Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why am I filled with Murderous rage? Answer inside!--Update: we got her!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005 | 12:56 AM
jp931
5th Gear

What happens if shes a hottie?
Old 01-21-2005 | 01:00 AM
fossil_fuel
Instructor

You make her 'work it off'.
Old 01-21-2005 | 01:17 AM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey,Something else to think about..PRIVATE PROPERTY.. Around here if there is an accident on private property the only thing the police will do is make a report and then you have to fight for your $$$$. FRED
Old 01-21-2005 | 02:08 AM
TrevorW
Racer

I wouldn't leave her a note at all. Let the police do the leg work, you have a witness, probably a video, you should be in good shape. Remember that she made a mistake, don't try to screw her too bad. That being said take her to court since she devalued your car since you can no longer claim it as 'original.' Good luck.
Old 01-21-2005 | 02:23 AM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

i say throw the book at her. I know i would be very angry if that happened to me and woulkd throw the book at her.
Old 01-21-2005 | 03:32 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

she's gettin the book thrown at her f*cking forehead. I seriously don't care if she's a hottie, I want my car FIXED
Old 01-21-2005 | 03:39 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Oh, and to make things even better, I called the police to file a hit and run report, so they want my car at the scene tomorrow morning. no prob. I'm driving back from work, and my alternator finally gives out. I would've had it fixed, but my parts supplier (name not mentioned because I have tremendous respect for them) sent me a new starter instead of alternator on warrantee (sp?)

I was on the highway, my headlights dimmed, stereo turned off, and the car was sputtering. I took the closest exit and coasted to a parking lot and called AAA. Had them tow it back to school, so I can be here for the police report. So, now, to get to the dealer for the pan gasket thingy, I'll have to tow it again. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HURRY UP UPS!!!!

my car hates me right now...
Old 01-21-2005 | 11:25 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Your car is simply demonstrating it's outright disgust for the lady that hit you.

I don't know what the laws are on hit and run in Colorado, but in Calgary, it isn't hit and run if it's on private property, as that's a highway traffic act violation (also applies to all public roads). Unfortunately, if it's on private property, it's usually considered either destruction of property, or vandalism, although insurance still has to pay for it. Also, they have to have not turned themselves in for either 48 or 72 hours, I can't remember which one it is right now.

But, if the cops are coming out, then perhaps the laws are different there.

Best of luck getting your car fixed, and teaching her a lesson!
I wonder if she left a note, and it blew away or something?
Old 01-21-2005 | 11:41 AM
M758
Race Director

Hmm,
I have an intersting Denver hit in parking lot story.

I was there last november. I had the Dodge 2500 upthere as my wife and I were doing a show for her business. Anyway one evening we hard parked in hotel parking lot as usual and this evening we were having dinner in the hotel resturant. Anyway some guy comes up and asks for me.

Turns out he had hit my truck in the parking lot. He was there with family and friends for dinner in an unmarked police car and one doors opened to far and put a scratch on truck. After dinner I looked at the truck and was able to rub out the scratch, but I was shocked that guy had "fessed-up" to something never would have even noticed. I guess it may have been one of those deals since he was using the "company car" or maybe he was just a nice guy. Anyway I dropped by after looking at at truck to thank him for his honesty and told him to not worry about the scratch.

So the moral of the story is some guys can be pretty nice about stuff like this. They are not all like the Lady!
Old 01-21-2005 | 12:16 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

yeah, the ONE time I ever hit anyone in the parking lot, I left a note that pretty much said, "Hi, I screwed up and scratched your car while parking. I have insurance, please call me, I want to pay for the damages."

2 months later I get a call from the lady who's green bug I scratched...she told me not to worry about it cuz it just needed a can of touch up paint. I offered to pay her back for that, and she said "Don't worry about it. Thanks for your honesty"

Why can't more people do this?
Old 01-21-2005 | 01:05 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Its weird that me and Geoff here have the same first name. Mine is Jeff but still the same. We both Drive 924S's. Mine used to be in really crappy condition and now its in decent condition. I feel for you man. Someone that I know hit my car and ran away. Its a big *** chip too. What was funny is that he could tell everyone else but me. When I found out I approached him and said he needs to pay for it. I was so mad. He was like alright I'll pay for it. I just had the car painted about 3 weeks before he hit. So I said how would you like it if someone came to your house and put 30 rounds into your car. He said I don't care. I said don't come crying to me when that happens. I never did it obviously because I wouldn't be sitting here. But I know how you feel I hate when people do **** like that.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 01-21-2005 | 01:42 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

So Neon Driver, did your threat of "30 rounds" get your damaged paid for?
Old 01-21-2005 | 01:50 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Alright. Thanks Neon Driver and Stahlblau.

Ok. I filed a report with Campus Security, and just called the Denver police, cars are en route. I hope she walks or drives by when the police are around my car, she'll be ****tin bullets.

My friend who witnessed it has yet to fill a report due to class, but he's going to today. Also, they're gonna review the video tapes in the times between 3 and 4:30.
Old 01-21-2005 | 02:07 PM
Operator
Three Wheelin'

You're lucky you have cameras on that lot. Someone at work backed up and over my front bumper on my 944 and left a nice scrape. Good thing they stopped before reaching the nose piece. The left a nice gash on the top of my rubber impact strip and my bumper..

what can i do right? scratches build character.. or something. there were no witnesses. I left a note on a suburban that i thought might have done it... theres so many SUVs in the lot that could have done it with their tow-hitch attachement.. but he called me back and said he didnt do anything. oh well. I should probably touch it up .. but i want to do it right.. maybe in the summer.

good luck with your situation

hmm.. i should add you to my xbox live friends list...
Old 01-21-2005 | 02:17 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

I got some money not all of it. My paint job was $500 but I only charger him 50 for the chip he put in it.

Quick Reply: Why am I filled with Murderous rage? Answer inside!--Update: we got her!