Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Cop cited me with 3 violations in 1 stop!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Peckster
Stop this shameless flattery of your customers!
Every chance I get.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:48 PM
944JM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a ticket many moons ago on my motorcycle. The cop also stacked charges on top of what he 'thought' I was doing in the way of speed. Failure to yield being one of them (he claimed I was trying to run). I had pictures of the road and mathamatical proof beyond doubt that If I was going as fast as he claimed, he never would have been able to turn his car around, exceed my speed (in order to gain on me) on the winding road we were on. The lawyer I retained told me it was a common practice for some police to 'stack' the charges when they know they have a weak case. Reason being, in order to get them to drop the 'stacked' charges you would have to agree to a reduced ticket whereas a speeding weak speed ticket by itself would be thrown out. Get a lawyer. Lose the tint.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I know you don't want to hear this but you’re probably SOL. Its pointless to argue in court about he said she said crap or he wrote she wrote on my ticket and will only make you look bad. Your a 17 year old driving around in a Porsche, in their minds your a kid with a silver spoon. I know sad but true!! Best plan of action is to dress nice and take responsibility for what you did. And MOST IMPORTANT be POLITE and RESPECTFUL to the judge. If this is your first ticket ever, use it to your advantage and remind the judge of this. Everybody makes mistakes… Good Luck!
Old 10-17-2004, 01:23 PM
PorscheMonkey
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 944
Cops are such putzzzzzzzzzzzzzesssssssss.............I know or have known cops that are...Alcoholics, Dope Smokers, Coke Heads, Ricers, and just plain old idiots....I think that cops are just a bunch of idiots with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much power that will always go to their head....But once in a great while you will meet one that is pretty cool, but most are not....I never try to talk or plea, or even respect the cop if he does not respect me, and take my chances with my lawyer and the judge...

DAmian
I can see why you haven't had many positive experiences with the police.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:29 PM
PorscheMonkey
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 944
There are actually like 4 cops currently in the MIlwaukee area that are being paid by us the TAX payers even thought they are suspended for **** like sexual harasement, bar fights, beating up people, and other stupid ****, and yet these cops are on paid leave from their departments...What freakin joke...I have no respect for these guys...A cop has never helped me in any way or made my life better in any way.......I think this is another one of those things in the world today that is getting worse and worse....yeah you know what Im saying bull**** or Corrupt cops...

DAmian
You recommend going to court when accused of something, so I supose you believe in innocent until proven guilty. The accused cops are entitled to the same constitutional protestion as anyone else. If and when they are found guily, they'll be punishished. I know a cop who works in Internal Affairs. About 80 percent of allegations made against the police are false and made by bitter people that are trying to get revenge against the cops.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:38 PM
TaylorSea4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cyrus, old buddy, pay attention: NO judge is gonna give a frog's fat *** about the "technicalities" of an incorrectly written up ticket. You're not OJ and this isn't a murder charge, although it is funny to imagine Johnny Cochran representing you in traffic court: "If the boy is NOT 507 pounds YOU MUST ACCQUIT!!"

When you retain the services of a traffic lawyer in Texas (and it sounds like SoCal as well, judging from other guys in your state), you're just buying someone's time who knows the system, knows the judges, and is qualified to ask the judge for either a lesser fine or a deferred fine. DO NOT got into court on your own crying technicality; you will be patronized by the judge in such a way that will make you feel very small. DO put on a nice shirt with a collar, remove any jewelry from your face or ears if you have them, and speak politely.

I got 4 speeding tickets in my old hot rod when I was 17 (it happened to be speed yellow as well!); ALL of them were 75+ in a 55. Lost my license for 3 months, got grounded, got my license back and proceded to get 2 more. Panicked that my dad would freak out, my bud introduced me to a traffic lawyer. And it all worked out. Again, I don't how it is in Cali-funky, but it seems like it works the same way. They essentially just reset the case until either the cop doesn't show or the judge caves in and gives up a deferred or reduced sentence. There is NO such thing as a DA in traffic court in Texas, and I'm thinking Cal is the same as well.

So turn off the 'Law and Order' reruns, call around until you find a lawyer who specializes in traffic tickets, pay his sneaky lawyer *** the dough, and keep your record clean. And for the love of God, man, don't drive your car without turn signals. Not using signals for lane changes just gives them more crap to pull you over for. ALWAYS use them; even on empty highways. I won't harp on ye about uber-dark tint, but ya gotta pay more attention to what's going on around you. Not seeing anyone behind you, let alone a COP is just unawareness at it's worst. Later, bro.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Someone on here said this last time and it is so true..

