Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want out. 944 turbo for sale, many extras!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:35 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want out. 944 turbo for sale, many extras!

alright everyone. after 4 years of owning my 944 turbo, i have come to the conclusion that i owe much to money from college and need to sell my baby. here are the stats:
see car here
'87 944 turbo, guards red. mileage is: 151261
currently it has an '86 944 turbo engine in it. with about 85-90k
it will come with the '87 engine as well as a spare. but it is in pieces (i was going to build it up).

the car runs well and here is what is on it now:
SFR 3" cat back exhaust
gutted cat
tial 38mm dual port wastegate
lindsey racing manual boost controller
lindsey racing performance BOV
SFR stainless braided fuel lines
SFR fuel pressure guage modified to fit onto fuel rail
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
heavy duty blue silicon vacuum lines
new khumo exsta supra 712 tires (maybe 2000 miles)
new rear rotors (maybe 3 thousand miles)
new pads for front and back
hella H4 headlight conversion with PIAA ultra white bulbs.
euro driving light conversion with PIAA H3 ultra white bulbs in each slot (i beleive one set are 80 watt and the others are 110 or something like that)
i did my own "full boat" light wiring conversion using relays distribution block and heavy guage wiring.
a-pillar guage pod with autometer boost guage and A/F guage
MOMO millenium evo steering wheel
GURU racing 18psi chips
Zeitronix wide band 02 setup with LCD
python car alarm with remote locks
custom car cover
currently it has an apexi SAFC-2 in it, but unless there is an expressed interest in it, i am taking it out and it will not be included.

i do not know when the belts were last done on the engine in the car now. i got the engine with 80k miles on the clock, and the belts looked fine (wasn't planning on using the engine very long) when i put it in the car.

it also has a GTracing carbon fiber hood.

first, this car is best purchased to be used as a track car or autocross car

this car does have the factory LSD! option code 220.

now if your asking what kind of condition this car is it, i will rate it as fair exterior. reason i say that is the paint has very bad sun fade. the hood has chipped corners due to it flipping up at a low speed. also the front bumper is cracked, but that is not really noticable.

as for the interior, i removed almost all of it because it was in poor condition anyway. i was going to convert the car to a track car and ripped all the carpet out to reduce the weight. the seats, dash and door panels remain. i still have the sunroof cover, cernter console and headliner if you want it, but the rest was thrown away. additionally i sitll have a stock steering wheel if you dont want the momo.

my loss your gain. i still have all the reciepts for everything.

i'm asking 4500 for everything. the car DOES run, and you can take it for a test drive if you like (it is pretty fast.... but only serious buyers will be handed the keys). the car is located in arlington TX zip code 76006, and most of the extra parts are located in holland, MI zip 49424. i can have everything shipped to you as it will be a big crate, and if it needs to be shipped i will take that into consideration on the price. if i don't get any takers on the full package right away i will certainly start selling off some of the extra parts (extra engine and 3L crank).

PM or e-mail me of your interested or have questions. e-mail kevin@rennlist.net

thanks guys and gals!

(edited to account for LSD, car cover, and price adjustment)
(edited again because the 3L crank was sold, and i lowered the price 1500 dollars)
you can view the car running in this video:
http://members.rennlist.com/homerdoh56/944turbo.mpg

Last edited by kevin Dubois; 01-28-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:45 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

sorry, here is the working link

oh, and i am leaving it for rennlisters first, then i will post it to autotrader and last e-bay if there is no interest.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:14 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

seems kinda high for a car in poor-fair condition w/ no interior.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:29 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

considering that there is like 3500-4500 bucks in upgrades(retail) getting a turbo car for about 2-3000 that runs with a spare motor and some other toys isn't too bad. Unfortunately any upgrades are only worth about half of retail even if they aren't installed, don't ask me why? Good luck man.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:30 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
seems kinda high for a car in poor-fair condition w/ no interior.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Zackb911
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ951
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I concur...
Old 01-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts

I thought I was beating the guy I bought the Z28 from over the head when I added up what he paid for his suspension and motor modifications.

Guess I was off by a few bucks because the people interested in the car are really trying to beat me over the head.

I am tempted, but too damn lazy to swap the stock parts back in and sell the car stock, then sell each peice separately to get my $$ back.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Penz
Intermediate

Why do some of you have to just come in and post saying the price is too high? Your not looking to buy it are you? I did not think so. So who cares what the price is and just let him try and sell the car. If you have anyting to say about the price then IM him.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:19 AM
NZ951
Race Director

How do you know the people commenting on the price are not interested in buying the car?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:26 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

I am however, interested in one item if you have to sell the spare engine....headers...i need them...bad..
Old 01-03-2005, 12:29 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I am selling some on eBay at the moment...
Old 01-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

almost exactly what I have been looking for... a track beast. Too bad I just bought the Celica. I'd definetly be interested in 3 months if still available.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:54 AM
kevin Dubois
Racer

i have two sets of headers. one of them is sitting in a box. i have no idea what headers are going for, so shoot me a price and i'll look around and see what they are going for.

as for the price i said i would consider any reasonable offer. the reason i said 7500 is because i knew it was a good starting point. i know it is not worth more then that, and i know everyone likes to work out a better deal on the price. so make an offer if your interested.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:53 AM
kevin Dubois
Racer

one other thing. the extra engine comes with, block, head, cam, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, crossover pipe, turbo, injectors, fuel rail, wiring harness, all internals of the engine, distributor with wires, throttle body, and i'm sure there is more little stuff, but basically everything is there.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

other things that have been replaced include a new sachs spring center clutch when i put the replacement engine in (about 5 thousand miles ago). that leaves two used spare clutches that will come with it (both most certainly usable). fuel lines from the tank forward were replaced. pass. side control arm was replaced, and the replacement has the rennbay ball joint kit replacement on it. have the driver side replacement, but not installed yet. the sway bar bushings have been replaced. the parking brake shoes were relined not to long ago. the driver side rear axle was replaced last spring.

and for those interested in it as a track car, i have already removed the cruise control (which never worked anyway, but all the parts will be included). i have removed the windshield washer resevior and hoses/nossles, and again, it will all be included as extra parts.

and FYI, i have tracked the car once, and the only car in my group i wasn't able to pass was a 350Z. i have autocrossed the car a number of times, and most recently (november) took 4th in SM2 with the street tires... which i thought was very impressive.

and sense everyone preffers to have a lower starting price, i will start it at 6000 to make you all happy.

Quick Reply: i want out. 944 turbo for sale, many extras!