Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...RE: a closed wing thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:35 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Allow me to act in character

Check out this great auction on ebay - deal of the century:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

Quick, lets contact him to see if we can get a better group rate.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Tifo - the one thing you must remember is that these are public auctions, not private or silent. I know you already know this but I think you forget sometimes. Competition sucks but that is the basis of commerce. Your hard work don't mean sqaut, it's your dollars. Your hard work may pay off if you find the parts yourself (ie: junk yard) and not in an ad (e-bay auction), but over there the person with the most to spend will win every time. The hard work was already done by the seller.

Sorry to go against you since 99% I stand with you, but I think you are off base on this one.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:19 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not even old enough to register for eBay, but I use it in better manner then most people. If you want the item bad enough, you'll pay for it. Don't be frugal, or in other words, a cheap ***. Nothing is free technically speaking, so be ready to pay. Don't blame Porschephile for you not getting a damn good deal. You have no idea that someone on www.buttrapinsnipersforum.com (not a real site), could have posted the link, and the spike in the price was because of that. Granted you worked harder to find these items then people simply clicking on a link, but eBay is eBay. Everyone has the same fair chance of getting the item. What do you expect in an auction, to not be outbid? If you want the damn items bad enough, you'll pay for them.

Your statements that you have more then enough money to buy the parts, and then your whole bitchy whineyness over the link being posted, shows that you're a cheap ***. You may have the money, but if the price goes over 50% of what they were new, you get bent out of shape.

Lighten up dude. It's eBay, don't like how other people are allowed to bid on the same item as you, go buy the parts new!

My dad an I collect little Nova Models cars and Promos from 62-65. If we would have saved the money from them, we could have boughten a 944 by now, in just a year and halfs time on ebay. Just 2 weeks ago, we were bidding on a Red 1965 Chevy II Nova SS. I have only seen one other, for $695 dollars. Well, this one end up going for $281.06 to us. I had to miss English class to come home and bid on the car. Granted thats not an awesome price, as I have gotten a white one for $177.50 before. If you want it bad enough, you'll pay for it. On any car I have boughten out of the 58 we own, someone could have posted a link and raised the price. If wouldn't matter to me, hell, someone might have even done that on this red car. The fact is, we want the thing bad enough, so we pay for it. Suck it up and get the items and don't worry about the price. In the end you'll have what you wanted.

Did you notice that these cars are called "Chevy II Novas"? Type in Nova under model cars, around 90 items will appear, type in Chevy II and around 15 will appear. You have to look in both places for cars. When I first thought to search Chevy II, not many people looked under it, and stuff went cheap. Now cars are going higher and higher. People learn to look in new places, causing prices to jump. You need to adapt, is all you need to do; not bitch.

Don't take it personal, but this is such a stupid thing to bitch about/complain over.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:03 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my two cents: I don't think there is anything wrong to post eBay auctions -- but you should be as courteous as you can.

If you look through the bidder list and you see someone you recognize as a fellow 'lister, then don't make it public. If you find a real bargain underpriced , keep the findings to PM. Personally, it's appropriate to post hard to find items -- because someone here might be looking for it, but not very actively (say P9201, for instance). Or anything funny (eg, the German flag motif 944)

Of course, these rules of thumbs don't work all the time (like the wing...)

Ok, back to my wrenching session....
Old 02-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by josephsc
Just my two cents: I don't think there is anything wrong to post eBay auctions -- but you should be as courteous as you can.

If you look through the bidder list and you see someone you recognize as a fellow 'lister, then don't make it public. If you find a real bargain underpriced , keep the findings to PM. Personally, it's appropriate to post hard to find items -- because someone here might be looking for it, but not very actively (say P9201, for instance). Or anything funny (eg, the German flag motif 944)

Of course, these rules of thumbs don't work all the time (like the wing...)

Ok, back to my wrenching session....
Well said, and I agree 100%. You and I have been through that one once or twice, haven't we?

BTW I won "the tool" the other day. . . Sorry for not double-checking that I wasn't bidding against you but I'm pretty sure you said you already had one.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Allow me to act in character

Check out this great auction on ebay - deal of the century:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
Yea, but (1) they're not the "theft-proof" models and (2) the price is too high. As such, I propose we have a group buy. We can have one on stimulated sheepskin seat covers too. . .
Old 02-06-2006, 12:12 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
BTW I won "the tool" the other day. . . Sorry for not double-checking that I wasn't bidding against you but I'm pretty sure you said you already had one.
No worries -- I already got one cheap!

BTW, you weren't the fool who paid $700 for it recently, were you?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:17 AM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

to all those who cried over the 1st amendment, and free sharing of knowledge without motive:
"Dear Diary... boo hoo. Hearts 4 ever."
Old 02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
adie
Pro

Hijack..Perry.you back??? I'm on dial up so takes to long to look at your site, bet she's looking even better than ever.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
LOL! Doppleganger... Neat...
Oh Tifo! They don't even look alike!
They do have the same passions tho!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

$700?!?! Hell no! I got it for a little more than half that. Even though I've had good luck with the kriket tool thus far, I figured it was time enough to do things properly. . .

Few more toys for the garage. Gotta' love it. Things are moving ahead nicely for a change. I've got a few suprises for you next time you're down 'round these parts.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**** i really wanted that 968TRS wing myself... I tired to snipe it but I was outbid by .52 cents.

go figure.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Ouch.

There will be others man.

Heck, there was an original techquipment roof rack I really wanted recently but didn't win. . . It happens. Ultimately I have to say, "if I wanted it that badly, I should've bid higher". I think about it and then say, "naaaaaah. Wouldn't have been worth it. There will be others".

Don't sweat it man - life goes on without 968 parts. The 944 wing ain't that bad. It's better than 99% of the ones out there.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got 968 wing, mirrors, and door handles plans for my 951 when I pick it up...
Old 02-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Ahh, you'll be spending it on performance mods - who you kiddin'?

That's why I don't bother with doing it on mine. I'd rather take that money and get a standalone EMS or an entire SFR exhaust. Hell, you could practically afford the SFR stage II headers for the price of new 968 mirrors, handles and antenna. . .

Quick Reply: ...RE: a closed wing thread...