Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! THEY TOOK OVER MY CAR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! THEY TOOK OVER MY CAR!!!!

Ok guys, i know this is gonna sound silly, but its totally insane!

Spiders have taken over my car. I don't mean an F430 passed me on the freeway, i mean SPIDERS HAVE TAKEN OVER!!!!!

They are EVERYWHERE!!!! Large black ones have created massive webs all over the underside of the car, and about 1/4 up the side from the rockers!!!!

We have some trees that seem to attract spiders near the side of the house. So we have always had some extra spiders than usual, but this is out of control! And instead of making webs on the bushes, and the gates, they have ALL found my car!!!! Ok, i guess the stupid spider song is totally accurate, because these stupid things are WATERPROOF!!!!!!! The webs go nowhere and the spiders just crawl themselves right back on!!!!

I don't really want to take a broom to my finish. What in the heck can i do!!!!! How do i get rid of spiders! Now im scared to open my doors cause they are all go crawl in! (hopefully they havent already gotten in!!!!!)

This may sound totally crazy, but im serious! What do i do! I can't get rid of them! My car was normal recently, and then i go away for a couple weeks, get back, and im infested!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

100MPH should clear them off pretty nicely...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep. Drive it more.

My cat eats spiders. I can loan him to ya.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2005, 04:05 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

that is hilarious tifo.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

I imagine some sort of bug fogger thing would work fine; I wouldn't spray any bug killer directly on the paint for fear of it messing it up but I bet a fogger would be safe...
Old 08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
ljibis
Instructor

I get spiders in my 240Z track car a lot. Hate to break it to you, but they're probably all over inside the car...the damn things can find holes you didn't know existed.

Try a fogger and some mothballs. Yeah, they stink....but they clear stuff out pretty well.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Big E
Racer

Originally Posted by ljibis
I get spiders in my 240Z track car a lot. Hate to break it to you, but they're probably all over inside the car...the damn things can find holes you didn't know existed.
Reminds me of a joke. You can insert pretty much any 2 car companies you want, but I'll use the ones I originally heard it with. (Why do I have the feeling everyone will have already heard this?) Anyway...

Lexus was doing some testing on their vehicles to determine how air-tight the cabin was with everything closed up. So they put a cat in the car, closed up all the vents, windows, doors, etc. in the car, and left. They came back a day later, and the cat was dead, it had run out of oxygen. Now, Chrysler got wind of this test, so they directed a couple of their test guys to repeat it on a Chrysler car. They go ahead and put a cat in the car, close all the windows, vents, doors, etc., and leave. A day later they come back, and the cat is gone.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Hmm....good idea! Maybe i will toss a few mothballs in the foot wells this week. I have to go away again for a couple days but once im back i will be driving it a lot more. Its insane how quick these stupid things moved in! I didnt want to just drive it right off the back in fear all the vibration would aggrivate them and they would all come inside or something! Or the ones inside would wake up! HAHAHA. I dont mind a spider or two. Thats normal. I seriously have them EVERYWHERE!!!! Ok, i even found an almost 2 inch caterpillar hanging from my driver door!!!! It was caught! WTF!!!!!!!

HAHA and Tifo, that picture is just delightful! LOL! I will save that in my collection of S2 records and material to remember this horrid day!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:37 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, get a hold of yoursef man. Next, fill your pockets with quarters and spend the afternoon at the carwash. Then, dry car briskly on a local highway. Repeat as necessary.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha! take pictures!

an automatic car wash with underspray will knock it off i bet.... but i dont know if you're willing to go through one of those.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Arachnophobe are we Blue?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

HAHA no, im not scared of spiders...and i have been bit several times. However, the last thing i need while im driving is a dozen quarter sized spiders crawling on me. (talk about running a slalom!)

I would never take my car into an automated carwash! I would feel dirty! Ide have to come home and rewash myself! And rewax! The wash and then drive sounds like a decent idea. Too late for it now however as traffic is rediculous. I will be working all day tomorrow, so Saturday morning i will spray the crap out of the car with a bit more pressure, especially underneath and then drive it, a lot!

Its truly amazing how persistent these little biggers are. Water really doesn't bother them. They stay put! And when they get knocked away, they run right back like its theirs!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Another good idea! Since im getting some work done on my car, maybe i will go to the mechanic when they have it on the lift and reclean my underbody! (in the process remove any hidden nests and egg sacks that may be lurking in there.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:00 PM
fmalgapo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow I thought I was bad. My car sat at my bro's house for 9mo, I had to tow it home to work on it, I saw no less than 6 spiders in webs underneath the car that survived the tow. I DO have arachnaphobia, had my friend watch my back for spiders as I was under the dash last night changing out fuses

Quick Reply: HELP! THEY TOOK OVER MY CAR!!!!