Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!

We just made it in, witnessed 5 multi-car accidents on I-70 today- and we were being followed by Wade the entire way in his 951.

East of Columbus, OH it was a white-out condition- maybe 50 feet visibility, 32 degrees and very wet slushy ice on the roadway.. Happened upon the 1st of 2 multi-car wrecks in a 100 foot section of road.. good thing we had ABS, Wade got outta shape and slid past us in the left lane. Pretty hairy driving.

I digress..

Thanks to EVERYONE at the Rennlist Banquet, The sponsors were awesome.
Much thanks to Zim's for donating the much needed set of plug wires I won.
The food was great, a thousand thank you's to Travis, John D. and Jen, Winslow for all the hard work.

Friday night at the Appalachian Brewing company was a gas, The swap meet was great- I have new goodies to put on the old girl

I wont name the rest of the guilty parties- I'm afraid I'll forget some and dont want to leave anyone out. You know who you are.

Pictures and additional comments to be posted as soon as I unpack and catch my breath.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:37 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Wade is a ALIVE?

Your blokes are DIE HARD to drive to that thing in these weather conditions. I salute you.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

here are a few.. talk about "inclement weather". Sheesh.

I really was looking around- expecting ROCK to be there..

Wade in the Allegheney Tunnel

My great buy!! Boxster S take-offs with decent tires..
Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw in interesting incident on the way into Hershey Park - A red 951 with Penn plates was in front of me as we were looping around the driveway that leads you into the event parking lot. Well the road was wet and this guy did appear to be going a little too fast when ... out she goes! He spins about 120 degrees and stalls it. Lucky for him, me and the other cars around me were going slow enough to stop easily and give him time to restart it and straighten out. I later saw the car was over in the for sale lot. It had the fancy aftermarket wheels on it. Pretty embarassing! I hope it wasn't anyone here....
Old 04-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha awww this Rock had to fall into work. I have to make money to pay for big birds and burnt blackys.

Ow ow those rims look hot though. I wish I could have gone maybe next year! Good pics!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:39 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Those are standard Boxster rims, not Boxster S rims.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:45 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

wish i could have gone. none the less, i stayed behind, because of a messed up back, weather and the fact that i had to be at work at 8 am sunday morning.

btw, 2 weeks and im on the road again.. anyone wanna go to hocking hills for a break in run? or how about mansfield?

Trending Topics

Old 04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Wade is a ALIVE?
Really rather lucky to be after the week I had....
and Chris' picture up there is a live action pic....me burying the brakes and not stopping, nothing I could do, along for the ride. Shook me up a bit, but wouldn't have missed it for nothin'!!!! Fear is never boring, and ABS is for "foo foo" drivers!!!!

Like Chris says, mucho appreciado to the many sponsors....to John D and Jen....and Travis busted his *** for this thing in addition to being a partner in crime all weekend....yeah, you too Winslow!!!!.....but the crimes will remain unmentioned.....
This was my first time at this event and I won't miss another. Thanks for the fun guys!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Lizard944
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike C.
I saw in interesting incident on the way into Hershey Park - A red 951 with Penn plates was in front of me as we were looping around the driveway that leads you into the event parking lot. Well the road was wet and this guy did appear to be going a little too fast when ... out she goes! He spins about 120 degrees and stalls it. Lucky for him, me and the other cars around me were going slow enough to stop easily and give him time to restart it and straighten out. I later saw the car was over in the for sale lot. It had the fancy aftermarket wheels on it. Pretty embarassing! I hope it wasn't anyone here....
Hey, I think I saw that car on the "for sale" lot. Two-tone aftermarket wheels and some funny stains on the driver's seat??
This show is great. I've been going for the past 13 years, since it was in Lewisberry, PA. Gives me a reason to do some spring cleaning on the 44, but I'd just like to go one time when I DIDN'T have to drive five hours through a torrential downpour. When will the organizers believe: "April SHOWERS bring May flowers??"
Old 04-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

I also would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to the generous Rennlist Sponsors, John D. Jen, Winslow and of course Travis for making that great night possible! We were all certainly lucky for having no rain on Saturday, and those of us traveling through the white-out conditions in Ohio...making it home safely. I know I seen 7 cars on the side of the road and one tractor with its trailer jack-knifed and twisted over on its side in a ditch.
Looking forward to next year!!

Thank you again everyone!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Jason-85944
Pro

I second that Wade is ALIVE comment!!!! I need rear wheel bearings bad....is the tool back in working order??????????

Nice find Chris...your gonna have to roll your inner fender lips on the rear and grind down the center of the hubs for the front.

-J
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, I just got your message. Call me tonight.
WADE!!!! Where you been???

I may be having an impromptu Golf tranny install this weekend if DHL shipping is on time.
All are invited.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:09 AM
nineeagles
Pro

Great time.....my first time there....it was nice to finally meet some of you that I have tolked to for years....yeah thanks John, Travis........."play that funky music".....Carrot was so embarrassed when her cell phone went off.....
Old 04-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wade - pumps - muscle shirt with sport coat, 4 magic words, its emo not emu, round and shiny, the EM-50 ......the list goes on...

It was a great time!!!!! Can't wait until next year!!!!! And I am glad all the Ohio boys made it home safe. Those pics up there don't look like fun.

Well... 944fest is just around the corner.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:01 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm still hurting Travis you are a bad boy. Sounds like the games just continued for the Ohio contingent, glad all of you got home safe. What a great time.

Quick Reply: Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!