Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright Borys...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alright Borys...

I KNOW you have pics of your new turbo... ya know, the one you flew to Jacksonville for? drove back all day and got home to Chicago this morning....

The one you kept text messaging me about how much you loved boost and it made you wish you'd never owned a 928...

Lets see pics... and get the rundown on the story...
Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
I KNOW you have pics of your new turbo... ya know, the one you flew to Jacksonville for? drove back all day and got home to Chicago this morning....

The one you kept text messaging me about how much you loved boost and it made you wish you'd never owned a 928...

Lets see pics... and get the rundown on the story...
We already know that everyone likes 951's more than 928's, but I assume you meant to put 924?

Anyway, we demand pics!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Lets leave the 928 out of this guys haha.....

Anyway, I drove into chitown around 8:30 this morning and I had to be at work at noon.

I still needed to go to the DMV and transfer my plates and I really wanted to fix my sunroof, so I still haven't slept.....
I didn't take any pics like last time since this was a 1-man kamikaze style mission, but I promise I will take pics of the car and get them up tomorrow morning.

Here is my original thread, with pics from the ebay auction.
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/371387-boost-here-i-come.html

And now I can break down some of my expectations, etc that I wrote about in the other thread.

Good
-It has Cup II wheels, there are spacers on front and rear but the front spacers are tiny so I think I will move the rear spacers to the front and get fatter ones for the rear since there is still more room.
-The Lindsey exhaust is SICK!!! The car growls and snarls like no other!!!
-Russ (PO) set the boost controller for me and I never touched it, it was boosting around 16 psi and still going before I pulled off.
-The body is straight, it has lots of little chips and nicks, but nothing I can't touch up.
-The suspension is Koni Yellow, but the pass front side squeeks so I have to check it out.

Probably Bad:
-The white face guages are really not my style, especially the the speedo and tach are yellowed while the other two are white. I WILL be going back to stock.
-MOMO steering wheel. Again, not my style. It feels suprisingly good, but its FUGLY imho and I will ditch it soon enough as well for another momo or something better. And oh yeah the turn signals don't cancel. ANNOYING!
-MOMO shift ***. Thrice FUGLY. I already ditched it and put a nice stock **** that I need to recover in.
-And yes, as you can see below, it has a cone filter sucking off the AFM. Stock airbox enroute via Tom R.

Bad
-Like I sad above, the body has lots of nicks and chips but I'm not disappointed in any way.

Here is the stuff I found that I want to mention:
-The interior needs a lot of work. The dash is cracked and has loose pieces. The glovebox randomly flies open going over bumps. The door panels are sagging and I will probably ditch them. The carpets except for the rear hatch are in good shape. I already swapped the sunroof headliner, sunroof motor cover and will take the rear panels out of the 924S and swap them over. The seats are good shape, dirty, and the driver's side has some cracking that I hope I can get repaired.
-The engine runs very very strong, clutch feels great, brakes are awesome. The engine bay is rather messy and dirty, and the first thing on my list is to pull off the intake, Venturi delete if not done, vacuum hose kit from Lindsey, General tune up with new plugs, wires, cap, etc. I want to powdercoat the Intercooler pipes red to match the intake and cam tower.
-The car is very solid, great car that has been taken care of mechanically. I drove straight from JAX to CHI without skipping a beat.
-I will also swap in the starter and alternator from my 924S since the starter is a 951 one anyway and its recently rebuilt, and the one in the 951 has that loud whine and doesn't turn over cleanly. The alternator squeels like a pig when its raining (today) under load (lights,defog).

OVERALL I still feel this car was a steal for $4500.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did get a steal. Don't forget to replace or check throughly the fuel lines! Don't want to lose that deal already. Whats up with the AFM cover?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Fuel Lines----will do.

The AFM cover has sticker residue on it....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Nice! good work!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

And oh yeah, the rear hatch is seperated so bad at the top when I open it it goes CLUNK which is the sound of the glass hitting the frame from the force of the shocks

already got a hatch lined up from a parts car.....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Damn man, you're on it.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice Borys - welcome to the boost addiction
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by billthe3
We already know that everyone likes 951's more than 928's, but I assume you meant to put 924?
Absolutely not. I still have my 924S and love it to death! they're awesome cars, though kinda slow... (but faster than a 944 N/A... and a Prelude ricer with a fart cannon apparently... I know, shocked me too...)
Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

sorry guys no pics its still raining

Quick Reply: Alright Borys...