Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepowerfarm
Charlie944,

Thanks for the info, did you get one of his rails also? John was a really good guy, I would prefer to get them directly from him. Although, I have not installed the rail yet, I compared it to the Lindsey rail and the brackets are just so nicely"over built" on John's rail, plus the rail doesn't have a name across the top.

Winslow,
I also got a parts list of the other parts needed to make this happen. I have them saved with Summit Racing part numbers. The part numbers I chose are the Earls equivalent to the Summit Racing part number. You can save a few dollars on the Summit hardware, I like the quality of the Earl's, plus I can get black anodized with Earl's. Let me know if you need this info.
And yep, the contact info for John above is what I have.

Edit: And I completely agree, this rail is overbuilt in its mounting, which is great for such a critical peice. The fact that it doesn't have a name on it, and isn't anodized blue are just bonuses. Tell ya the truth, I'd have bought the Lindsey rail already if they offered it clear anodized without the name on it.

Edit 2: I have a bunch of pictures I'll throw up tonight. I have more pics of the Sunday morning auto x than I have of the swapmeet.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

All -

Melanie and I had a blast at the dinner again this year. We are looking forward to "tasty beverages" with Winslow, Travis, Wade, Chris, Lee, John and all others next year! It was also nice to finally meet Jen! Sorry the Rennstock dvd didn't work, but we can always watch it at the first annual Rennlist Oktoberfest and movie night.

Thanks to all the sponsors, we really appreciate it and do remember you when we are in need - in fact, I already ordered the 968 Caster Blocks from Paragon Products for the new wheels I picked up in Hershey (thanks again Winslow).

Travis - excellent job with the dinner - just watch out for waitresses that are Cornell graduates who somehow skipped the class on "modern colloquialism" - Imo!

"I used to have a cat named Winslow" -

Best to all -

Jeremy
Old 04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

She thought I called her a really big bird.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

I suppose - better to describe a "bird" than a "cat"!

-Jeremy
Old 04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Travis - excellent job with the dinner - just watch out for waitresses that are Cornell graduates who somehow skipped the class on "modern colloquialism" - Imo!

"I used to have a cat named Winslow" -

Jeremy,
It was great meeting yourself and Melanie too.
Of course, we'll do it again next year.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
".....a really big bird......."
Four words..........
Old 04-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winslow, I did not end up buying the fuel rail, but it certainly looked nice and built to last. My major purchase ended up being a Sparco racing seat instead. IIRC John said the price after the swap would be $250.

Quick Reply: Hershey- what a great trip! Thank you Rennlist and Sponsors!