Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MaxTune Screenshots

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:59 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MaxTune Screenshots

This is bleedover from another thread, decided to start a new one since MaxTune is hitting the market tomorrow.

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
Holleluya!!!!

and now more questions: what sort of user interface are you planning on using with the Maxtune? What I see as being nice would be two programs to run on a laptop, one a higher level one with the appearance like most piggyback/stand alone setups, and one that is lower level, more for tuners and gets into the nitty gritty. . . or even different tabs in the same software.

Wow, there is HUGE potential here.
Well, you have your standard config screen, allowing you to pick between Maxtronic images, and which car map to use, then Pro version of same configuration screen where you can build new car maps, fuel/timing screens, then auxillary map screen standard version where you can set rev limit, and switch fuel injector size. When you switch fuel injector size, the program makes all the necessary changes in the chip image for that injector size. And fiinally the built in hex viewer, which in the pro version is also an editor. Pro version also gives you a file mode to work on chip image files directly of any type you want to build a map for.

These screenshots are a couple of weeks old, final product will differ slightly as I make better use of the available form real estate.

EDIT: Okay I messed up the screenshot order, pro version config is the last one.
Attached Images      
Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 PM
pozican
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I'm still blown away -- Can't wait to see it on my own computer

BTW -- You have a PM at maxhpkit.com
Old 02-28-2007, 09:36 PM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pozican
Wow, I'm still blown away -- Can't wait to see it on my own computer

BTW -- You have a PM at maxhpkit.com

ditto
Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Man, I'm really wanting that.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

Looks cool, how much?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Man, this would make an AWESOME demo at/if Fest 07.

SCHWING!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

That does look sick, looks alot like what the subaru guys are using to tune. I didnt follow the long *** thread about it, I would also like to know what the price is going to be on this?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:22 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm really that long winded, or if you people just have a strong aversion to reading technical information. Who here still has a flashing clock on their microwave? I'm going to put together a tutorial video, and I'll do a short version 'demo' just to go over the basic functions of tuning. This will show you more than a lot of reading will tell you. Third week of March I plan to go to Phoenix to meet up with George D. and Pauerman and I'm going to tune both their cars on the dyno with MaxTune and we'll camcord everything and put the videos on my website, and probably a few other places. Will definitely have links here. Anybody else in that area that wants to come hang out feel free, we'll get some details together soon.

MaxTune Standard (what most will need) retails for 199.00, 30 day promotion price will be 149.00. MaxTune Pro is 399.00, 30 days at 349.00. But it will be released later this month, still playing with it.

Dan P., I think the demand for the Fest is real and large enough that it is going to happen one way or another. I plan to attend, and I also am going to donate two Maxtronics, two copies of MaxTune, and two sets each of any chip I have on the market at the time. I know that will be 951, all 944NA/S/S2 and I may even be into the 968s by then because people are bugging me for them every day. And the local 911 guys have caught my scent as well. So either way, I'm going to dump a pile of goodies on you for door prizes and such.

I'll be making yet another announcement post tomorrow sometime on everything. Shorter this time, and I'm not going to ask to have it stuck because frankly I get sick of seeing me at the top of the page everytime I come here, makes me feel like forum spam. I'm hoping John D. will set up a separate area for vendors to post product announcements and info, we'll see...

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Russell, I think you are probably right re: Fest 07. As I've said, we're still working on some details. Your pledge sounds AWESOME, it will make a fabulous tech demonstration. For planning purposes, would it help you to tune if there is a portable dynojet running on site?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Russell, These shots look increadible. Good Job!

You can put me down for a MaxTune Pro (with a little stipulation: you get to spend some phone time with me to get the transfer function dialed in for a 2bar MAP sensor on the S2 or will that functionallity be in v2.0 ?) Also, is the the "load axis" aka throttle deflection, shown in the partial throttle maps applicable for cars with no throttle potentiometer? Or is the input from the AFM (or MAP) to give a true-er speed density table? If you want to do any development on the S2 with MAP input, I'll volunteer .

