Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what did YOU get for christmas!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 06:40 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from much needed clothes, I actually got some very nice Porsche stuff this year. I got my PCA membership renewed, along with one of those nice PCA license plates (PA plate), "The Directory: Sources for Parts & Accesories for Porsche Cars" (third edition), the "Original Porsche 924/944/968" book written by Peter Morgan, a two-year subscription to Excellence, ALONG WITH SOME EXTRA CASH TO SPEND RENNLIST MEMBERSHIP!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:51 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I think all of your relatives are weird.

Well, I mean perhaps mine are then. Talk about getting Excellence subscriptions, Sparco products, brake lines etc etc. Am I the only one with immediately family members who wouldnt know what in the hell a Sparco is? Where in the hell is someone gonna buy you a brake line or something. As if my mother is going to get on the web and buy automotive parts for me. Shes a freakin mom. Moms buy you underwear and socks and a new au d' toilet' fragrance. They dont buy you car ****. And dads dont buy you anything. They let mom do the shopping and put their name on the tag as a token of paying for it. Most dads I know havent gone Christmas shopping in 20yrs. When you open your ****, dad is as surprised as you are at what he supposedly got you. And I can damn well guarantee you nobody in my family is going to spend an extra four hours calling every place in the city and hitting every web site on the Internet so my chocolate bar is in the shape of a Porsche. This is how all the families I know operate. Dont get me wrong, I salute you and your families. They are sooooo different than the ones I know though.

So I think Im once again living in a completely unparellel universe. I guess Im just struck with utter amazement at how all of your families go ape**** over your Porsche hobby. If it aint sold at Target, Kohls, Stein Mart, or Home Depot in my family, you pretty much aint gettin it.

Old 12-26-2004, 08:13 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

UD my family is like yours.. no car stuff (well i did get a 356 model..) my dad does some shopping though.

honestly i got everything i told my parents not to get.. i told em i didnt want clothes, cd's, socks, shoes, etc. and to save their money. i told them i didnt need it.. i wear shoes till they fall apart.. i still have shoes from 2 christmases ago that i havent worn except when i tried em on.. i have enough shirts and pants.. and if i need em ill get em cause i have a big *** and gotta get pants that fit me right. i dont need any hats.. i have alot of hats.. and i dont wear any of em cause im going to wear my maroon abercrombie cap til it dicenigrates.. you have all seen me in it.. i wear it about every day.. its comfy and fits like a glove.. its me!

i told em if they want to get me somthing, get somthing i could use thats practacle. like i wanted a bursch exhaust for the 912.. dad knows where to get em.. i also told em i wanted por 15.. its only 30 bucks tio get enough to do the pans. maybe a screw driver set cause i keep loosing em one by one from the set i have. told her thats all i wanted.. for christmas and birthday (turn 24 on the 30th).

instead.. i got shirts, pants that dont fit, new shoes that are a size too big, hats, porsche model so it can collect dust on the shelf, socks, boxers, and a dvd player for my birthday although i dont watch movies, dont own a dvd, and dont even have a tv that can hook up to a dvd player (still in the mono age). but its cool.. still some good neat stuff.

im not bitter about what i got.. because i know my mom and dad cares for and loves me. im better off than alot of people all over the place. i have a home, i have a family, i have clothes on my back, and im loved.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:16 PM
sharkwing1
Advanced

how much does a DE usually run?
Old 12-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got:
1) iPod integration for the 924S
2) snowboarding goggles (no more sunglasses, no more frozen tears)
3) Halon fire extinguisher, 1 lb bottle
4) a trip in March to go see the Sebring 12 hour race...with my father, renting an RV and staying in the infield. I can't wait. I've never seen an ALMS in person. It's gonna be AWESOME.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So what did YOU get for christmas!?
A new girlfriend, maybe.

Met on the 24th, first date today, and she was just as attractive sans my "party goggles." We'll see how it goes!
Old 12-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride

So I think Im once again living in a completely unparellel universe. I guess Im just struck with utter amazement at how all of your families go ape**** over your Porsche hobby. If it aint sold at Target, Kohls, Stein Mart, or Home Depot in my family, you pretty much aint gettin it.

