Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you see a "POORSH" from NY in Denver say Hi to me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_v
i live in highlands ranch right now, and its alright, just kinda boring. the HOAs are stupid strict, and some of the people are pretty full of themselves. ...[/url]
cheers,
chris
My wife is a JAP. they people cant be more full of themselves than the princesses here on long island!

a broker i spoke to told me cherry creek schools are the best in the state and that i should look at greenwood village, englewood, and centennial.

may shift to there if he is correct.

he guestimated that a 3br house in those neighborhoods should run between 1500 and 2500 a month.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow Tom, should be a breath of fresh mountain air for all of you! Good luck!

Convertible, in Colorado?? Makes no sense to me! Glad you are keeping the S2 (for now anyway)! We have to meet up so I can give you your rear rotors!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AndyK
Wow Tom, should be a breath of fresh mountain air for all of you! Good luck!

Convertible, in Colorado?? Makes no sense to me! Glad you are keeping the S2 (for now anyway)! We have to meet up so I can give you your rear rotors!
i will email you tonight from home. My brother is using my corolla this week, and his office is across the street from me. maybe tomorrow i will take the path to you during lunch and then toss em in the car. if not tomorrow then one day next week. I can probably also just grab the car from him and drive to you, then throw it in the lot.

i think it is easier for me to do it during the day because of traffic. what about you, is it a PITA if i meet you by the path train?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Tay-Tay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
my volants are brand new man. I used them maybe five days. I have another pair of skis that were amazing and i cant remember the name that instantly became rock skis when i got the volants with the solomon bindings that have the arch in the middle. that equipment was the it when i got it.

I got the other set at kennys double diamond at vail in the summer. they were demo rentals. when I took em to a shop in killington to get tuned the guy there went nuts. he knew the brand, and the guy that designed them. the designer was the guy that invented the shaped ski. they are a small company in utah, and they were made in austria i think. i never saw anyone with a set of them until i was at alpine meadows. a couple had the same skis. I put mine in the same rack and when they saw a third pair almost peed themselves.
Sorry, when I see 8 year old skis they have about 150+ days on them. I'm sure they'll be good to you.

Taylor
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom, you should consider a Subaru -- a WRX would be a nice addition to your stable!

Funny thing -- Mrs. Z-man and I will be in Denver the week of August 6th on vacation.

-Z-man.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
Tom, you should consider a Subaru -- a WRX would be a nice addition to your stable!

Funny thing -- Mrs. Z-man and I will be in Denver the week of August 6th on vacation.

-Z-man.
The 951 left on saturday, the Miata leaves tonight. I want a convertible with a back seat.
I drove two V70s and they made me feel older than I am.
I drove a 2004 9-3 automatic and it made me feel about my age.
I then drove home in my Miata and it made me feel younger than I am.

the compromise is a saab. I would rather have a BMW but I dont want RWD and a plastic rear window as a daily driver. Jill has her AWD rendezvous.

i got one quote from a NY dealer. Only $466 a month and $2,365 down for a 27 month 10k a year lease on a car with a msrp of 41,615. Thats only 14500 to use it two years. i may have to try a G6 and see how i can deal with an automatic, or look for a nice low mileage used one out there.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom - Saab has problems with electronics on par with new Benz's. Beware! A guy who works for me hates his 9-3.

I am driving in to work on Friday - I can meet you by the PATH in Jersey City if you can make it. Let me know. Otherwise, I can leave them at work and meet you next week sometime?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Andy,
i am visiting jills 100yo grandmother on friday, coming back monday. if it isnt a pain to bring em in to work, i will get to the other side of the river next week.
thanks again.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Man, I haven't even met ya Tom..even though I've been to your house (nice S2!) Will you be at any upcoming gtgs (are there any?)

thanks again for hanging onto those wheels, its a shame they won't work
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom, look towards Ken Caryl Ranch... it's a great area, it's where I live, and the people are more laid back than in highlands ranch (HR reminds people of the 'burbs of LA... and I DEFINATELY see that... KCR is just that... great community.) with less HOA intrusion. it's about 7 miles west of HR, and therefore about a mile from the foot hills. it's in Jefferson County, which in the past the schools sucked, but they've turned around 180 degrees. not to mention, KCR is unincorporated jefferson county, therefore sales tax is a WHOPPING 4%... that'll help a hell of a lot when you get that Saab.

And don't worry about a convertible in Colorado... we have more than 300 sunny days a year here.

Finally, the race track IS a country club type thing... You need to be a member of the PCA, SCCA, BMWCCA, NASA, or RMVR to use it. details found at www.highplainsraceway.com
Old 07-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man

-Z-man.
Damn, I'd invite you for a beer and some driving tips if I weren't going to 944fest.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Andy,
i am visiting jills 100yo grandmother on friday, coming back monday. if it isnt a pain to bring em in to work, i will get to the other side of the river next week.
thanks again.
They should just fit into the "trunk" of the 996! We can meet up in JC next week sometime.

Regards to granny!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AndyK
They should just fit into the "trunk" of the 996! We can meet up in JC next week sometime.

Regards to granny!
i will get my brother's schedule. I am thinking that the easiest thing (for me) is to have him call me when he is coming into the city, have him pull up in front of the building and give me the car. i drive to you, pick up the rotors, drive back, and put the car in the lot, then give him the ticket.

that gets them five miles from my house. if there is a place to park in JC I can take you to lunch.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Tom, look towards Ken Caryl Ranch... it's a great area, it's where I live, and the people are more laid back than in highlands ranch (HR reminds people of the 'burbs of LA... and I DEFINATELY see that... KCR is just that... great community.) with less HOA intrusion. it's about 7 miles west of HR, and therefore about a mile from the foot hills. it's in Jefferson County, which in the past the schools sucked, but they've turned around 180 degrees. not to mention, KCR is unincorporated jefferson county, therefore sales tax is a WHOPPING 4%... that'll help a hell of a lot when you get that Saab.

And don't worry about a convertible in Colorado... we have more than 300 sunny days a year here.

Finally, the race track IS a country club type thing... You need to be a member of the PCA, SCCA, BMWCCA, NASA, or RMVR to use it. details found at www.highplainsraceway.com
that isnt a country club track. there are some tracks where you have to be a member of the track. initiation is something like 100K. do a google news on lime rock, or a search in the racing forum to see what i mean.

thanks for the housing info. it gets a little more complicated when jill throws the religion into the pot, which limits the places she wants to live. she wants a diverse area, but doesnt want to be a minority.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Damn, I'd invite you for a beer and some driving tips if I weren't going to 944fest.
I just HAD to schedule my vacation at the same time as 944fest...

Quick Reply: If you see a "POORSH" from NY in Denver say Hi to me!