"A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge."
Old 10-17-2004, 07:24 PM
TaylorSea4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought a good lawyer was a spritual paradox of such magintude that were a lawyer to truly be "good" it would upset the delicate balance of this dimension and tear the time-space rift WIDE open.

Although, since we're talking about good, y'all DO know what 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean is called, right??
Old 10-18-2004, 12:47 AM
PorscheMonkey
Instructor

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Someone on here said this last time and it is so true..

I do believe that was the profound statement of : Chris 924bowdown:
Old 10-18-2004, 09:54 AM
944JM
Instructor

I have a neighbor that works in the court system as a stenographer. She can tell you, hiring a lawyer is the same as buying influence with the judge. Unfortunately it will be a crap shoot as to which one has the most influence with which judge. A good one will try to have the case continued until a more favorable judge rotates onto the bench.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by PorscheMonkey
I do believe that was the profound statement of : Chris 924bowdown:
Ahhh... the great and powerful wizard of.... oh.. nevermind, thats just Chris again.

The mention of Chris and the word profound in the same post.... tisk tisk..
Old 10-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

"You recommend going to court when accused of something, so I supose you believe in innocent until proven guilty. The accused cops are entitled to the same constitutional protestion as anyone else. If and when they are found guily, they'll be punishished. I know a cop who works in Internal Affairs. About 80 percent of allegations made against the police are false and made by bitter people that are trying to get revenge against the cops."

Hey there buddy, most of those actions committed by those cops I speak of were caught on tape and and played on the 10 o clock news....So I dont think that I should pay those idiots salary while they are waiting for a court date....Even after I just watched them do it on the freakin news....I would like to see what would happen to you if you were to preach something like that while walking down the streets of Milwaukee...! I think your 80 percent is waaaaay off.......More like maybe 20......!

And in addition there are cops who have been found guilty and recieved nothing but a slap on the hand, and I flipped the bill..? You like paying taxes for stupid ****..?

Here is another good story of how great our police is....

Happened 2 weeks ago....A cop arresets a younger kid who is being alittle bit hostile by spitting and such on the cops...So the cop who arrests him decides to put on a spit hood on the suspect..basically looks like a smoke mask....But when the idiotic cop put on the spit hood he forgot to open the breathing hole for the kid...o on the way to the station the kid died in the back of his police car..And what happened to the cop..? Well he recieved a slap on the hand, was found not guilty, and is now back in his squad car on the streets...Isnt there something wrong with this..? Or what about all of the screw ups with Dahmer....So many more lives were lost because of police stupidity....What can any idiot become a cop these days...? Or are the training standards that low..? I have plenty more stories like this of police being iresponsible which has lead to human death or injury....All in the last 4 or so months....

DAmian
Old 10-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Devildog2067
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Training standards are low today because there are very few intelligent, motivated people that want to be cops. They're overworked, underpaid, and have to put up with everyone's **** all the time. And (as one of my salespeople, who used to be a prison guard, put it) you hang out with dirtbags all day every day.

I wanted (still want) to be a police officer. I think it would be a tremedously satisfying career, and something that I could look back at with pride when I retired. But I refuse to risk my life and deal with all the things that they do for 25% of what I can make selling cars. Same reason intelligent, motivated people tend not to last in the military.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

"They're overworked, underpaid, and have to put up with everyone's **** all the time."

I could agree to that...

DAmian
Old 10-18-2004, 05:34 PM
unreal_news
Racer

if he paced you, ild take it to court. cops rarley hand out tickets that way. first off, its really unprofessional, and can make him look bad (my cousin is a cop and always uses radar/laser). second, if worse comes to worse in court, just ask for no points probation.
unfortunatley, there are a handful of stiff @ss cops with nothing better to do than think they did a good job at work by pulling over a sports car. ...oooo get killed in this thing ... pfft, please, the victoria he drives comes out of the factory with insane hp. it probably isnt built to withstand proper cornering/braking/ect..., and hes gonna tell us that a 944 is dangerous 0_o

-john

Quick Reply: Help!! Cop cited me with 3 violations in 1 stop!!