Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This KILLS ME!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:48 PM
PCMAX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local dealer wanted $2200AUD ($1628USD) for a clutch & pressure plate. I'm still giggling like a girl about that one!!!!!
Managed to get one (OEM) on Ebay for $450AUD. The dealer prices are a joke! how do they justify that kind of mark up??
Old 02-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

How about $37 for the little piece of molded rubber hose that goes from the fuel tank to the pump? Twice, because it was still leaking...
Old 02-19-2006, 10:04 AM
camelot
Instructor

Granite, I'm with you... Do it right the first time. Intakes are such a pita. Move on!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:22 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW- i got my j-boot brand new from paragon-products for like $35! Ive seen entire hose kits for around $120!!----ok i guess if you have a turbo then the boot is more like $96. Cant remember who had those hose kits....
Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
WOW- i got my j-boot brand new from paragon-products for like $35! Ive seen entire hose kits for around $120!!----ok i guess if you have a turbo then the boot is more like $96. Cant remember who had those hose kits....

I did a little looking around (not a whole lot mind ya), I heard my swiss has a kit, and LR, but from what little I did see and hear of them, its just the 5/32" silicone hose kits, not the larger pre-formed hoses. Those larger hoses are the hoses that are gonna get ya, not those little sissy ones. I'd really hate to see what it would really cost to purchase ALL of these larger pre-formed hoses under there, if I had to order them individually, brand new, since I'm sure most all of them are gonna be coming from the Porsche dealership, anyway.

I finally finished up this morning getting all those large hoses straightened out under the intake (I hope). Yesterday, I couldn't seem to keep my head straight long enough to get much of anything done! I confuse easy sometimes!

I ended up replacing two other hoses under there besides the one above, with brand new formed hoses (THANKS, MICHAEL!). I was able to re-use or find better fitting hoses leftover from parts cars here. I found out that some PO had mickey-moused one of the larger hoses to the cold idle valve, thus stressing this hose pictured above. I found most connections loose and moveable on their attach nipples or attach points, some cracked, broken under the clamps, some hose ends I could trim the ends off, and make work, some I could just use bulk 3/8" fuel injection hose to replace them with. I've got a pretty good selection of those Norma and Gemi hose clamps, so I was able to size down the clamps to get more of pinch on some places that obviously had to large a clamp on them in the first place (even if it was a new hose). I looked at using 90 degree fittings, and bulk 1/2" hoses under there in places, to avoid using pre-formed, and decided it was definately not gonna be a quality, long term solution. There just isn't much room for this kinda thing. That type of hose/fitting attempt, looks to me like it will result in melted, worn through hoses in no time due to vibration and contact with top of balance shaft housing, so I didn't go that route. I should be all good now.

Quick Reply: This KILLS ME!