Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying a 996 C2!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Andy
The car is in garden city. we looked at it over the summer. it is black with gray/black. immaculate. only one scratch about two inches long under the spoiler over the motor.

if you want i will try to find the guys phone number, maybe he still has it.rest assured, his is not the only one out there. there are plenty of under 30k mile cars for under $40k.

As for me, I am going to pick up a cayman s for $25k with 25k miles on it in another year or so. someone i know just traded in his 01 boxster s with a bunch of options including heated seats. car had 25k miles on it (a lot track but dealer didnt know) and he got 19k on the trade.
MUST have a silver w/black full leather C2! Was that a private party ad from the local paper, or what? I bet in the summer, more people sell their cars, so more will be on the market.

And I am guessing a Cayman S will not depreciate as much as a standard Boxster S.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
Andy - will this P-car also NOT see any track or AX? Shame to have such a wonderful piece of machinery and NOT use it for what it is intended for...

-Z

PS: Cue Damian (aka "wax good - cones bad") in 3..2..1..
Sadly, my future 996 will not see any track or Ax. Replacing 911 parts is even MORE expensive! Tires and brakes alone are a fortune. Plus, I like owning and driving these cars, not competing and putting wear and tear on them!

Damian - I'm NOT crazy, tell him!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyK
Sadly, my future 996 will not see any track or Ax. Replacing 911 parts is even MORE expensive! Tires and brakes alone are a fortune. Plus, I like owning and driving these cars, not competing and putting wear and tear on them!

Damian - I'm NOT crazy, tell him!
Well in that case, may I suggest a nice used Toyota Camry? Cheaper to maintain, and if you plan on driving a 996 at 1/10th of it's potential, then you might as well get a Camry instead...

And while I'm bashing fellow local Rennlisters, if Damian is finished with his wax job, I have some furniture that needs some polishing. (My counter-motto to Damian: furniture is for waxing - cars are for driving.)

-Z-man.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

You mean riding my sofa down the freeway is wrong?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

996 is awesome. I miss mine but had to sell it. If you can swing it get an 02+. The RMS issue is a little overrated. When under warranty Porsche would replace a lot of the engines for oil leaks. People think that an oil leak in a 996 means instant engine replacement...not so. This was the case also with the Boxster. The only thing that bothered me at first was that the car has a lot of understeer that took some getting used to. With a good allignment I was able to take care of most of that. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a 996 C2!