Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Europroducts Dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:55 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Europroducts Dissapointment

So, on Friday I placed an order with Europroducts as they have a wharehouse on the east coast and I figured I could save on shipping charges. Placed the order first thing Friday and explained to the lady that I spoke to that I needed the part shipped that day as my car was down. She said no problem that she had the part in stock and she would send a confirmation e-mail later in the day.
Checked my e-mails when I got home late Friday night and no e-mail. Checked again Saturday and still no e-mail. Tried calling them numerous times this morning to check on the status and I all got was the answering machine. Called my credit card company and according to them the card has not even been swiped yet!
Just called them again and once again I got the answering machine so I cancelled my order. All I can say is that if this is there normal way of doing business I will never deal with them again!
I should have just stuck with Paragon who, by the way, I have NEVER had a problem with!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, so you placed the order friday, and got mad because they hadn't shipped by monday?
It does take a couple days for credit-card orders to register. I think it's stupid that they don't answer their phones however.
It's not uncommon for a warehouse to take 1 full business day to ship a part, even if it's in-stock.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:39 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, but if they said they would ship it the same day, and have not, that is bad. I would be upset too.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For once in my life, I agree with Tifo. Well put sir!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Zero10, read my post again. The sole reason I placed the order with them is because I was told that the part was in stock in Mass. and that they guarenteed the part would ship on Friday.
Normally it would not be a gig deal but I explained to the woman i spoke to that the part had to ship friday and she guarenteed me it would. As of Today the order has not even been processed and they have not returned any of my phone calls or e-mails.
that is what I am upset about.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno what has happened, but sometimes a business won't bill you right away even if it has shipped. Granted, they didn't tend to their customer service very well, but theres still a chance it was sent out. Just keep us updated on what the story is in the end. Also, although they are wrong here since they said it would ship friday (if it didn't actually ship) expect a company to take a day or two to ship things sometimes.
Eyal
Old 01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

what time did you order it? I know after 12 chances are it won't be going
Old 01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 113 Posts

I have had execllent dealings with them in the past, even when they were moving. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

-Joel.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
leonc944
Instructor

sometimes you pay a little bit more to get what you want when you want it.

If you're going to be cheap, you're going to get inferior service.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:33 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Eyal, could not agree with you more. As I have said in my last posts normally it would not matter if it took a day or 2 to process the order but when I explain to the person on the phone that the part must ship that day and the person guarentees that it will then that is what I expect. Also, a simple 2 minute phone call or e-mail on their part would have resolved the issue but I guess they our to busy for that.
Leonc944, I am a little confused by your post as the only thing that was cheaper was the shipping and that was because their wharehouse is only a couple hundred miles from where I live.
Nick, the order was placed Friday morning.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Just a quick update. As of 5 minutes ago I still have had no response to my phone calls or e-mails and still no charge on the credit card.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree and I'd be pissed too. Someone said they'd do something, you paid for that service and then they didn't deliver. That's the definition of a customer service failure and it would have cost them my repeat business as well.

FWIW, I've been in similar situations before with both Ians (944Online) where I needed a part quickly. Ian's delivered exactly as they said they would (and even upgraded my shipping service from UPS ground to UPS 3-day select). No affiliation - just saying there ARE other vendors out there that will "go the extra mile" for their customers, even when it's not a high-dollar sale.

Putting myself in the vendor's / business' shoes - I would be FURIOUS if one of my employees let this happen. Even if it's a $5 part it's a blight on your reputation, which is priceless. A $5 part can result in a car being inoperative and just a big an inconvenience to someone as a $2,000 part. The potential loss of future business is inforgivable - it might only be $5 or $20 or $50 today, but what about next week when the same customer decides who to buy that $1,200 part from?

Basic business sense: Always make the customer think they're #1, even if it decreases your profit margin a little. It's called "investment" and employees should be encouraged to think of it in those terms and empowered to enact it.

Quick Reply: Europroducts Dissapointment