Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More random drive pics 56k die

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
nh7cy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More random drive pics 56k die

The first set of pictures are from the Fairfax-Bolinas Road yet again. Took them on the first rain. Some pictures of the car, some pictures of the road, some pictures of the scenery. Decided to go on a mid-October early Halloween spooky run. Top of the hill (Mt. Tamalpais) was too foggy to see anywhere (as you'll see). The woods were misty and the drive was nice.

Second set of pictures are from a recent trip up to Mendocino, didn't take too many here, I was enjoying the drive waay too much, Highway One down the Sonoma/Mendocino coast is amazing. Only problem was the right front Koni coming off just outside of Cloverdale. It was fixed annoyingly enough with a $125 jack that I had to buy because the local auto parts store didn't have one I could borrow.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
cie_lab
Billowing in the Wind
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing that Jason. The PacNW is terrific I've driven on those roads. Really great. Would love to do it again someday in a p-car.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason

Thanks for sharing. When the fog burns off your pics would be spectacular.
How about some pics of the windy roads down to Stinson Beach on your next drive.
Glad your shocking event wasn't near one of those curvy guardrail-less curves.
"At least you're enjoying the ride"
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM
nh7cy
Three Wheelin'

Thanks! Yeah that Koni coming loose was a bit hair raising, lucky it happened on a straight stretch of 101. I hit a bump too hard, heard a loud THUNK and the steering wheel turned left about 45 degrees this was at around 80mph so it was nonetheless "shocking". The worst part was I had intended to check those bolts before I left but it somehow slipped my mind during my pre-trip inspection. I went down to Stinson the other day with the intent on taking the pictures you're asking for but when I reached for my camera I realized that I had forgotten it which was really annoying as it was a really nice day for pictures. I'll probably go down there again on Monday and take a few, I agree, I love that scenery.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

so what happened, just that main nut that threads on top of the insert backed off? It looks like you lost a nut on the upper strut bearing, too?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:43 PM
nh7cy
Three Wheelin'

The nut came off, luckily it stuck around in the engine bay, as far as I noticed, everything else was still there. The big metal washer thing that the nut bolts on to fell off though, luckily the auto parts store I stopped at had a decent replacement for it so I had everything fixed and back on the road in no time. Seems like my car will need a realignment though so its not all over yet.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Little OT, but do you find the gap between the header panel and bumper to be annoying? Or is it just something you can easily ignore. Damn I love that turbo bumper look..
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 PM
ccaarmerciill
Rennlist Member

hey man these are hte roads i love man, Marin county along the coast, fairfax and panoramic highway. A bit more enjoyable when its dry out. I need to get a photo shoot on a nice sunny day up there, or maybe some video clips through the twisties.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:08 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice pics, Jason! Be careful though, those roads look drenched! Next time I'm in town we should try to squeeze in a drive.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:47 PM
nh7cy
Three Wheelin'

Hey Arash, that would be awesome. Ccaarmerciill, I love those roads when its sunny out but I couldn't help going out when it started raining. It was a completely different road after that. Gotta love these cars, didn't slide once!

CameronKame, the gap between the header panel and the bumper drives me absolutely nuts. I just have to find a day with enough free time to cut off the welded on n/a panel, just that my only free days have been so nice I ended up going out on drives instead. I procrastinate way too much.

Quick Reply: More random drive pics 56k die