Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you see a "POORSH" from NY in Denver say Hi to me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
chris_v
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're cool you'll race with us here in the mountains.
you are cool right?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 75ohm
Load up on the Clinton/Obama/Edwards '08 stickers on your way... you're going to need them for self preservation.
You have Denver confused with Boulder.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by patrat
You have Denver confused with Boulder.
By Jove, you are right, Pat. My apologies...

In any case, Tom, don't forget to say hello to Ward Churchill for me if you swing by Boulder! Jeez.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Tom

Wish you and your family all the best in Denver! Any time before you go that you might be in a Cubby's mood I'd be in as well!

best

Joe
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
GTSilver944
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm moving to Denver in September. We'll have to have a 944 get together.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I look foward to meeting you Tom! I'll buy the first round... if we get together on a payday, I'll get the first round for anyone who shows up.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom, Where in Denver will you be living?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Wow,
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Here is a brief update. I sold the 951 this past saturday to a rennlister or two. We put the konis in the S2 on sunday, and I bought a set of recaro srds and a 30mmfront sway bar for it.

I sold the miata last night, and the guy picks it up tonight. That means the S2 becomes my daily driver when we ship the Rendezvous out to my sister in fort morgan, and Jill drives the Corolla for a few weeks.

When we leave, my buddy is buying the corolla, and the S2 gets shipped.

When I get there I plan on stopping into a Saab dealer after my first day of work and leasing a 9-3 convertible with a manual transmission.

I looked at a web site for houses and highlands ranch seems OK to start at. The big thing is school districts, and we are not church people. we may look for a house to rent around there, although i wanted originally to go more west. but commuting every day with the sun in my eyes both ways is making me think north or south would be better. My office is in downtown.

The deal I have with Jill is one year. If she is unhappy after a year i will get a transfer back. I am looking for a six month lease since I am pretty confident she will want to buy after three months!

I will become part of PCA out there, and NASA. I'm not spending about a grand to ship a car out there for it to sit!!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Tay-Tay
Instructor

You and your family will love it out here. If you need ski/snowboard gear let me know.

...and the roads are great.

...and we're getting a new track next year, east of Denver.

...on and on.

Taylor
Old 07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Tay-Tay
Instructor

Originally Posted by GTSilver944
I'm moving to Denver in September. We'll have to have a 944 get together.

We do need a GTG, hopefully we have one between now and Sept, see you then.

Taylor

Last edited by Tay-Tay; 07-25-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tay-Tay
You and your family will love it out here. If you need ski/snowboard gear let me know.

...and the roads are great.

...and we're getting a new track next year, east of Denver.

...on and on.

Taylor
I have my Volant's from 99 that have not been used in 5 years. Cant wait to use em again. My daughter is going to need equipment. She is going to be one of those five year old bombers that knock spazez like me over.

I hope this new track is not a country club members only track. details, details please.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Tay-Tay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom R.
I have my Volant's from 99 that have not been used in 5 years. Cant wait to use em again. My daughter is going to need equipment. She is going to be one of those five year old bombers that knock spazez like me over.

I hope this new track is not a country club members only track. details, details please.
Sounds like you could use some new skis Get in touch when you get up, I could get you and your daughter in some equipment cheep, or rentals.

Now for the fun part highplainsraceway

Taylor
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

I have a set of Rossignols that are older than my NA... if you need them! 195's with salomon bindings...
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tay-Tay
Sounds like you could use some new skis Get in touch when you get up, I could get you and your daughter in some equipment cheep, or rentals.

Now for the fun part highplainsraceway

Taylor
my volants are brand new man. I used them maybe five days. I have another pair of skis that were amazing and i cant remember the name that instantly became rock skis when i got the volants with the solomon bindings that have the arch in the middle. that equipment was the it when i got it.

I got the other set at kennys double diamond at vail in the summer. they were demo rentals. when I took em to a shop in killington to get tuned the guy there went nuts. he knew the brand, and the guy that designed them. the designer was the guy that invented the shaped ski. they are a small company in utah, and they were made in austria i think. i never saw anyone with a set of them until i was at alpine meadows. a couple had the same skis. I put mine in the same rack and when they saw a third pair almost peed themselves.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 PM
chris_v
Instructor

i live in highlands ranch right now, and its alright, just kinda boring. the HOAs are stupid strict, and some of the people are pretty full of themselves. Its a good 30 minutes to downtown, longer in traffic. When i get married next year i plan on moving to golden which is west and north of highlands ranch, its within minutes of hiking and biking, a little cheaper, and within 15 minutes of downtown. I would also look into littleton, thats where i grew up, its smack in between highlands ranch and golden.

IMO highplainsraceway seems like a good idea that wont be executed cause it lacks the funding. Genoa motorsports is another track in the works, and though im skeptical seems more promising.

Either way come to some NASA DE's so we can get you hooked and join the W2W'ers
www.nasarockymountain.com
cheers,
chris

Quick Reply: If you see a "POORSH" from NY in Denver say Hi to me!