Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NNJ/NY Metro DE/Track day????

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

looked quickly on NNJR and could not find more on 1/20...but I did find this!
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only current information regarding the 2008 Mid-Winter track event is in NNJR's monthly magazine, Porscheforus.

Here's the ad:
Mind-Winter Track Event
Noon to 4pm
The Villa, Mountain Lakes
973-335-5300

Have you considered participating in NNJR's Driver Education events but have not yet had the opportunity to do so? Or, maybe you have some questions: Will I like it? Will I hurt my Porsche? What is expected of me? Who are the instructors and how do they teach me? What do I have to do to my Porsche to participate? If you have any of these questions or others, this event is for you!

During lunch, you will have the opportunity to discuss the program one-on-one with an NNJR instructor seated at your table. After lunch, we will discuss the operation of a Driver Ed event concentrating on what you need (or want) to know as a participant. We will also discuss some of the fundamental concepts of performance driving such as turning, braking, and accelerating properly as well as the vocabulary used to describe track driving. Finally, video tapes from some of our events will be shown.

This will be our fourteenth annual seminar to introduce the concepts behind NNJR's Driver Education Program (a series of high performance driving schools conducted at race track facilities in the Northeast -- it is not a racing school!!) It is open to all NNJR members who have not participated in an NNJR Driver's Education event and who have not attended a previous NNJR Mid-Winter Track Event.

Stable Energies will attend with a variety of helmets, driving gloves, safety devices..etc. which they will be happy to demonstrate (and sell!) to attendees. If you have questions about the fit and sizing of helmets, this will be a good opportunity to get them answered.

Registratoin Fee is $15 per person, includes:
Seminar
Lunch
$10 coupon toward any 2008 NNJR Driver Education event

Registration is limited to 100 attendees, and pre-registration is required. NNJR Members only, plesae.
Make Driver Ed a family affiar - bring your family or affiliate member!

Please send in your registration now (a check payable to NNJR-PCA along with a note containing your name(s) address, telephone number and E-mail address).

Bob Michaelson
184 Kinnelon Road
Kinnelon, NJ 07405.

The Villa is located at 90 Route 46 East, Mountain Lakes, NJ.
-Z-man.

PS: Yeah, that's me in the picture above...
Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Track dates and info for Pocono I came in Porscheforus on Monday....I'll post the info here sometime later today in detail but it's April 5/6....SAVE THE DATE!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK....HERE"S THE SCOOP:

From Porscheforus - January 2008:

POCONO I DRIVER EDUCATION

WHEN: SATURDAY & SUNDAY APRIL 5 & 6

WHO: OPENED TO ALL PCA MEMBERS

FEE: STUDENT $210; SOLO DRIVER $185; INSTRUCTOR $75

* No refunds after March 27 and No partial (one-day) registrations accepted

MANDATORY TECH INSPECTION : TBD

I am going to plan to attend both the luncheon Z-Man noted above as well as this track event...which will be a push for me (few things to get done on the car and still need a helmet and fire extinguisher to go on the bracket I got from TomR (thanks again!!!) )...

Who's in? Let's get a good showing of newbie rennlist guys...if you're not a PCA Member...this is a great reason to join!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends if the car is ready by then. Isnt Hersey swapmeet that day?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Mike Frye
Craic Head
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy New Year Joe,

You should cross-post this in the DE forum. I didn't see it because I only occasionally lurk around here.

Were you at the GTG at Cubby's? I think I was there (I was at a GTG in November, just don't remember the name of the place). On the fun run I was 3rd in line behind Kevin in his S/C Euro 928, then Reno in his Turbo. (mine was the grey 928).

I'm up for a Rennlist DE day. I've never done one and I'm planning to hit the new track down in Millville this fall. Going to Pocono in the early spring sounds AWESOME!

*subscribing to thread*
Old 01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Carlos

Swap is April 26th.

Mike...

Yes...I was in the back of the pack going thru 7 lakes drive....I will cross post tonight!

best'

Joe
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 PM
philcav7
Racer

Do I have to take my car somewhere for the tech inspection prior to the event?
How does this process work?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

impression I get is that YES...there will be a tech inspection required ahead of time...but the place has not yet been determined.

I will find out more at the 1/20 meeting and post back....unless Z-man wants to answer.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by philcav7
Do I have to take my car somewhere for the tech inspection prior to the event?
How does this process work?
You have two options --
1. Take it to the scheduled tech -- this is typically 2 weeks prior to the event at one of the shops that is a supporter of NNJR. Last year, the tech for Pocono I was held at Paul Miller Porsche in Parsippany, NJ. This tech is free to all participants, and besides getting your car looked at by the NNJR tech crew, you have the opportunity to socialize with P-car lovers!

2. Take the NNJR tech form (available on the website) to any of the NNJR sponsors (IE: shops that advertize in our magazine, Porscheforus, as well as the folks liked in the "visit our friends" section of the NNJR website. (www.nnjr-pca.com). They will do the tech, but it will probably cost about a 1/2 hour's labor.

3. If you are out of region, or too far from an NNJR approved shop, you can take it to a shop that your PCA region has authorized to do track tech inspections. Just take the NNJR tech form to them and have them fill it out. If your region doesn't have such a list, then you can take your car to a Porsche dealership and have them do a tech inspection.

If you chose option 2 or 3, this should be done about 2 weeks prior to the event. (This allows some time to make repairs incase you fail tech)

And BTW, I was the track tech co-chair for 3 years.

-Z-man.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:43 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for clarifying Z!

Here's the NNJR PCA track schedule for the season...

Scheduled Driver's Education Events

Dates Event Fee
4/4 Pocono North DE -
4/5-4/6 Pocono I DE
5/5-5/6 Summit Point DE
6/6-6/8 Mid Ohio DE
6/27 Pocono North DE - Ladies' Day/Upper Run Group Day
6/28-6/29 Pocono II DE
7/25-7/27 Mosport DE
7/28-7/29 Calabogie DE
8/15-8/17 Watkins Glen I DE
9/5-9/7 Thunderbolt DE
9/13-9/14 Porscherama DE
9/22-9/23 Watkins Glen II DE
10/18-10/19 Shenandoah DE
11/7-11/9 VIR DE
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
philcav7
Racer

Thanks for the info, I hope to make it to a few events this summer.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys

The Mid-Winter Track event (a lunch meeting explaining DE) is this sunday the 20th. I sent in my check and just got my confirmation...so I'll hopefully get a good education this weekend!

Is anyone else going???

Joe
Old 01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just a brief update to this thread.

I attended the NNJR Mid-winter event today and WOW! I was very impressed. I am more excited than I was before to DE....and I think I'll hit an Auto-X or two this summer as well.

Zoltan...nice meeting you and thanks for the advice! Hope to see you again at the next event.

I learned alot about DE and what's involved.....I think I am going to enjoy this...someone call the bank...tell them to lock my accounts!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by J Berk
Zoltan...nice meeting you and thanks for the advice! Hope to see you again at the next event.
Nice to have met you too, Joe.

Sounds to me like the DE addiction is strong in you -- only remedy will be generous amounts of track time!

-Z-man.

Quick Reply: NNJ/NY Metro DE/Track day????