroll.. I just found out there is a member to member classifieds and a rennlist recycler the other day..

-Keith
Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

"You believe your $18 membership entitles you to sell a load of NOS parts because you're in college? I see this everyday where I work in that this new gen of kids believes they deserve the "hook up" on a silver platter, bacause they asked for it. Oh well...."

and stay the hell off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how much time I'd waste defending yourself against some people. They aren't going to see it your way no matter how much you explain it.

And parting cars is such a pleasant way to make up some extra cash anyway.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Sorry to hear about your ban Keith, why don't you just become a sponsor? Maybe Rennlist should have at least given you the option before banning you.

Lets face it, you are selling a lot of parts, not just the occasional post, you post parts for sale at least once a week, could be reposts, but still, this forum must save you a fortune on fleebay fees.

I have bought parts from you in the past, like buying parts from fellow Rennlisters, I have even sold the occasional part here. But, if I was selling on a weekly basis there would be a point where my conscience would say I need to pay these guys a little more for letting me do this.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I have to say I agree with Keith951... He doesn't seem to be selling any more parts then a few other members on the board that have the standard membership.

I do think crossposting is a little excessive, but at the same time we have post ****** (15+ posts a day) of meaningless crap...not that I have a problem with that.. but they don't get banned .. even in some cases they get a lifetime membership! At least parts will help someone get their car back on the road / nicer condition for less then a new part

As much as I love rennlist (I've been here over 6 years, a third of my life!) I get sick of all this holier then thou "rennlist member" BS. It used to be anyone can sell stuff.. then it was members only.. now its sponsors only. It's a great way of killing the community...and driving up the cost of used parts.

unrelated but even worse is when I see a member post how "non-members" are somehow lower class and don't have the right to their opinion...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
ExitWound
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will stand next to Keith. He's a legit seller who is selling his extra parts at decent prices to people like me who need spare windshields and such and don't want to go to a dealer. He's been key to my car getting back on the road.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Keith951
Banned

Originally Posted by gina.kane
Sorry to hear about your ban Keith, why don't you just become a sponsor? Maybe Rennlist should have at least given you the option before banning you.

Lets face it, you are selling a lot of parts, not just the occasional post, you post parts for sale at least once a week, could be reposts, but still, this forum must save you a fortune on fleebay fees.

I have bought parts from you in the past, like buying parts from fellow Rennlisters, I have even sold the occasional part here. But, if I was selling on a weekly basis there would be a point where my conscience would say I need to pay these guys a little more for letting me do this.
Yea it is mostly the same stuff.. All the stuff I have is from either the 87 red NA I had, Or the gold 944 Turbo.. Alot of it is the same post just bumped back to the front page. if that Is a problem, I can slow down with the bumping And just allow it to be bumped when other people respond.. But sometimes it gets a few pages back and they chances of someone browsing that deep back into the forum is very unlikely.

I read the forum guidlines and came up with the following:

POSTING PARTS/CARS FOR SALE OR PARTS/CARS WANTED

If you want to post model-related items or cars for sale here, or request parts or cars wanted to buy, you MUST be a paid Rennlist Member.

Please include a detailed description and the asking price in all For Sale posts.

Any 'For Sale' and 'Parts Wanted' posts by non-members, or by Members with no asking price, "Best Offer", "Make an Offer", "Highest Offer over $xx", "Email for Details and Price", etc. will be removed without notice.

OK, now that's settled, here's some additional suggestions:

Create a detailed post with pics of the item for sale in the Members Classified forum:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ysprune=&f=136

Then, post a For Sale thread in the model-specific forum with a simple description of the item and a link to the detailed post in the Classified forum. Ask that non-Members PM you for additional details.

By posting in the Classified forum, other Members with other models will also see your item when they would not have seen it in the model forum. For example, a set of turbo twist wheels you want to sell will fit several other Porsche models.

We encourage you to sell to Members first, but realize that there are many non-Members who may also want your item.

While not mandatory, we also encourage Member pricing, i.e. a discount price when sold to another Member.

By targeting your sales to other Members, the Rennlist Admins can step in and provide assistance in the event that a transaction goes bad - they have all pertinent info for Members, but non-Members are completely anonymous.

Posting Links to eBay Auctions

If you want to post your ebay link here, post a Buy it Now (BIN) price that you will sell it for.

If you get a taker here, you must end the auction early and sell it to the Rennlister at the BIN price.

Finally - it is extremely bad form to jump into someone's For Sale thread and post a similar item that you too have for sale. Show some courtesy and get a friggin' clue.

In my case of the cross posting incident.. I posted the main for sale post in the "general" forum because I was unaware of the member to member classifieds. I then Crossposted this link in each technical forum.. 911. 928.. 996.. 997.. boxster.. this forum.. ect... Now that I am reading this.. it seems that's kind of along the idea of what I was supposed to do? Someone correct me If I am looking at this wrong. The only mistake I made was not posting it in the member to member classifieds?

And if some of you are wondering why all the other model stuff.. My friends dad is a retired porsche mechanic and had a stash of parts in his garage.. He finally decided to let go of it so I ended up buying the whole lot of stuff for a lump sum.. am planning to use alot of the stuff between my familys 5 cars.. then break even or even a little ahead on what I payed by selling the 911/993/996/997/boxster stuff.. ect..

And even though the list looks big..it is alot of small parts.. I can take a picture of all 4 boxes of the stuff and show you its really not some huge lot of stuff. Just a rare one time opertunity to get my hands on some new OEM stuff still in the box.. Which im sure lots of people in the community would love to have since I have no need for alot of it.

-Keith
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Markota
I do think crossposting is a little excessive, but at the same time we have post ****** (15+ posts a day) of meaningless crap...not that I have a problem with that.. but they don't get banned .. even in some cases they get a lifetime membership!
LOL, so true...sad but true.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Shabba
Racer

I don't think Keith is trying to slip under the radar nor does he come across as someone with an entitlement issue. To ban him for cross posting before a legitimate warning seems excessive. I'm currently negotiating some parts from him and think that supporting him in his hobby encourages him to be a more active and positive Porsche community member, especially considering he is so young. While some people may say issues like this prepare him for the world outside of college, I think it's unneccesary and has the potential to spoil his taste for the community in the future.

Give him a break...sheesh.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Markota
I do think crossposting is a little excessive, but at the same time we have post ****** (15+ posts a day) of meaningless crap...not that I have a problem with that.. but they don't get banned .. even in some cases they get a lifetime membership!
How do you say 'Ouch' in Spanish?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
ANDRÜ
Advanced

Keith, Im on your side. Have you been warned by any admins in the past? I read the term of agreement and found that your account can be terminated or banned at any time for any reason, but this would only help to set in stone the overall attitude of many members on this forum. Im getting real sick of the whole membership bull **** of this forum. Non members are treated like scum...because they dont pay the "premium" others pay. Admins are willing to ban usefull members who have provided parts and whatnot to other members. I dont think Ill be renewing my membership come experation, I just dont see where the money is going. There certainly is a wealth of info here, but non paying members have access to it as well. End rant.

According to the "rules", you are entitled to buy and sell in the forums, just like everyone else, just like me, another 18 year old college student.

Quick Reply: Got Banned.. Need Some Support