Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did something tonight with the 944 that I never thought I would do with any car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tierce
i just want to say, I hate SUV's, they're too big, gas hogs, and 95% of the time, they never carry more than 1 person. And people wonder why gas prices are going up.

If you need to carry a bunch of people, fine, do so. If you need to tow something heavy, fine, use the truck. If you're commuting to work, drive something smaller.
Hate to break it to you, but a Porsche driver ragging on SUV's is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. How many people do you routinely carry in your sportscar? How much equipment for work do you haul around in it daily.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there are some of us that need SUV's or similar-type vehicles for their job (like me) and recreational activities. Hating a group of people or their vehicles because you don't feel they are "justified" in having/driving them is just..........well........silly.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:39 PM
fork_included
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Hate to break it to you, but a Porsche driver ragging on SUV's is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. How many people do you routinely carry in your sportscar? How much equipment for work do you haul around in it daily.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there are some of us that need SUV's or similar-type vehicles for their job (like me) and recreational activities. Hating a group of people or their vehicles because you don't feel they are "justified" in having/driving them is just..........well........silly.
+1
Old 11-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tierce
i just want to say, I hate SUV's, they're too big, gas hogs, and 95% of the time, they never carry more than 1 person. And people wonder why gas prices are going up.

If you need to carry a bunch of people, fine, do so. If you need to tow something heavy, fine, use the truck. If you're commuting to work, drive something smaller.

I hate boxsters..they are for secretaries..
Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM
fork_included
Pro

Originally Posted by Eric

I hate boxsters..they are for secretaries..
buahahahahahha
Old 11-30-2006, 01:51 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's just my way of thinking that is a little backward. When I find my car pinned in by a SUV, minivan, etc. The first thing that comes to my mind is something like "man, some people just have no awareness of their surroundings", not "man, some people are just deliberate ******** who want to make my life more difficult.".

I can see no good feelings attained from doing damage to another person's property. That would never make me feel good. And if damaging other people's property makes you feel good, well, in my opinion that makes you a big douche. That's just how I feel about it.

If I felt the person intentionally pinned me to be an ***, I would confront the person about it, and let them know that they are a douche, and they need to move their vehicle before I have it towed.

I find this thread a bit disturbing guys.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:57 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fork_included
sorry

flip those two words around, hahah
No worries. I have fun on dry, unclogged onramps too- I've just never had the car spin on me in dry weather. Snow is a different story.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
fork_included
Pro

i hate snow...or ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX17H3qTOKk
Old 11-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Whitt944
Always Wears Protection
Rennlist Member

My SUV gets the same gas milage my 944 does.

When I park, I always ensure the other person has plenty of room to get into or out of their vehicle. If I find there isn't enough room, I will find another spot. I really hate it when I find door dings, scratches, or Wendy's cups, on my vehicles. I am courteous to strangers, I expect the same in return. Yeah, they are just cars, but they represent the long hard hours I worked to afford them.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rberry951
Maybe it's just my way of thinking that is a little backward. When I find my car pinned in by a SUV, minivan, etc. The first thing that comes to my mind is something like "man, some people just have no awareness of their surroundings", not "man, some people are just deliberate ******** who want to make my life more difficult.".

I can see no good feelings attained from doing damage to another person's property. That would never make me feel good. And if damaging other people's property makes you feel good, well, in my opinion that makes you a big douche. That's just how I feel about it.

If I felt the person intentionally pinned me to be an ***, I would confront the person about it, and let them know that they are a douche, and they need to move their vehicle before I have it towed.

I find this thread a bit disturbing guys.
for 28+ years i go out of my way to prevent damaging other peoples property. last night i showed the same respect to the other person that they showed to me. disturbing? yes it is.

getting to my boiling point after 28 years? yes. i had enough. now for the next 28 years I should be good.

BTW, when I sold my legend coupe in 02 to a co worker the transfer of keys took place at his body shop. He had $900 of bodywork done to the car before he made it his regular car. $900 of that body damage was done while the car was legally parked in the lines......
Old 11-30-2006, 03:16 PM
MY83944
Racer

Originally Posted by fpena944
I would never take two spots as you put yourself into a "I'm better than anyone else" category and it is an invitation for vandalism. Plus how do you know the parking lot will not fill up and your spot will be needed?
Wow, I can feel the love.

One thing you high and mighty need to understand is that I live in a small midwestern town. While that probably does not mean anything to most of you, here is my point.

Parking lots here are never full, or anywhere near it.

When I take 2 places, it effect no one, other than a few self-righteous snobs who get tweeked when I do it.

The country is wildly different in many regards.

If I took 2 places in a large metro area, I can see why some people would be miffed.

Whatever . . . .
Old 11-30-2006, 03:18 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if you live in a small midwestern town, why would it be necessary at all? If the lots really do not fill up, then you can just park way out further in the boonies, take one spot, and nobody will think that you think you are better than anyone else?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

I keep a valve stem remover in my car for just this purpose. I also go out of my way to park in an edited: end spot so I can get in my car and won't get door dings.

Last edited by bleucamaro; 11-30-2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 11-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
I also go out of my way to park in an in spot so I can get in my car and won't get door dings.
Mr too. Been doing that for 28 years. did that last night too. on my right were three open spots. On my left was a SUV on top of me and then a few empty spots.

Feel the love!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
for 28+ years i go out of my way to prevent damaging other peoples property. last night i showed the same respect to the other person that they showed to me. disturbing? yes it is.
Will you be tossing the book at yourself? Or time served? How would that work anyway?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
So if you live in a small midwestern town, why would it be necessary at all? If the lots really do not fill up, then you can just park way out further in the boonies, take one spot, and nobody will think that you think you are better than anyone else?
Stop it with the logic!

Quick Reply: Did something tonight with the 944 that I never thought I would do with any car