That is exactly why I went out and leased myself a GTO for my birthday/xmas. I dont need no friggin socks or undies, I don't know why people wear undies. Im a car enthusiast dammit, skid marks are supposed to be kewl!

When I was 18 my mom got me a silver 930. Too bad it was just a friggin matchbox. Now 25 years later I got myself a silver GTO. Too bad it has a friggin payment attached. Maybe she will get me a silver GTO to match the silver 930 in my wall unit.

Luis, I hope she sees things the same as you when she doesnt have her beer goggles on.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:04 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride

Well, I mean perhaps mine are then. Talk about getting Excellence subscriptions, Sparco products, brake lines etc etc. Am I the only one with immediately family members who wouldnt know what in the hell a Sparco is? Where in the hell is someone gonna buy you a brake line or something. As if my mother is going to get on the web and buy automotive parts for me. Shes a freakin mom. Moms buy you underwear and socks and a new au d' toilet' fragrance. They dont buy you car ****. And dads dont buy you anything. They let mom do the shopping and put their name on the tag as a token of paying for it. Most dads I know havent gone Christmas shopping in 20yrs. When you open your ****, dad is as surprised as you are at what he supposedly got you. And I can damn well guarantee you nobody in my family is going to spend an extra four hours calling every place in the city and hitting every web site on the Internet so my chocolate bar is in the shape of a Porsche. This is how all the families I know operate. Dont get me wrong, I salute you and your families. They are sooooo different than the ones I know though.

My mom didnt even shop for the brake lines, I told her they were at the shop I go to, how much they were, and she already knew where the shop was. She went in and picked them up
Old 12-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tools, tools, and more tools! And a very nice framed picture of a Speedster (think I mentioned that before). I'll be hitting up Mr. Craftsman very soon for those infernal "triple square" wrenches and possibly a couple of other things thanks to a copious quantity of gift certificates. . .
Old 12-26-2004, 11:55 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

update!!!, got another mid engined car from a friend for xmas, remote controlled gt!!! Finally got my bike put together and hung it up in the apt. out of the way....a nice shot of my euro lenses, and from what i hear, my porsche calendar and coasters havent made it here yet.
Attached Images    
Old 12-27-2004, 12:15 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasnt going to post anything in this thread when i read it on Christmas day night because i didnt recieve anythin P-car related, well thats cause my parents forgot to give me this!!!!! I couldnt believe they did!!!! Besides this I got

XM radio
1 of everything Aeropostale makes ( i swear!!!)
some odd tools
one of the best things was watching my 2.5 year old really get into christmas for the first time!!!!

The only bad thing about the whole day was that I got the flu at 1:30am christmas morning, and felt horrible the whole day!!!

MArk
Old 12-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Internet has been down so I am on my father’s connection (slow).

I got some really good stuff this year.

I got two Porsche T-shirts and some Porsche playing cards, A Rollbar "Race" with options for my 944 Cab. However, the best gift I got was a GCK from Rennbay.

P.S. Thank You, Travis you made this Holiday Season extra special.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:54 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xsboost90
update!!!, got another mid engined car from a friend for xmas, remote controlled gt!!!
Hey xboost!! About that drawing behind your RC, is that one by Lyle James?? Did you get it for the Porsche-Corvette Shootout??? I know the artist, very nice guy....

BTW for Xmas I got some CD's I have been wanting for a while. Old stuff by a band called Propaganda, though I think I might be the only one who listens (listened?) to them.

Cheers!
Old 12-27-2004, 12:59 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

yessur, got it when i signed up for the race, which i was in the top ten qualifiers to race in the 924s.
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Very kewl! In the very first Porsche-Corvette shootout, I managed to place also. We ran the strip at Kil-Kare for that one. I also won the closest matching times for the 2 runs. I had a perfect match down to the thousandth place on the timer, though I have no idea how that happened, I am not that consistent a driver.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: So what did YOU get for christmas!?