Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why am I filled with Murderous rage? Answer inside!--Update: we got her!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:16 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it really looks good and they only charged $900 (not that it matters because the woman that hit you paid, right?) You know Geoff looking back on the thread, I don't think you ever told us what happened when you talked to her. What was she like?
Old 03-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
yeah, the ONE time I ever hit anyone in the parking lot, I left a note that pretty much said, "Hi, I screwed up and scratched your car while parking. I have insurance, please call me, I want to pay for the damages."

2 months later I get a call from the lady who's green bug I scratched...she told me not to worry about it cuz it just needed a can of touch up paint. I offered to pay her back for that, and she said "Don't worry about it. Thanks for your honesty"

Why can't more people do this?
All hail the great Porschephile for his honesty and good morals. Dude - you're a dude. Stop talking like such a girl. People have their WIVES pass away and they dont make a scene like you do. Im not even being sarcastic. Youre coming off like a total loser.

Just take a deep breath and relax. Things will work themselves out.

Take care.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing happened to me last year, it was an elderly U of T prof, did $2K damage. Two students left me a note.

Play it cool. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TaylorSea4
You know, we've got a HUGE probelm with hit & runs here in Houston, and not to sound politically incorrect, but a large portion of runners happen to be in our version of Little Mexico. Immigrant dude comes over, gets "financed" at the your-job-is-your-credit lemon lot, pops into the local cheap insurance place and gets the one month binder. You think he's gonna renew when he's only here for 6 months?? He bought the car to take home with him anyway.

Until legislation is passed that prohibits ANY insurance agent from writing a one- three month pollicy, we will always see the uninsured splitting the scene. Also, these friggin lemon lots selling a car to some cat without seeing his insurance policy for a year. Hold these damn dealers accountable; make them pay some penalties and you can bet that the rest of them will shape up. I got creamed into a fireplug about 4 years ago by some dude over in Little Matamoras. Before I could get out of my car (hindered by the now-dented door and rocker) he threw his turd in gear and motored off. I had a cop buddy run his tags only to find out it was some impounded car that didn't have a salvage title issued. Me? I took it on the chin and ponied up the dough. And I stopped driving through Little Matamoras...
Funny. Something similar happened to me in Canada, but it was some poor white trash from New York State who left the scene of the accident.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How does a "poor" white trash find his way to Canada?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:53 AM
meanmaroon951
Racer

your doesnt sound bad at all seems like my right front fender is the object of everyones anger 3 unknown bad dents have appeared in the last month <<<<<<<<<<<this is the murderous rage man <<thank god i havent got it painted yet i guess....
Old 03-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
All hail the great Porschephile for his honesty and good morals. Dude - you're a dude. Stop talking like such a girl. People have their WIVES pass away and they dont make a scene like you do. Im not even being sarcastic. Youre coming off like a total loser.

Just take a deep breath and relax. Things will work themselves out.

Take care.
Heya, thanks Serge! Ya know, that was from the day it happened, and I was pissed...Say whatcha want, but I was pissed...that's that. People suck...more evidence every day of this.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishman
Yeah, it really looks good and they only charged $900 (not that it matters because the woman that hit you paid, right?) You know Geoff looking back on the thread, I don't think you ever told us what happened when you talked to her. What was she like?

I never talked to her...only to her insurance. they were nice!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:37 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Serge944
.....Stop talking like such a girl. People have their WIVES pass away and they dont make a scene like you do. Im not even being sarcastic. Youre coming off like a total loser......
C'mon Serge, this is a Porsche forum. We're supposed to be at least a little passionate about the cars.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
George Boss
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Legoland951
How does a "poor" white trash find his way to Canada?
They come up for the social benefits and the strong beer.

Quick Reply: Why am I filled with Murderous rage? Answer inside!--Update: we got her!