Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Greaseslingers "Day at the Range"

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Directions to the BBQ at my house after the gun smoke dies down are available. Send me a PM if you need them.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Josh968
Instructor

I think we have 1 or 2 people coming who have never shot a rifle or pistol before. If this is the case, and you want some information/instruction, feel free to get in touch with Brian (Red1) or myself. We both have experience as Range Officers, and can help with technique, safety issues, etc...

We just want to make sure your "Day at the Range" is an enjoyable one, and you leave with the same amount of holes you came with
Old 05-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a quick bump.

I will be there, just made reservations a little while ago, I am ready to go!!!

I am pretty bust at work can someone run down the events for Sat/Sun with locations for me. I am not leaving until 6:00 os Sunday from Intercontinental.

I am planning on bringing a friend and a GT3 to this little gathering but I need to give him some directions, etc.

Just a heads up, I havent fired anything in almost 10 years and that was an M60 (the joys of living on a military base!) so dont expect much

George, if we are wrenching on Sunday I need to know so I can grab some clothes for that and I will need a place to shower and change after.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
icat
Race Car

Looking forward to having the gang together again.
Here's a link to the Shooting Center - http://www.amshootcenters.com/ with a map. Geo will have to chime in with directions to his place for Sunday.

Last edited by icat; 05-15-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Matt, if George doesn't have his car ready (nudge nudge Geo), we could take the boat out Sunday.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt H
Just a quick bump.

I will be there, just made reservations a little while ago, I am ready to go!!!

I am pretty bust at work can someone run down the events for Sat/Sun with locations for me. I am not leaving until 6:00 os Sunday from Intercontinental.

I am planning on bringing a friend and a GT3 to this little gathering but I need to give him some directions, etc.

Just a heads up, I havent fired anything in almost 10 years and that was an M60 (the joys of living on a military base!) so dont expect much

George, if we are wrenching on Sunday I need to know so I can grab some clothes for that and I will need a place to shower and change after.

Yeah, you don't have to aim so much with an M60.

OK, who is bringing the minigun?

The cars will be going into the shop on Saturday. We don't have all of the lights up yet (one will require some scaffolding we'll have when we insulate). No AC yet either, but we shouldn't need it. The compressor may not be hooked up yet either. That depends upon whether I can get the 220 lines run this weekend.

That said, my niece's husband is going to come shoot as well (I'm assuming this will be OK). As a result, I may not be able to make it to the shop on Sunday and if I can, it may not be until around 1:00). I have to find out the details of when my niece and her family are going back to Dallas.

If we do go to the shop on Sunday, you can shower at my house Matt. It's mostly on the way to IAH anyway.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Geo
Race Director

Oh, I'll probably be a no-show for the BBQ. I'm sorry Keith. With my niece and her husband and 3 kids in town it would be exceedingly difficult.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by Geo
Oh, I'll probably be a no-show for the BBQ. I'm sorry Keith. With my niece and her husband and 3 kids in town it would be exceedingly difficult.
Dude - ya been to my house and ya know it's got room for some rug rats and an in-law or two. Bring 'em on and we'll show 'em some Texas hospitality!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm.....BOAT....I like boats....

Either way, we can do whatever. Call me later, as usual, and I will give you my "plans." I am coming on Thursday to do some business work. The office is at Almeda Mall but I dont know how much we will be there.

Keith, you going to take donations for the food? I am going to KILL some BBQ, you cant get any that is worth a darn up here!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by icat
Dude - ya been to my house and ya know it's got room for some rug rats and an in-law or two. Bring 'em on and we'll show 'em some Texas hospitality!
Cool. It will depend somewhat upon when we are done shooting. The twins are 2 and go to bed around 8. I don't know if they will want to let them sleep in the car two nights in a row (while they drive). Sounds great though. I'll talk with them. And my niece's little girl loves dogs so Bandit will get more attention than he ever thought he wanted.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Geo
Race Director

I am going to KILL some BBQ, you cant get any that is worth a darn up here!
Haven't you had ribs along the river? I know it's been 15 years since I was there, but man, there was this place along the river that had ribs to die for when I was there. I have a hard time believing it's gone. Can't remember the name though. The place featured seating at picnic benches inside and rude waitresses. What else could you ask for?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:45 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Well, I'm off the 10th - 19th.

I just talked to Kevin, to see if he could run up here tomorrow before I have to go to work. I REALLY want to drive the 944 to Keiths, but, still have not diagnosed the "thumping" noise.

If I do drive it there, I'll bring my own cardboard drip pan for the really nasty front seal leak

I probably will miss the shootem up part of the festivities, but will definitely be there for the eating part.....
Old 05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Geo
Race Director

News flash.....

Dateline: Houston.........

My niece and her husband cannot make it afterall. She is now going to be working next weekend. We'll be at the shootemup and the BBQ and we'll be on for the shop on Sunday. I'll be there early. Map to come soon.

BTW, the shop is not a place you'd want to bring your garage queens. The driveway into the shop area is gravel and there is not much parking off the gravel.

My plan for next Sunday is going to be removing the hatch, doors, bumpers, airdam, hood, windshield, side glass, front fenders.

That shouldn't take too awful long and if we get that all done, the next thing will be prepping the engine for removal.

The shop has a small fridge and water cooler. We hope to have a microwave there this weekend or next.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Hey Matt,

If ya got any spare time while you're here, we would love for ya to come up and see the new digs.

Keep it in mind while you're planning.......
Old 05-05-2005, 02:15 PM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by Geo
My niece and her husband cannot make it afterall. She is now going to be working next weekend. We'll be at the shootemup and the BBQ and we'll be on for the shop on Sunday. I'll be there early. Map to come soon.
Bandit will be crushed - he just loves having his tail pulled.

Keith, you going to take donations for the food? I am going to KILL some BBQ, you cant get any that is worth a darn up here!.
Uh oh, ya mean I gotta do it right! Time to yank out the 'ole cookbook...

Quick Reply: Texas Greaseslingers "Day at the Range"