Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:36 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun, makes me wanting for july to come even worse.

Nice buy chris, like tifo said, just "boxster rims" ... see below for boxster "S" rims
Old 04-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Lee Lichtenstein
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Winslow.....you SHOULD be hurting. Travis.......don't forget to pack your *big boy* pants next time. Wade.......'nuff said already. It was fun hanging with all youse guys. The Ohio portion of the return trip was definitely a "character builder". Once I hit the Indiana line, though, everything just completely dried up.
I would also like to thank all the sponsors for their contributions......it was nice that EVERYONE at the Rennlist dinner got at least one item (not counting the Rennbay tees)......with SPECIAL KUDOS to Travis for being John's right hand for the weekend. However, Travis......you're gonna need another hand for yourself.......to keep up with John in the elbow bending department. If I had known there were gonna be some south of the border shots at the end of the evening (and I didn't have to drive back to Chicago the next morning), I might have joined in on a few.
John......it was nice to see you finally show up at your own dinner. As always, my best to JEN!! ;-)

Lee
Old 04-25-2005, 01:09 PM
MartinT
Pro

Winslow, Travis etc....
Great to see you guys if somewhat briefly.
Glad to see those of you travelling through the inclement weather got back ok. I thought the downpoor on my drive eastwards was bad enough. Followed a red 951 and black S2 through the storm.

And as a result of walking around Hershey my girlfriend keeps mentioning how nice 356s look. And how some variety of Cayenne would be a great replacement for her Jeep Cherokee someday. Looks like an expensive future
Old 04-25-2005, 01:15 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be honest, I was greatly disappointed by the swap meet. It was my first time going, and frankly it did not live up to the hype, both in size and content.

Most of the sellers were totally disorganized, and it was hard to wade thru piles of rusty crap trying to figure out if what I was looking for was in there. None of the things that were on my "need to get" list were there (we got there early too). If I had a 911, there would have been plenty of things to buy though.

It was nice to be able to say that I finally went, but it is doubtful that I will make the drive again next year.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Judson951
Drifting

You should of just came to the INDY GTG...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Judson951
You should of just came to the INDY GTG...
Damn straight, I should have!

My buddy Eric did score some nice stuff there though (like some Magnesium 17" 3-pc BBS wheels and a 993 Matter Roll Cage). I'm glad I could help him get the stuff back in my truck.

But yeah, would have been nice to see you guys.......
Old 04-25-2005, 01:59 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by pete944
I may be having an impromptu Golf tranny install this weekend if DHL shipping is on time.
All are invited.
At least it sounds like you are gonna see one show up!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
None of the things that were on my "need to get" list were there (we got there early too).
Not quite early enough. I snagged 12 control arms. You should have called me and I would have passed on the set you were looking for.

Lee,

I rest up all year for that event... but if next year is anything like this one... I don't think any amount of rest before hand is going to help.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

If anyone is dissapointed in this years meet, they should really come when the weather is good. I went 4 years ago and the weather was perfect. It was great and there were alot more wendors. Even saw a couple 944s waiting to be parted out on the spot. There were ten times more 944 and 911 parts than 928 parts available, but this is normal. In comparrison, 2 yeas ago rained and the meet was crap at best. Nothing like when the weater was good.

I can honestly say that this even is totaly weather effected. It the weather is good it will live up to the hype, otherwise it is crap. This is the only reason I didn't go this year. However, if the weater is good next year, I'll be there.

So, if you really want to see what the Hershey swap meet is all about, try to attend it when the weather is clear ans sunny. You will not be dissapointed.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
nineeagles
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny thing is the vendors who had the most stuff for 944 were from my home area (SW PA).....there was some cool stuff.....did anyone else hear the GT3 fire up.....WOW that car sounds awesome....
Old 04-25-2005, 03:45 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

I had a blast too, although I gotta agree with Tifosiman in that the vendors could have been more organized. Half of them couldn't answer my questions when I asked if they had a certain part in stock...and I didn't really want to spend the hour searching through 10 parts bins for a switch blank!

I did find some cool stuff, like a billet aluminum fuel rail that bears a striking resemblance to the Lindsey racing unit (for less than half what Lindsey charges)...
Also got a good deal on a Kokeln short shifter from Stable Energies and a few other small items.
Didn't find what I really wanted to spend money on though!

The autocross was fun to watch, I've got to upload some pics of that. There was a crazy looking do-it-yourself 944 convertible racecar there with an enourmous wing on the back. Looked crazy, never seen anything like it before.

Wish I had gotten to meet you SW Ohio guys, I guess I should have been more social at the Banquet! I did spend some time talking to Winslow, great guy and I can't wait to see this beast of a 951 in person!

Also, to top it all off, I ended up winning a $100 gift certificate to SFR at the banquet! Awesome, thanks Travis for organizing all of that stuff, and sorry I couldn't help out...

Anyone here going to the Parade in June?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:11 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Not quite early enough. I snagged 12 control arms. You should have called me and I would have passed on the set you were looking for.

Yeah, like I told ya this morning I left your cell# at home (doh!). Turned out I didn't need 'em anyway.........................

I noticed some late offset arms that you didn't snag though. Did you leave those as teasers for me?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Lee Lichtenstein
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 944 Fanatic
Anyone here going to the Parade in June?
I'll be there......#142.......staying at Hershey Lodge

Lee
Old 04-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent Lee- I will be in Illinois unfortunately at that time.. The Lodge is a great place to stay!
Wes and Jereny- you are both correct- but this Boxster S was optioned with the standard Boxster wheels. I was simply stating what they were taken off from.
I Hope this clarifies.. (M627 option IIRC)
Old 04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahah, they wanted too much. I got all my arms for $25 or less. They went up since last year but still a good deal. I think I came away with only 3 early arms and I need the one pair for my turbo. That leaves one if you need it but I can't remember which side it was.

The ones you saw still there, they would not back down off of $50 a piece. There was also a set of 968 ones hanging around but they wanted an "arm" and a leg for them.

Quick Reply: Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!