Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Cop cited me with 3 violations in 1 stop!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 06:23 PM
86944T
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[a**holefilter]
Take a step back for a second and look at it from the cop's perspective:

- He decides to pull you over for speeding, which is routine...he might have even been in a good mood.

THEN YOU:
1) Decide to cut off another truck, while not using your turn-signals (suspicious)
2) Decide not to pull over (even more suspicious)
3) Have expired tags (ok, stolen car anyone?)
4) Have dark tint, while not illegal, certainly does not make the officer feel comfortable approaching the car
5) Leave the freakin engine running as he approaches

What would you have done as the cop? Would you have been happy to walk up to the car and feel as if your life was in danger?

This guy works everyday pulling over kids like you who don't have the experience to know exactly what goes into his job, then you proceed to cry to an Internet message board with the subject: Help!! Cop cited me with 3 violations in 1 stop!! OMFG!! OMFG!! The humanity!!!

Grow up, take the cost of the tickets and the insurance increase as an expensive lesson in life and move on. You will be a better person for it, and guess what...in the future you won't act like a complete and utter moron.

[/a**holefilter]

Good luck!

Peter
Old 10-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Ok, no more of this ******* perspective bull****.

1) Decide to cut off another truck, while not using your turn-signals (suspicious) - Another truck? It was only one. I was about 8 feet in front of him before I changed lanes.
2) Decide not to pull over (even more suspicious) - Decide?
3) Have expired tags (ok, stolen car anyone?) - The cop pulled me over on the 12th, my tags expired on the 10th, the money was sent 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't recieved them. I doubt he'd think "stolen car" when he sees my tags have only a two day expiration.
4) Have dark tint, while not illegal, certainly does not make the officer feel comfortable approaching the car - It's legal here I don't give a **** about how that SOB feels
5) Leave the freakin engine running as he approaches - The engine was OFF as soon as I pulled over, the keys were on the dash.

By the way, while going over the ticket, I discovered two more mistakes. I am taking this retarded cop to court, and I will win my case.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cyrus951
I am taking this retarded cop to court, and I will win my case.

- I don't give a **** about how that SOB feels
And you carry on with an attitude like this? Go back and read this thread in a year . . . or maybe several . . . and see if you are proud of how you have written. I'd be ashamed to put my name to anything that you wrote here.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Write the letter. Better chances.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:18 PM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedPorscheSpeed

When I got home, I began to realize that several of my new books I had bought during the trip were water damaged, thanks to the pouring rain gushing into the car during the search. Also, a battery operated clock I had taken with me on the trip was soaked. My new road atlas, soaked. My interior in several places, soaked. Many of the buttons in the hatch that attach the carpet to the body of the car were either missing or broken...
For some reason I want to say that if you decline to let them search your car, that alone is probable cause for them to do so, so either way it's a lose/lose situation. Maybe it varies from state to state, or maybe i'm just plain wrong, but maybe someone else can shed light?

Secondly, thats not right that they should be allowed to destroy your property during the search and then just hand it back in pieces and send you on your way. If they really did that much damage, you really should write a letter or take action to try and get some kind of remuneration for your loss, especially to the car. We all know it's not cheap to put a Porsche back togerther.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Greg,

I'll write the letter within the next two weeks.
Can I send it to you for editing/approval?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:43 PM
GUMBALL
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Cyrus951:

Has it occured to you that your attitude might have provoked his attitude?

In a traffic stop, an officer's attitude usually starts out neutral, but will change very fast if he percieves that you talk to him with ..."the wrong attitude"...

I'm not attacking you - but read your posts in reply to other forum members questions and suggestions.

Think about it.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:36 AM
JediAgent
Racer

Greg,

I'll write the letter within the next two weeks.
Can I send it to you for editing/approval?
Sure.
Stop by my computer store, we'll take pics of your car while were at it.

Quick Reply: Help!! Cop cited me with 3 violations in 1 stop!!