Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

horsepower farm i have a ? about your lemans spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 06:12 AM
Nocturnal_Breed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horsepower farm i have a ? about your lemans spoiler

winslow,

Please email me at nocturnal_breed@yahoo.com i have question about your lemans spoiler lettering. I am assuming this is a real authentic lemans spoiler from a 924. I am wondering about the lettering. I was trying to find someway to replicate this look with the letters sunkin like the stock spoiler. If you could at the least coul you give me a height and width dimension of the lettering along with the spacing between letters, ect. I would really appreciate it. let me know either way.

thanks in advance,

chad
Old 11-20-2004, 09:46 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

im pretty sure thats a fiberglass repop custom jobby from somewhere....before the whole copyright infringement scandal.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:48 AM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

I'm prettty sure from
www.gt-racing.com
Old 11-20-2004, 11:57 AM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know for sure it is not GTRacing. The GTRacing spoiler is much higher on the sides, not quite as handsome in my opinion. I think mine it is an old one from AIR. When I se the car later today I get you the letter spacing and dimensions.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Nocturnal_Breed
Instructor

thanks winslow,

Id really like to get a plug of your letters so i could replicate it easier. not sure if we could work something out to get this done. Let me know if you would be up for something like that. I could pay for all the materials ect. If not i'd be very grateful for the measurements. Please email me them at nocturnal_breed@yahoo.com or let me know about the plug if you could on here or on the email.

Thanks,

Chad
Old 11-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

take some modeler's clay from a hobby shop, stuff a handfull of it into the letters section, and then bake the clay. viola, instant "porsche" stamp.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:11 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nocturnal_Breed
thanks winslow,

Id really like to get a plug of your letters so i could replicate it easier. not sure if we could work something out to get this done. Let me know if you would be up for something like that. I could pay for all the materials ect. If not i'd be very grateful for the measurements. Please email me them at nocturnal_breed@yahoo.com or let me know about the plug if you could on here or on the email.

Thanks,

Chad
Chad,

I measured the letters yesterday the dimensions are, 1 1/4" tall 3 1/4" wide and the relief is 5/16". I will make a clay plug for you. Please email me your address. It won't cost you a dime, but you have to become a Rennlist member!
horsepowerfarm@msn.com
Old 11-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Nocturnal_Breed
Instructor

winslow,

Thanks. Great id love a clay plug it would make things that much easier. And as far as becoming a member i have been trying to do it for sometime but i wanted to become a lifetime member and i dont see anything about that on the order form. This board and its members is well worth the membership fee as my car wouldnt be where itis today without all the members help and gererosity. I will email you my address and get right on signing up.

Thanks again,

Chad
Old 11-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Strike-Force
Racer

Lifetime isn't an option, it's something that you get for really good deeds...
Old 11-23-2004, 03:54 AM
Nocturnal_Breed
Instructor

I paypal'd them them money yesterday morning and i still haven't recieved anything is that normal? I want to make sure they got my info but i dont want to bother them if they are just backed up. any ideas?

Quick Reply: horsepower farm i have a ? about your lemans spoiler