Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow I'm an idiot just crashed the 944

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow I'm an idiot just crashed the 944

Now this is really embarassing and I feel like **** right now. I went to the gas station and got some gas and then I had to back out and I did a quick shoulder check and looked in my mirror and started to back out and then smash, the right rear fender of my car hits the bumper of some ****tty old toyota.

I get out of the car and the guy had stopped right behind me and the only damage to his car was the llicense plate / his paint on the pumper was scratched up. now I have such bad luck that it wasnt my bumers that hit is car but the right rear fender......... broke the little light and put a nice big dent into it.

now I started driving this car last week and it looked mint until now....

also I did not get crash insurance so they are not fixing my car obviously. The guy took my insurance and name and number and is going to tell me how much it will cost to get his bumper fixed (scratched paint), he says that he doesnt' like dealing with ICBC so I'm guessing he just wants me to pay him cash which I don't want to do. He obviously is not going to get the scratches fixed on his ****ty old toyota.

the guy didn't even honk when I was backing up, not that it's his fault but he was in my blind spot.

now heres some pics of my car, I feel so bad right now, looks like it is unfixable.... I doubth they can pull that out. Just today some guy told me how my car was in such nice condition and now it looks like a wreck.

I'll try and go to some body shops and get estimates but I'm guessing where the dent is, they can't do anything. Also how much should they charge to fix it?

It's actually not the dent that makes me feel so bad but how I crashed , backing up in a god damn gas station, I feel like an old asian lady at the moment.

Last edited by Yummybud924; 08-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:40 PM
SamuliS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, s*it happens. Feel sorry for you, I did the same backed to friends car. It some how seems to be "new cars" faith. Just get it fixed quick in some good place, so you'll get it off your mind.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

That sucks! I don't see a pic, so I can't say much about the damage. You might want to call a scrap yard and get a rear quarter zipped out, and have it welded in. You don't want 20 lbs of bondo in it. Not sure about Vancouver, buy try www.porshapart.com, in Tottenham Ontario. They have an indoor scrapyard. No ****.

I'd say $1000-$1500 parts and labour? That's my guess.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Zero10
Race Car

I have to ask, if it smashed the light and bent the quarter panel, how fast were you backing up?

It sucks to put a dent in any car, so I feel bad for you.
Dealing with ICBC is like pulling teeth. I was hit by a driver insured under ICBC a couple years ago, worst experience ever.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Yes, merry christmas to me, I'm such a dumbass. Here are the pics so you can laugh at me.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:54 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

has to be said.....THAT'LL BUFF RIGHT OUT!

Just kidding! Sorry to see you banged up your car! Does not look to bad though...
Old 11-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

I wasn't backing up fast or anything and looking at that pic you can see where it hit the other car.

that part of my car hit the other guys pumper / license plate. The guy must have come right to the side ofme when I was backing up out of the gas station and I did not seee his car in the mirror or when I did a shoulder check.

you can see from those pics that the damage is pretty bad Now if it was my bumper that his there would have been no damage.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:57 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Just had a look at the damage. Naw...you don't need a quarter...a good bodyman should be able to massage the dent to a point where it only requires some finishing putty. Light and labour under $500 I'd say.

Best of luck!
Old 11-25-2006, 08:57 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got you beat...new gti 6k miles...t boned at 45 mph by an idiot in a jeep just pulling out without looking...may or may not be a total (pray it is)
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

damn that sucks. Nothing ruins your day like a crash. At least that "dumbass" was not you. In this case the dumbass was me. I should have shoulder checked both sides.

right now I'm pretty broke so if I even get it fixed it won't be till summer. 500 bucks would be nice but I"m guessing it will cost much more.....
Old 11-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get to that area through the inside in in teh fender wells.. You could probbaly bang it out somewhat close yourself , but a shop doing it would probably be best. Then just get it bondo'd a bit and some paint.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

It just started snowing also and everyone was panicking / going to buy tires. I also went to buy new tires and I ordered toyo tpt tires which costs 750 for 4 tires....... the guy said that they are good in the dry and wet but not for snow but he said that all of the all season tires are not of snow. I was looking for good all season tires that are good in the wet and okay in the snow.

I just hope that my car is fixable so I can get it fixed in the summer when I have the money.

i just took some pics of all the snow that just came down in the last 1 hour but it won't let me post them for some reason (it says I'm out of space, I already have 1.6 mb in attachments).
Old 11-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

well I'm pretty broke at the moment, I'm paying about 800 bucks for tires on monday and i just got my timing belts tensioned and adjusted.

oh and my 20 percent off from my insurance is going to be gone.....
Old 11-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats sucks, but don't worry from the pics it doesn't look all to bad. Damn toyos are expensive...the bimmer has proxies all around. Last summer some dumb *** decides he wanted to slash one. They gave me 50% off because you can only buy Toyos in one place in Napa. It was around $75 for a proxie half off. Next time I'll go with Pirelli.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:54 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

anything is fixable believe me- i worked at a body shop and ive seen cars that had wheels sticking through the floorboards repaired like new. Dont feel bad, Wed. everyone was out holiday travelling and i took a shortcut to get home, ended up rearending a mini van in my truck. Not bad, but still messed up my bumper. No one was hurt luckily, besides my pride. Happy Holidays!

Quick Reply: Wow I'm an idiot just crashed the 944