PS here is a link to the aforementioned thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/333734-maf-for-944-s2.html
Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
Russell, I think you are probably right re: Fest 07. As I've said, we're still working on some details. Your pledge sounds AWESOME, it will make a fabulous tech demonstration. For planning purposes, would it help you to tune if there is a portable dynojet running on site?
Hey Dan,

I was actually going to PM you and ask if the porta-dyno was going to be there this year. It would be cool to demo some tuning on it, but I don't want to tie up the dyno time because it does take some time to do a perfect tune. And as the car keeps heating up, the tune changes So you need a little cool off time between runs when you do it that way. But maybe just some tweaking to show what can be done would be okay. Lots of possible scenarios, we can talk about it. Feel free to give me a call anytime.

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 01:26 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
Russell, These shots look increadible. Good Job!

You can put me down for a MaxTune Pro (with a little stipulation: you get to spend some phone time with me to get the transfer function dialed in for a 2bar MAP sensor on the S2 or will that functionallity be in v2.0 ?) Also, is the the "load axis" aka throttle deflection, shown in the partial throttle maps applicable for cars with no throttle potentiometer? Or is the input from the AFM (or MAP) to give a true-er speed density table? If you want to do any development on the S2 with MAP input, I'll volunteer .

PS here is a link to the aforementioned thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333734
Yeah, the link to the thread this one spawned from, I knew I forgot something...

All part throttle maps are load/rpm regardless of TPS type. Until everyone learns how to use this and start helping each other, I expect I'll be spending a lot of phone time with a lot of people. But I don't mind that a bit, I love helping people. I'll most likely set up a remote control mechanism where if you can be in the car and have an internet connection at the same time I can just take over your computer and tune remotely, and show you what to do. And more importantly, what NOT to do!

As far as the transfer function goes, there is more to it than just editing a map or table. I can give you the ability to 'tweak' a transfer function I have written, but I don't think I can ever fully incorporate transfer functino re-writing in the program. But, who knows, I'll keep playing with it...

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

WOW Good timing also at least for my needs. Now I need to get bluecamaro over and show me what a laptop is...I have a lapdog but he's not very bright. Anyway that looks very promising. Are the separate maps stored on board for easily accessible use such as for different fuel, seasonal temps, and altitude changes?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
WOW Good timing also at least for my needs. Now I need to get bluecamaro over and show me what a laptop is...I have a lapdog but he's not very bright. Anyway that looks very promising. Are the separate maps stored on board for easily accessible use such as for different fuel, seasonal temps, and altitude changes?
Hey Steve,

A laptop is basically a shiney abacus. With wires. Personally I prefer stones/chisels, but they aren't linear.

8 total maps can be stored in the Maxtronic and selectable via a pushbutton switch. Maps are numbered 0-7 on the switch, with 0 being a no-start map. 7 Can be a valet map. For technical reasons when doing live tuning you have to move the map you want to tune to position 7 and select that with the switch as well. Then when finished you can move it to any position you want, and put your valet map back. If you even want a valet map. So you could have different performance and/or stock maps in any of the switch positions. You only have to hook up to the laptop when moving them around or tuning.

Oh, and happy birthday Friday.

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-01-2007, 03:03 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rberry951
Hey Steve,

A laptop is basically a shiney abacus. With wires. Personally I prefer stones/chisels, but they aren't linear.

8 total maps can be stored in the Maxtronic and selectable via a pushbutton switch. Maps are numbered 0-7 on the switch, with 0 being a no-start map. 7 Can be a valet map. For technical reasons when doing live tuning you have to move the map you want to tune to position 7 and select that with the switch as well. Then when finished you can move it to any position you want, and put your valet map back. If you even want a valet map. So you could have different performance and/or stock maps in any of the switch positions. You only have to hook up to the laptop when moving them around or tuning.

Oh, and happy birthday Friday.

Regards,
Russell
Sounds good to me. I'll be in line for the intro pricing. According to your post this evening the 951 version will be ready later this month, do you mean before midnight...damn that's good service! Yeah one more B-day, the main differences I can see is the bruises last longer and my memory gets shorter.

Quick Reply: MaxTune Screenshots