Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over tonight - stupid jerk cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheMonkey
Sorry Devon,
I wasn't suggesting that there was anything wrong with your driving. I also agree that there are some bad cops out there. I was just generalizing a bunch of posts where people get tickets and what not and are pi$$ed at the cops. It's funny cuz they usually don't deny doing what they did to get the ticket but just think that the cop should have not bothered with them. If the cop is really out of line, there are usually ways to lodge a complaint. That way if he is bad he will be held accountable.
Good luck.
Understood. I accept being held accountable for my actions. Unless things get worse and the place i just got inspected by, wont stamp the ticket, I won't challenge it, because I feel some guilt in winding it out. Although, I don't feel there is any reason redlining it should be illegal, especially when just trying to enter high speed traffic like this. But I do feel that I was a cop and I saw a kid in a Porsche (car isn't really important, but it makes some difference) blaring down the road, accelerating WOT, then I would probably at least stop and talk to him about it.. but I wouldn't go as far to do something like giving hima ticket to this extent.

I should've played the college card, but I forgot.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,288 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheMonkey
Where the heck do you live?
Cops here are too busy with the city going nuts to worry about anyones muffler.
You need more crime in your area to keep the cops busy.

Precisely...Ill send some of the animals from the city to your hometown....
Old 10-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I see it the best way to reduce the problem is to quit voting for improved police protection. Every year or so I always see something on the ballet to provide increased funding for the police. If people would quit voting yes we'd see less cops hiding behind the radar gun, hence, less speeding tickets.
DUMBEST POST EVER

Let's just not fund the cops. I mean surely this inconvenience and your ticket for going 11 miles (20%) over the speed limit are what cops are on this planet for.

No one wants to see a LEO until they need one.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:10 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are 20 years old and driving a Porsche, you are getting a ticket. You might as well go down to the courthouse every year or so and just pay the clerk. I am not saying its right, but its gonna happen.

I haven't even gotten pulled over in about 7 years - coincidence, I don't think so.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

I'm 18.

I understand the comment, but I know a lot of cops who actually aren't like that, and who will actually pull you over for if your really do anything wrong.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:10 AM
RI951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Devon,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was just in your neck of the woods today leaf peeping, zipping south down Rt 94, thinking how great it would be in my 951, instead of my wife's Lexus. Looked like a pretty lightly patrolled, lightly populated area, all the way to Rt 102. Guess I'll think different now.

Pat
Old 10-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Isn't 94 great? That's the road i take to school every week! I'll be taking it twice tomorrow, home to stupid inspector and back!

Rt 94 and 102 are pretty lightly patrolled. I take 94-102-2 to get to school. careful on 102 in the big hilly sections tehy sometimes set traps there.. but i usually find myself going way too fast all teh way to school because the roads are so nice, especially with the foliage now.

Rt 44 is the bad one.. cops all the way up it from connecticut to cranston.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Okay so I went to one place, and they said they wouldn't stamp the ticket because they already lost their license once for letting someone go with a light out on their license plate, and he dindt want to take the chance. He said my car is "a little loud".

Drove all the way home from school yesterday (hour) to the place i got inpsected, guy stamped it no problem, so I'm all set now. The ride down 94 and 102 back to school wiht the foliage was great! Ahh...
Old 10-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, that's good that it's been stamped. kudos. yay for not losing the license
Old 10-13-2004, 03:21 PM
97xray
Burning Brakes

Devon, good to hear!
When do we get the invite to check out those roads?
The leaves are great this week... and this sun - it's PERFECT for the porsche.
I have the front bumper done, you haven't seen it since the damage.
Front nose panel and fenders still need paint, but from 20 feet you can't tell...
we should meet up and DRIVE!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:54 PM
ttwitc9516
Advanced

Dude, get used to it if you're going to drive a Porsche. The first Porsche I bought was a red 924 in 1985 when I was 25. It made me a much better driver. The police will put you under a microscope. It's not right, it's just fact. I'm now 44 and drive my 944 or 914 like the old man I am and still get nervous when the police are behind me. I promise you'll become a safer driver, albeit somewhat reluctantly.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:38 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Originally Posted by ttwitc9516
Dude, get used to it if you're going to drive a Porsche. The first Porsche I bought was a red 924 in 1985 when I was 25. It made me a much better driver. The police will put you under a microscope. It's not right, it's just fact. I'm now 44 and drive my 944 or 914 like the old man I am and still get nervous when the police are behind me. I promise you'll become a safer driver, albeit somewhat reluctantly.
WTF?!?!
You shouldn't have to get used to tickets no matter what car you drive. Yes, age can play a roll in someone's immaturity, and thus, stupidity behind the wheel. BUt i dont expect to get pulled over and i don't expect to get a ticket. The vast majority of my time behind the wheel is with better observational skills than most people, in the right lane depending on the situation, aware of other people motives and desires, and just above the speed limit by 5mph (unless its a smaller residential street at which point im usually 5mph below the speed limit) - If anything im safe, reasonable, and definately AWARE of whats going on around me. Its assinine to think that just because of my age and vehicular brand loyalty that I should be forced to pay out for someitmes ludicrous citations. Yieldsign's ticket was way out of line, and i think he deserves a formal doorstep apology from the ticketing officer, but that probably won't happen unless he knows some people.

Im really just tired of all you nay-sayers that think a ticket is this unbeatable burden that one must face regardless of driving ability if between the ages of 16 and 25. Its disheartening.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Hey jake, I'd love to get together for a drive. Maybe you want to ake a spin up to rhode island some time this or next week? We could just do an hour or two ride of rt 94 and whatever else I can find. :P I'm just at school, so i'm always free! hehe.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:17 PM
StupEd05
Pro

Originally Posted by 2Tight
Trust me, one ticket out of at least 7 stops in the last 30 years. Youth is cursed in their eyes.
How does ZERO, thats right 0, none, nadda tickets sound, out of 8 stops!!! Oh yeah, im 17 and drive a Porsche

Oddly enough, I have found with cops around here it is better to be a complete a-hole and threaten to take them to court for stereotyping teens in nice cars. Hell, it got me out of 2 tickets for going 12 over. One of them the cop didnt get me on radar, but said his "judgement was enough". So I said fine, see ya in court. Came back with just a warning. What a tool.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:20 PM
PaulStewart
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The military protects us, the police control us, waiters serve us.....

Quick Reply: Pulled over tonight - stupid jerk cops